Dr. Akhil V M
Department of Mechanical Engineering
My Current research area is biomedical signal analysis and developed a pneumatic rehabilitation robotic exoskeleton system with EMG based control for the human lower limb.My research activities include the design and development of lower limb exoskeleton for rehabilitation, the effect of surface conditions in muscle activity and electromyography signal based control of the supporting devices. I have worked on the external and internal parameters which affect the human joint torque under the different surface and walking conditions. My areas of interest include Product design, Robotic, Bio-mechanics, Structural analysis, 3D printing etc. I worked as an assistant professor at Heera College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram in the period of 2013to 2015
- B.Tech (University of Kerala)
- M. Tech (University of Kerala)
- Ph.D. (NIT Calicut , Mechanical Engineering)
- Akhil, V. M., Jobin Varghese, M. Ashmi, P. K. Rajendrakumar, and K. S. Sivanandan. " Gait Variability and IEMG Variation in Gastrocneminus and Medial Hamstring Muscles on inclined Even and Uneven Planes." IRBM 2021
- Akhil, V. M., M. Ashmi, P. K. Rajendrakumar, and K. S. Sivanandan. "Human Gait Recognition Using Hip, Knee and Ankle Joint Ratios." IRBM 41, no. 3 (2020): 133-140.
- Akhil, V. M., Jobin Varghese, P. K. Rajendrakumar, and K. S. Sivanandan. "Investigation of gait cycle deviation over surface irregularities utilizing muscle activities." Bio-medical materials and engineering 30, no. 3 (2019): 267-277.
- Varghese, Jobin, M. Akhil, P. K. Rajendrakumar, and K. S. Sivanandan. "Effect of body mass index and chair height on the torque developed at the knee joint during back-to-sit and sit-to-stand movements." International Journal of Bioinformatics Research and Applications 14, no. 1-2 (2018): 131-143.
- Varghese, Jobin, M. Akhil, P. K. Rajendrakumar, and K. S. Sivanandan. "A rotary pneumatic actuator for the actuation of the exoskeleton knee joint." Theoretical and Applied Mechanics Letters 7, no. 4 (2017): 222-230.
- Varghese, Jobin, M. Akhil, P. K. Rajendrakumar, and K. S. Sivanandan. "The Effect of Impact on the Knee Joint Due to the Shocks during Double Impact Phase of Gait Cycle." International Journal of Biotechnology and Bioengineering 11, no. 2 (2017): 55-58.
- Ullas, Akhil V.M., K. Rajendrakumar, " Kinematics Synthesis for lower limb rehabilitation exoskeleton Systems." International Conference on Emerging Trends in science, Engineering and Technology ICESET 2020,
- Aarya Pandey, Akhil V.M., U. B. Jayadeep “Artificial neural network-based load prediction using stress-stiffening effect.” 4th International Conference on trends in Electronics and Informatics (ICOEI 2020), pp. 816-820, IEEE,2020.
- Akhil, V. M., Jobin Varghese, P. K. Rajendrakumar, and K. S. Sivanandan. "Effect of VMD decomposition of soleus muscle EMG in SVM classification." In 2019 Second International Conference on Advanced Computational and Communication Paradigms (ICACCP), pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2019.
- Akhil, V. M., Jobin Varghese, P. K. Rajendrakumar, and K. S. Sivanandan. "Torque required at the knee joint of a robotic assistive device for its thigh to follow the parabolic trajectory generated by its hip joint during sit-to-stand posture." In Innovations in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Media Technology (ICEEIMT), 2017 International Conference on, pp. 7-10. IEEE, 2017.
- Akhil, V. M., Jobin Varghese, P. K. Rajendrakumar, and K. S. Sivanandan. "Artificial neural network-based study of torque at knee during sit to stand and back to sit movements." In Control, Instrumentation, Communication and Computational Technologies (ICCICCT), 2016 International Conference on, pp. 720-724. IEEE, 2016.
- Varghese, Jobin, M. Akhil, P. K. Rajendrakumar, and K. S. Sivanandan. "Determination of optimum energy level trajectory during swing phase for exoskeleton knee joint." In Robotics: Current Trends and Future Challenges (RCTFC), International Conference on, pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2016.
- Akhil V.M., Jobin Varghese, P K Rajendrakumar, K S Sivanandan, “Design and Development of 3-DoF Mechanism for The Exoskeleton Hip Joint”, NSC conference, IITR 2019.
- Akhil, V. M. "Design and analysis of Hydraulic Actuator for Engine Gimbal Control of a Satellite Launch Vehicle (for 5000 psi Hydraulic System)." Stainless steel 17(2015): 4PH.
- Akhil V M, “Study on driver centric two-wheeler road accidents” - National conference on Road safety and engineering, conducted in association with Kerala Road Safety Authority 2013.
- Dr Himasree, Akhil V M “ Strength of Material”, Owl Publications ISBN:978-93-85666-88-9
- Mechanics of Material
- Mechanical Engineering Science
- Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems in Automation