Bhagat Singh P
Assistant Professor (FTC)
Department of Mechanical Engineering
|Phone No:||98949 68309|
My research interests are primarily based on various manufacturing processes with an emphasis on materials science and engineering. I have extensively worked on developing Magnesium and Aluminium based lightweight alloys and composites through liquid and powder metallurgy routes primarily targeting the automobile and aerospace industries. I have pursued my PhD in developing ultra-light weight alloys for the aerospace industry which was generously sponsored by India’s public research firm aeronautical research and development board (AR&DB). Further, I have extensively worked in various metal forming and severe plastic deformation processes. I possess a commanding knowledge of mechanical behaviour and the structure-property correlation of materials.During my stint at NIT Trichy as a research associate, I developed a Magnesium melting furnace to develop the ultra-lightweight alloy. Further, I have research experience in IISc Bangalore as a visiting scholar to conduct bulk texture and hot compression-related studies.I have worked as a lecturer at St.Peter’s University, Chennai and as an associate professor at DVR and Dr.HS MIC College of Technology, Vijayawada.
- BE - St.Peter’s Engineering College, Anna University (Production Engg.)
- ME – CEG Campus, Anna University (Manufacturing Systems and Management)
- PhD- NIT Trichy (Metallurgical and Materials Engineering)
- Assistant Professor
- Bhagat Singh.P, Sangama Eswaran.R, Prem Kumar.D and Gnana Dileep.B, “Effect of basalt powder in AA 5083 composite on microstructure and mechanical properties evolution”. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.11.990, Materials Today Proceedings-a Elsevier publication).
- Abhishek Gosh, Manojit Ghosh, Kondaiah Gudimetla, Rajib Kalsar, Leo A.I. Kestens, Chandra Sekhar Kondaveeti, Bhagat Singh.P,Balasubramanian Ravisankar “Microstructure, Texture and Mechanical Properties of EN-AW 7075 Alloy Processed by Equal Channel Angular Pressing”. (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s43452-019-0003-y, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering-a Springer publication.)
- Dhamodharan D, Bhagat Singh.P, Kumaran S, “Effect of grain size and secondary particle refinement on corrosion behavior of cross-rolled Mg-Li-Ca alloy”, (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12666-019-01721-0, Transactions of Indian Institute of Metals- a Springer Publication).
- N, Bhagat Singh.P, Kumaran S, “Microstructure, Mechanical and Bio-corrosion Behaviour of Thermomechanically Processed Mg–4Li–1Ca Alloy”, (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12666-019-01599-y,Transactions of Indian Institute of Metals- a Springer Publication).
- Bhagat Singh.P, Amlan Kar, S.Kumaran, Satyam Suwas.,Effect of aluminium on microstructure, mechanical property and texture evolution of dual phase Mg-8Li alloy in different processing conditions https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1644966518300426, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering Journal, an Elsevier publication)
- Bhagat Singh.P, Rama Krushna Sabat, S.Kumaran, Satyam Suwas., Effect of aluminium addition on the evolution of microstructure, crystallographic texture and mechanical properties of single phase hexagonal close packed Mg-Li alloys.(https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11665-018-3164-6, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance-ASM, a Springer Publication)
- Bhagat Singh.P, Kumaran.S., “Microstructural Evolution and Mechanical Properties of α-Magnesium-Lithium Alloy” International Journal of Innovation and Research, -03, no.-01, Jan2014. Page no.49-51, ISSN 2319-4340.
- D, Bhagat Singh.P, Kumaran S, “Investigation of deformation mechanism in cold-rolled Mg-10Li-1.5Ca alloy”, ‘Second International Conference on Recent Trends in Materials Science and Technology, ICMST-2018’ on October 10-13,2018 at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. (Best Paper Award)
- Sriraman, Bhagat Singh.P, Kumaran S, “Processing and Understanding the Mechanical and Bio-Corrosion Behaviour of Lightweight Single Phase Mg-4Li-Ca alloy”, ‘Second International Conference on Recent Trends in Materials Science and Technology, ICMST-2018’ on October 10-13,2018 at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Bhagat Singh.P, S.Kumaran, “Development of Mg-Li-Ca alloy: Study Their Microstructure and Mechanical properties”,‘First Research Colloquium on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Science, Management and Technology-2018’ Mar 23-25, 2018 held at NIT Trichy. (Best Paper Award).
- Bhagat Singh.P, Deepak Kumar Sahu, Kumaran “ Understanding the effect of rare-earth addition in Aluminium-Lithium alloy” ‘International Symposium on Light weighting for Defence, Aerospaceand Transportation: Trends, New Paradigms and Strategies’ NMD-2017, Nov 11-14, 2017 held at BITS PILANI, KK Birla Goa Campus.
- Bhagat Singh.P, Deepak Kumar Sahu, Kumaran.S,“Effect of Calcium addition in Mg-Li alloy and Study Their Microstructure, Corrosion behaviour and Mechanical properties” selected for poster presentation in “Indo-Austrian Symposium on Advances in Materials Engineering” (AME 2016), Dec 19-20, 2016 held at IIT-Bombay.
- Bhagat Singh.P, Kumaran.S, Satyam Suwas., “Microstructural evolution in extruded Mg-Li-Al alloys during annealing and their structure-property relation”, International Magnesium Conference (IMagCon-2016), VIT University, Chennai Campus, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Bhagat Singh.P, Kumaran.S., “Fabrication of magnesium based alloy for biodegradable implants,” poster presentation at National Metallurgists Day (NMD-2015) at PSG Tech, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India.
- Bhagat Singh.P, Kumaran.S., “Studies on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Extruded Magnesium-Lithium (Mg-5Li) Alloy” selected and published in “Proceedings of the International Conference on Multifunctional Materials, Structures and Applications (ICMMSA-2014)”.
- Bhagat Singh.P, S, Satyam Suwas, “Equal Channel Angular Extrusion of Mg-6 Li Alloy and Study Its Microstructure and Mechanical Property”, International Symposium for Research Scholars (ISRS 2014), Dec 11-12, 2014, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Tamil Nadu, India. (Poster Presentation).
- Bhagat Singh.P, Kumaran.S., “Microstructural Evolution and Mechanical properties of α-Magnesium-Lithium Alloy” International Conference on “Metallurgical & Materials Processes, Products and Applications” (ICMMPPA 2014).
- Bhagat P, S.Vijakumar, L.Karunamoorthy., “Experimental Investigation on Wear Behaviour of Al/ZrO2 Metal Matrix Composite” National Level Conference (RIPE-2010), Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University Chennai.
- Production Technology
- Metal Cutting and Machine Tools
- Unconventional machining process
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing.