Dr. Aravind S L
Department of Mechanical Engineering
My area of interest is automotive safety. I have done my research on the different gas generants which can be used in automobile airbags. I have published these works in reputed international journals. I have also a patent granted to my name and yet another patent is at the verge of getting granted. I have also hands on experience on thermal analysis equipment like Differential Scanning Calorimetry and Thermogravimetric analyser.I have worked as an Assistant Professor and taught subjects at both UG and PG levels in colleges namely, Sarabhai Institute of Science and Tech, Trivandrum, College of Engineering, Trivandrum, Sree Buddha College of Engineering, Alappuzha and NIT- Pondicherry
- B.Tech (SIST (CUSAT), Trivandrum)
- M. Tech (Saintgits College of Engineering - Kottayam, Machine Design)
- Ph.D. (NIT-Trichy, Automotive Safety)
- Aravind, S. L., Paramashivan, S. S., & Mahadevan, S. Thermo-kinetic studies of NaN3/KNO 3 air bag gas generant mixture. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 136(5), 2183-2193 (2019). (SCI Indexed IF 2.1)
- Aravind, S. L., Paramashivan, S. S., Ramasamy, B. K., & Mahadevan, S. Impact of fuel/oxidizer ratio of NaN3 and KNO3 airbag gas generants on toxic emission and performance. Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 133, 348-357 (2020). (SCI Indexed IF 4.3)
- Aravind, S. L., Paramashivan, S. S., Ramasamy, B. K., & Mahadevan, S. Thermo-kinetic studies of Azodicarbonamide/Potassium periodate airbag gas generants . Process Safety and Environmental Protection, (Accepted, In Press) (2020). (SCI Indexed IF 4.3)
- Jeyabalaganesh, G., S. P. Sivapirakasam, K. R. Balasubramanian, and L. Aravind. "Evaluation on substitution of conventional azide based fuel materials with an alternate one in an airbag system–A review."Materials Today: Proceedings (2020).
- S P Sivapirakasam, Harisivasri Phanindra, Rohin Jose, Aravind, S. L. Impact sensitivity of pyrotechnics: a model based on activation energy. Combustion, Explosion and Shock waves (Accepted, In Press) 2020. (SCI Indexed IF 0.39)
- Rahul, S.P.Sivapirakasam, B.R.Vishnu, S L Aravind, SreejithMohan. Experimental investigation on gripper force of electrically activated non-contact swirl vane gripper. Materials Today: Proceedings(2020).
- Aravind S L and T J Paulson, Vibration Analysis of a test rig for misalignment and bearing defects using LABView, International Conference on Recent Advances in Mechanical Engineering, Apr, 2012, Dr. MGR University, Chennai.
- Aravind S L and T J Paulson, Vibration Analysis of a test rig for misalignment and bearing defects, National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, March, 2013, C Abdul Hakeem College of Engineering and Technology, Vellore.
- Aravind S L, Sivapirakasam SP, M Surianarayanan, Thermal analysis of Azodicarbonamide/potassium periodate airbag gas generant mixtures, 2nd Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry Conference, June 2019, Budapest, Hungary.
- Airbag gas generants comprising layered copper hydroxy nitrate nanosheets.
- Variable volume mini tank testing equipment and method of an airbag chemical performance test.
- Engineering Mechanics
- Theory of Vibrations, Operations Research
- CAD-CAM, Manufacturing Technology
- Metallurgy and Materials Science
- Industrial Robotics
- Total Quality Management and Automobile Engineering.