Dr. Charitha M Rao
Department of Industrial and Production Engineering
Teaching is an art and an academic process. Success in teaching is always attributed to the creativity of a teacher. I started my profession in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at KS School of Engineering and Management, Bengaluru and later continued it at Jain University, Bengaluru before joining NIE, Mysuru. I have been involved in various activities at the Department and College levels. I have guided UG and PG projects in Innovative Manufacturing. I have received a fellowship from the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) at the National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal during my Doctoralresearch,and a Life Member of the Indian Society for Technical Education (MISTE).
I am interested to work in the field of Surface Texturing, Intelligent Control, Mechatronics and Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Green Manufacturing, Ultraprecision Engineering, Machining, and its Machinability. The active involvement in research led to the publications in reputed International/National Journals, Book Chapters, and Conference proceedings.
- B.E.in Industrial and Production Engineering (VTU, Belgavi)
- M.Tech in Computer Integrated Manufacturing (VTU, Belgavi)
- Ph.D.in Innovative Manufacturing (NITK, Surathkal)
- Assistant Professor
- Charitha. M. Rao., Sachin. B., Shrikantha. S. Rao., Mervin. A. Herbert, 2020. “Minimum quantity lubrication through the micro-hole textured PCD and PCBN inserts in the machining of the Ti-6Al-4V alloy” Tribology International, 153, 106619. (SCI and SCOPUS, IF-4.872)
- Charitha. M. Rao, Shrikantha. Rao and Mervin. Herbert, 2018. “Development of novel cutting tool with a micro-hole pattern on PCD insert in machining of titanium alloy”, Journal of Manufacturing Processes 36, p.93-103. (SCIE and SCOPUS, IF-5.010)
- Charitha. M. Rao., Shrikantha. S. Rao., Mervin. A. Herbert, 2019. “An experimental and numerical approach to study the performance of modified perforated cutting tools on machining of Ti–6Al–4V alloy” Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 45(2), p.1191-1206. (SCIE and SCOPUS, IF-2.334)
- Sachin. B., Charitha. M. Rao., Gajanan. M. Naik., Puneet. N. P., 2020. “Influence of slide burnishing process on the surface characteristics of precipitation hardenable steel.” SN Applied Sciences, 3(2), p.1-13. (SCOPUS)
- Charitha. M. Rao, Shrikantha. Rao and Mervin. Herbert, 2018. “Performance improvement studies for cutting tools with perforated surface in turning of titanium alloy”. In MATEC Web of Conferences (Vol. 144, p. 03003). EDP Sciences. (Scopus).
- Charitha. M. Rao., Shrikantha. S. Rao., Mervin. A. Herbert, 2018. “Influence of Modified Cutting Inserts in Machining of Ti-6Al-4V Alloy Using PCD Insert”, Materials Today: Proceedings (Vol. 5 Issue 9, p.18426-18432). (Scopus)
- Charitha. M. Rao., Shrikantha. S. Rao., Mervin. A. Herbert, 2019. “Studies on the effect of Process Parameters in Turning of Ti-6Al-4V alloy using TOPSIS”, In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 577, No. 1, p. 012069). IOP Publishing. (Scopus)
- Prakash Vinod, Charitha. Rao, Narendranath. S, P. V. Shashi Kumar, 2015, “A study on effect of cutting conditions on surface finish in diamond turning process”, International Journal of Precision Technology 5(2):114. (Scopus)
- Sachin B, Charitha M Rao, Gajanan M Naik, Durga Prasad C, Ajit M Hebbale, Vijeesh V, Muralidhara Rao. (2022) “Minimum Quantity Lubrication for Burnishing of Difficult to Cut Material as a Sustainable Alternative”, In Sustainable Machining Strategies for Better Performance (pp. 61-69). Springer, Singapore. (Scopus)
- Charitha. M. Rao, Prakash Vinod, P. V. Shashi Kumar, “Optimization of cutting conditions on surface finish in the diamond turning process”, National Level Technical Symposium Pratibimb, The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore, 31stOctober 2013 (Received Best Paper Award).
- Sachin. B, Charitha. M. Rao, “A Study on Surface Engineering – Laser Cladding”, National Welding Seminar, KTPO, Bangalore, 9th February 2013.
- Sachin. B, Charitha. M. Rao, “A Study on Recent Trends: Additive Manufacturing”, National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, K S School of Engineering and Management, Bangalore, 12th November 2013.
- Charitha. M. Rao, C. P. S. Prakash, “Studies on the effect of cutting conditions on surface finish in diamond turning process”, International Conference on Convergence of Science, Engineering and Management in Education and Research, Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore, 27th September 2013.
- Charitha. M. Rao, C. P. S. Prakash, “A Study on Micro Electrical Discharge Machining”, Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology, Jyothy Institute of Technology, Bangalore, 9th March 2012.
- Aditya Arjun, Akshath T Pai, Bhavish Shetty, Sachin B, Ramesh Babu N, Gajanan M Naik, Charitha M Rao, Kiran S Aithal, Manjunath HN. “Impact Analysis of Knee Damper Assistant System with Fall Detection”, International Conference on Emerging trends in Science and Engineering 2020, Shri MadhwaVadiraja Institute of Technology and Management, Udupi.
- Manufacturing Processes
- Finance Management
- Operations Management
- Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery
- Production Planning and Control
- Energy Management
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology