Dr. Gowrishankar S
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
My primary research interests are high voltage insulation technology and electric field computations. Presently, I am focusing on EMI and EMC studies in Electrical Vehicles and Modelling of electric discharges. I have 3 years of teaching experience and 4.5 years of research experience. My Ph.D. thesis was on the effect of surface charges on the flashover performance of outdoor polymeric insulators. I received Best Paper Award for my project work carried out during M.E
- B.E. (K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode)
- M.E (CEG, Anna University, Chennai)
- Ph.D (NIT Calicut)
- Gowrishankar S, Surendra K and Sunitha K (2019): “Flashover voltage computation of Porcelain insulators under Positive Polarity Lightning Impulse Voltages”, IET Science, Measurement and Technology, 13(5), 656-661.
- Gowrishankar S and Sunitha K (2018): “Influence of the Insulator Geometry on the Streamer Propagation Characteristics in Polymeric Insulators under Positive Polarity Lightning Impulse Voltages”, IET Science, Measurement and Technology, 12(8), 1082-1088.
- Gowri Sree V, S (2014): “Electrical Modeling and Impedance Analysis of Biological Cells”, International Journal of Engineering Research, 3(2), 46-50.
- Gowrishankar S, Gourav S and Sunitha K (2019): “Surface Charging and its Influence on Lightning Impulse Flashover Characteristics of Polymeric Insulator”, 3rd IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Technologies organized by SVS College of Engineering, Coimbatore during February 20-22, 2019.
- Mridula, Gowrishankar S and Sunitha K (2018): “Design of Electrode Arrangement for Corona Ageing Studies on Silicone Rubber”, International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Computers, Communication, Mechanical and Computing organized by Priyadarshini Engineering College, Vellore during January, 2018.
- Gowrishankar S and Sunitha K (2017): “Transient Electric Field Computation on Polymer Insulators Mounted in EHV lines”, organized by Asian Electromagnetics Symposium, Bangalore during July 23 -27,
- Gowrishankar S, Gowri Sree V and Raji Sundararajan (2014): “Enhancement of Paddy Germination and Growth using High and Low Electric Fields”, 2nd International Conference on Power, Control and Embedded Systems organized by Anna University, Chennai during February, 2014.
- Gowrishankar S and Gowri Sree V (2013): “A Study on the Influence of High Electric Field Intensity Treatment on Crop Life”, IEEE 1st International Conference on Condition Assessment Techniques in Electrical Systems organized by Jadavpur University, Kolkatta during December 06-08, 2013.
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Generation, Transmission & Distribution
- HVDC Transmission
- Research Methodology