Dr.Imran M Jamadar
Department of Mechanical Engineering
I am working in the research area of vibration based condition monitoring of rotating machineries and vibration control with the start of my Ph.D. work. I have developed mathematical models for prediction of the vibration amplitude from damaged bearings. I am presently working on the development of mathematical models for the performance enhancement of textured journal bearing and gearbox fault diagnosis. In future I want to engage myself in the similar assignments with my students. I am interested to work in the development of Nano-material blended lubricants for the enhancement of performance of rolling contact bearings, gears and journal bearings for different applications. I am presently teaching finite element methods and research methodology for M.Tech. Design and B.E. Mechanical students. I am presently coordinating M.Tech. Machine Design Program. I have developed lab work rubrics for the assessments of skills and attitude of students. Developed open ended problems for the assessment of students. I am also reviewing for the
- B.E (Shivaji University, Kolhapur)
- M.Tech (VJTI, Mumbai, Mechanical Engineering Machine Design)
- Ph.D. (SVNIT, Surat, Mechanical Engineering)
Funded Research Project:
1. Title: Numerical and Experimental Studies for the Vibration Control of 3D Printed Complex Shaped Light Weight Robotic Manipulators
Scheme: State University Research Excellence (SERB SURE), Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), New Delhi.
Total Budget -Rs. 17,86,400/-
2. Title: Wind Turbine Predictive Maintenance using Machine Learning Approach
Scheme: TIH-IoT CHANAKYA UG/PG Internship/Fellowship Program 2023, IIT Bombay
Total Budget -Rs. 480,000/-
3. Title: Vibration, Noise and Tribological Investigations on the Prospective Use of Different Types of Polymers and its Composites in Gear Transmission Systems
Scheme: Research Grant Scheme 2021 of VTU University, Belgavi
Total Budget -Rs. 10,00,000/-
4. Title: Condition monitoring and predictive maintenance of Gear Box
Scheme: TIH-IoT CHANAKYA UG/PG Internship/Fellowship Program 2022, IIT Bombay
Total Budget -Rs. 480,000/-
- I M Jamadar, Nithin R, Nagashree S, Prajwal Prasad V R, Preetham M, P K Samal, Shekhar Singh, Spur Gear Fault Detection Using Design of Experiments and Support Vector Machine [SVM] Algorithm, Springer Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention, Accepted for Publication.
- Ajit Kumar Patil, Imran Jamadar and B. Suresha, Numerical and Experimental Study of VibrationsCaused by Defects in Fan Blades, Journal of Mines, Metals and Fuels, 71(6): 770-775; 2023. DOI: 10.18311/jmmf/2023/34492.
- M. Darshan, B. Suresha, I.M. Jamadar, June.2022,Optimization of Abrasive Wear Parameters of Halloysite Nanotubes Reinforced Silk/Basalt Hybrid Epoxy Composites using Taguchi Approach, Tribology in Industry, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 253-267, 2022 DOI: 10.24874/ti.1131.06.21.08.
- I.M.Jamadar, B.Suresha, P.K.Samal, March 2022, Dimensional Amplitude Response Analysis of Vibrations Produced by Defects in Rolling Contact Bearings, Sound and Vibration, Vol.56, No.2, 2022.
- I.M. Jamadar, Feb. 2022 , Vibration Characteristics Diagnosis and Estimation of Fault Sizes in Rolling Contact Bearings: A Model-Based Approach, ASMEJournal of Nondestructive Evaluation, Diagnostics and Prognostics of Engineering Systems, February 2022, Vol. 5 / 011003-1, pp. 1-13, DOI: 10.1115/1.4051176.
- I.M. Jamadar, June 2021, A Model To Estimate Synchronous Vibration Amplitude For Detection of Unbalance in Rotor Bearing System,International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, Vol. 26, No. 2, 2021, pp. 161-169, https://doi.org/10.20855/ijav.2021.26.21756.
- S. Divya, B. Suresha, H.M. Somashekar, I.M. Jamadar, June 2021, “Dynamic Mechanical Analysis and Optimization of Hybrid Carbon-Epoxy Composites Wear usingTaguchi Method”, Tribology in Industry,Volume 43, No 2, 2021, Pages 298-309, DOI: 10.24874/ti.931.07.20.11.
- Pradeep, M.Y. Aravind Rao,B. Suresha, Imran Jamadar , S. Seetharamu, April 2021, “Mechanical behaviour and tribological properties of cenosphere-copper composites using design of experiments”, Materials Today: Proceedings,Volume 43, Part 2, 2021, Pages 1798-1809, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.10.494.
- I.M.Jamadar, S.A.I.Bellary, 2019, “Model Based Condition Monitoring for the Detection of Failure of a BallBearing in a Centrifugal Pump”, Springer Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention, Vol.19, pp.1556–1568.
- I.M.Jamadar, D.P.Vakharia, 2018, “Correlation of base oil viscosity in the grease with vibration severity of damaged roller bearings”, Emerald, Journal of Industrial Lubrication and Tribology, Vol.70 (2) pp.264-272.
- I.M.Jamadar, D.P.Vakharia, 2017, “A New Damage Diagnostic Approach for Deep Groove Ball Bearings having Localized Surface Defects in the Raceways”, ASME Journal of Tribology, Vol.139, pp.061103-1-10.
- I.M.Jamadar, D.P.Vakharia, 2016, “A Novel Approach Integrating Dimensional Analysis and Neural Networks for the Detection of Localized Faults in Roller Bearings”, Elsevier Journal of Measurement, Vol.94, pp.77–185.
- I.M.Jamadar, D.P.Vakharia, 2016, “An in-situ synthesized model for detection of defective roller in rolling bearings”, Elsevier Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol.19, pp.1488-1496.
- I.M.Jamadar, D.P.Vakharia, 2016, “A Numerical Model for the Identification of the Structural Damages in Rolling Contact Bearings Using Matrix Method of Dimensional Analysis”, ASME Journal of Tribology, Vol.138, pp. 021106-1-12.
- G. Mulik, V.A. Mane, I. M. Jamadar, 2014, “Implementation of the Hidden Markov Models in the Robust Speech Recognition”, International Journal of Advance Research In Science & Engineering, Vol.3, Issue 10, Oct.– 2014, ISSN: 2319-8354.
- M. Patil, R. G. Desavale, I. M. Jamadar,2013, “Conceptual Structure Design Through Thickness Optimization Of High Pressure And High Temperature Self-Regulated Pressure Valve Using Non-Linear Transient Finite Element Analysis”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT,) Vol. 2, Issue 6, June – 2013, ISSN: 2278-0181.
- S.Chavan, R.G.Desavale, and I. M. Jamadar, “Experimental Investigation of Effect Of Angular Positioning Of Legs On Structural Stability Of Pressure Vessel And By Using Non-Linear Finite Element Analysis”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 2, and Issue 6, June – 2013, ISSN: 2278-0181.
- N. Rakate, R.G. Desavale, I.M. Jamadar, 2013, “Structural Design of Overhanging Pressure Vessel Support Used In Pyrolysis Process Using Non-Linear Finite Element Analysis For Structural Stability”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 2, Issue 6, June – 2013, ISSN: 2278-0181.
- I.M.Jamadar, S.M.Patil, S.S.Chavan, G.B.Pawar, and G.N. Rakate, 2012, “Thickness optimization of inclined pressure vessel using nonlinear finite element analysis using design by analysis approach” ,International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET), Volume 3, Issue 3, Sep- Dec (2012) ISSN 0976 – 6340(Print), ISSN 0976 – 6359(Online) © IAEME.
- I.M. Jamadar, R.M.Tayade, and V.G. Patil, 2012, “Structural Analysis of Inclined Pressure vessel Using FEM”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 1, Issue 3, May – 2012 ISSN: 2278-0181.
- Imran M. Jamadarattended as a Faculty Delegate, 10th International Conference on Transformation in Engineering Education (ICTIEE 2023), at Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering Mysuru in Association with Indo Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE) From Jan.06-07, 2023.
- Imran M. Jamadar, Vineeth Sharma, B. Suresha, Aravind S. L., Anand A., P. K. Samal, Feb.2023, Evaluation of damping characteristics of 3D printed CF-reinforced PLA/ABS composite sandwich panels, International Symposium on Lightweight and Sustainable Polymeric Materials - LSPM’23 (Virtual mode), Bangkok, Thailand, 17th February 2023.
- Suresha, Vikas Hanamasagar, Imran M Jamadar, S. L. Aravind, H.M. Somashekar, Feb.2023, Mechanical properties and abrasion resistance of 3D printed lightweight CF-reinforced PLA/ABScomposites using design of experiments, International Symposium on Lightweight and Sustainable Polymeric Materials - LSPM’23 (Virtual mode), Bangkok, Thailand, 17th February 2023.
- Prasanta Kumar Samal, C Amara Chandra, D Lokesh, Imran M Jamadar, Chandan M, Pramod Kumar Malik, Srinidhi R, Nov. 2022, Experimental Technique to Determine Mode Shapes of A Rectangular Plate By Hammer Impact Test, 4th International Conference on Innovative Product Design and Intelligent Manufacturing System (IPDIMS) 22, 25-26 November 2022, NIT Rourkela.
- Prasanta Kumar Samal, Harsha K, Imran M Jamadar, Chandan M, Pramod Kumar Malik, Srinidhi R, Nov. 2022, Identification of Damage in Fixed-Fixed Beam By Classification of Normalized Natural Frequencies, 4th International Conference on Innovative Product Design and Intelligent Manufacturing System (IPDIMS) 22, 25-26 November 2022, NIT Rourkela.
- Ajit Kumar Patil, Imran Jamadar, Prasanta Kumar Samal, August 2022, Integration of Box-Behnken design and finite element analysis for damage detection in fan blades, 2nd International Conference on Future Trends in Materials and Mechanical Engineering (ICFTMME 2022), 19-20 August 2022, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Ghaziabad.
- Sridutt H. R., I.M. Jamadar, July2022, Modelling and Motion Simulation of Vertical Load in Three axis Mechanism, International Conference on Mechanical, Industrial and Production Engineering(ICMIPE) held in Tumakuru, India on 22 July, 2022.
- Ajit Kumar Patil, Imran Jamadar, B. Suresha, July 2022, Numerical and Experimental Study of Vibrations Caused by Defects in Fan Blades, International Conference on Sustainable Materials, Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering- ICSMMIE-2022, 1 -2 July, 2022, SIT, Tumkuru, Karnataka, India.
- I.M. Jamadar, S.A.I.Bellary, 2019, “A New Approach for Detection of Rotor Unbalance for Minimizing Premature Rolling Contact Bearing Failures”, 10th International Conference on Industrial Tribology, (IndiaTrib – 2019), December 1-4, 2019, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- I.M.Jamadar, S.R.Khade, A.A.Dhanawade, S.C.Tapase, N.L.Devane, M.B.Sutar, 2017 “Design Optimization of Disc Brake Using Thermo-Structural Coupled Finite Element Analysis”, International Conference onFrontiers in Engineering, Applied Sciences and Technology(FEAST), March 31- April 1, 2017, National Institute of Technology, Trichy, India.
- I.M.Jamadar, D.P.Vakharia, 2016, “Model Development For Investigation of Localized Defects In Taper Roller Bearings Using Matrix Method of Dimensional Analysis”, 12th International Conference on Vibration Problems (ICOVP), Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India, December 14-17, 2015.Published in Elsevier, J. Procedia Engineering, Vol. 144, pp. 751 – 758.
- I.M. Jamadar, J.S.Salunkhe, P.U.Bhadare, I.P.Pudale, S.A.Bolawade and N.D. Deshpande, “Damage Detection in Ball Bearings Using Vibration Signature Analysis”, 1st International Conference on Advances in Dynamics, Vibration and Control (ICADVC 2016), February 25-27, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, India Published Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi. Feb.2016, pp.174-179.
- I.M. Jamadar, R.M.Tayade, V.G.Patil, “Finite Element Analysis of Inclined Pressure Vessel Using Elastic Stress Method”, International Conference on Advanced Research in Mechanical Engineering (ICARME-2012), 13thMay, 2012, Trivendum, ISBN : 978-93-81693-59-91,pp.102-107.
- Filed Indian patent- Multi spindle drilling attachment with automatic and accurate design system. Status: Published.
- Granted Patent Certificate of Registration of Design for “Portable Meat Chopping Machine” [Design No. : 352741-001], From The Patent Office Government of India, Date of Issue : 07/03/2023.
- Dynamics of Machines
- Finite Element Method
- Theory of Machines
- Engineering Mechanics
- Research Methodology
- Strength of Materials
- Design of Machine Elements
- Finite Element Method
- Advanced Theory of Vibrations
- Research methodology