Dr.M S Ganesh Prasad
Vice Principal and Professor
Department of Civil Engineering
I am presently working as Professor of Civil Engineering in The National Institute of Engineering, Mysuru. I also worked as Estate Officer, QIP coordinator, Head, IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) at NIE and currently I am discharging my responsibilities as Dean (Academic Affairs) since March, 2020. I was also a coordinator from NIE for South East Asian Network for Disaster and Environmental engineering, in collaboration with universities in Germany, Bangladesh and Nepal.
My professional skills include use of total station instrument for all types of surveying, competency in Erdas Imagine, Arc view and other image processing and GIS software. As a consultant, I have conducted many survey works for roads, bridges, canals and tunnels. As resource person, I have delivered over 200 expert lectures and shared my experiences and expertise with students, faculty, officers, engineers, policy makers and administrators at various levels/institutes/organizations/training centres.
My research focuses on spatial data quality, uncertainty in remote sensing, image classification, surveying and GPS. I am Serving as reviewer for International Journals ( International Journal of Remote sensing Taylor & Francis, Journals of Optical Engineering, Electronic Imaging, Applied Remote Sensing). I am a life member of ISTE, Indian Society of Remote Sensing and Institution of Engineers. I was nominated as a member of Board of Studies, Bangalore University for the period 2011-14.
My strengths can be listed as, optimistic and always hardworking, eager to learn new things and the ability to work with teams with confidence and adaptability
- B.E., (Civil) (University of Mysore)
- M.E., (University of Roorkee)
- Ph.D (I.I.T., Roorkee
- Appreciation from Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, SPIE for Reviewer, 2015
- Hon. Member of Advisory Committee, International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering, ICACE-2016, Chittagong University, Bangladesh
- S. Ganesh Prasad, Rohit M.N. “Applicability of Geospatial Technology and A Measure of Information for Assessing the Suitability of Land Fill Sites : A Case Study of Mysore City,” International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Engineering Research , vol. 4, no.6, pp. 260–265 2016.
- M.S. Ganesh Prasad, " Multi-spectral synthetic image generation using linear mixture model," Journal of Computing Technologies, vol.4, no.6, 2015.
- M.S. Ganesh Prasad, "On the selection of a suitable fuzzy operator for information combination," International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering,. vol. 5, no.6, 2015.
- M.S. Ganesh Prasad, Manoj K.Arora, "Representing uncertainty in fuzzy land cover classification: A comparative assessment," Journal of Remote sensing Technology, vol.3, no.3, pp. 34-45, 2015.
- M.S. Ganesh Prasad, Manoj K.Arora, "Assessing the quality of fuzzy land cover classification by similarity and certainty measures," Journal of Geomatics, vol. 9, no.2, pp. 249-256, 2015.
- S. G. Prasad and M. K. Arora, “A simple measure of confidence for fuzzy land-cover classification from remote-sensing data,” Int. J. Remote Sens., vol. 35, no. 24, pp. 8122–8137, 2014.
- M.S. Ganesh Prasad, M. K.Arora, " Assessing uncertainty in fuzzy land cover classification by confusion index," International Journal of Geomatics and Geosciences, vol. 5, no.2, pp. 332-344, 2014.
- M.S. Ganesh Prasad, Sushma N., "Spatial Prediction of Rainfall using Universal Kriging Method: A Case Study of Mysuru District," National Conference on Geospatial Technology and its Application in Sustainable Development. Adithya Institute of Technology, Coimbtore, 2016.
- Rohit M.N., M.S. Ganesh Prasad, "Evaluating the sensitivity of environmental and socio economical parameters for the selection of land fill site: A case study in Mysore city," Proceedings of International Congress of Civil Engineers, Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore, 2015.
- M.S. Ganesh Prasad, M. K.Arora, "A Comparative Study of Two Measures of Thematic Uncertainty in Remote Sensing Image Classification," GEOS, Bangalore, 2012.
- M.S. Ganesh Prasad, M. K.Arora, "Confusion Index : A measure to assess the quality of thematic maps derived from remotely sensed images," Geomatics 2008, National Conference on Geomatics for Planet Earth, Bhopal, India, 2008.
- M.S. Ganesh Prasad, M.K.Arora, V.K. Sajith, "Modelling and visualizing uncertainty in digital thematic maps," in proceeding of SIPE Asia – Pacific Remote Sensing Symposium, Goa, India, 2006.
- M.S. Ganesh Prasad, M.K.Arora, "Uncertainty in spatial data: Key inputs to seismic hazard zonation," in proceeding of 13th Symposium on Earthquake Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India, ed: D.K. Paul and M.L.Sharma, pp. 88-97, 2006.
- Surveying (Basic and Advanced)
- Construction Surveying
- Remote sensing and GIS Applications in Water Resources
- Research Methodology