Dr.Naveen B O
Department of Civil Engineering
My area of interest is Structural health monitoring, Damage analysis, Computational mechanics, Finite element methods, Bridge engineering, Probability and Reliability analysis. After having 4 years of industry experience as Structural Design Engineer from 2010-2014, I completed Ph.D. from N.I.T.K. Surathkal form 2014 July – 2017 December. I am here in NIE since January 2018, serving as Assistant Professor in Department of Civil Engineering, Lab In-charge of PG Dynamics lab (2019 June – Till date). Actively involved in NBA and NAAC related works. I have given a couple of expert talks on technical aspects in other institutes and organizations and contributed as a conference reviewer & also an active Doctoral committee member. I have been guiding UG and PG students from the past 2018 – till date and I have been giving exposure to students to attend various renowned International conferences in NIT’S and IIT’S, please go through my complete profile for all details. For the benefit of students, I have been building websites for the subject I taught, which consists of lecture plans, lecture notes, presentations, Video lectures quizzes, question banks for UG and PG levels.
- Ph.D. at National Institute of Technology, Karnataka (NITK) Surathkal (2018)
- Master’s in Industrial Structures at SJCE, Mysore (2009)
- B.E. in Civil Engineering, B.I.E.T., Davangere. (2006)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering
- Officer In-Charge, PG Dynamics Laboratory
- Naveen, B.O. and Balu, A.S. (2019). “Structural damage identification of bridge using high dimensional model representation.” International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science & Mechanics,22(4):265 – 277.
- Naveen, B. O. and Balu, A.S. (2018): “HDMR Based Model Update in Structural Damage Identification”, International Journal of Computational Methods, 15(2), 1840004.
- D.T. Naveenkumar, Sangeetha D.M. and Naveen B.O. (2018): “Assessment of Higher Order Computational Model for Free Vibration Analysis of Functionally Graded Material Plates”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 120(6), 6679-6689.
- Akhilesh, H.B. and Naveen, B.O. (2020) "Dynamic Analysis of Vertical Irregular Tall Structural System." InIOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 1006, No. 1, p. 012021). IOP Publishing.
- Mahanthesh, K.M. and Naveen, B.O., (2020). "Dynamic Analysis of Multi-Layered Grid Space Structures." InIOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 1006, No. 1, p. 012024). IOP Publishing.
- T. Naveenkumar, Sangeetha D.M. and Naveen B.O. (2018).“Assessment of Higher Order Computational Model for Free Vibration Analysis of Functionally Graded Material Plates.” Two Day International Conference on Smart-city In India – Issues & Challenges, May 22nd and 23rd 2018, SVCE, Bangalore, India.
- Syeda A., Naveen B.O.,Sangmeshwar S. Sumanth and Harshith D. (2018). “Lateral Load Analysis of Vertical Discontinued Shear Wall Systems.” International Conference on Frontiers in Engineering, Applied Sciences and Technology, April 27-28, 2018, NIT Tiruchirappalli, India.
- Naveen, B.O. and Balu, A.S. (2017). “HDMR based finite element model update in structural damage identification.” International Conference on Theoretical, Applied, Computational and Experimental Mechanics, December 28-30, 2017, IIT Kharagpur, India.
- Naveen, B.O. and Balu, A.S. (2016). “HDMR based model updating in structural damage identification.” Proceedings of Sixth International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation, June 27 – July 1, 2016, IIT Bombay, India.
- Naveen, B.O. and Balu, A.S. (2016). “Structural damage identification by model updating using HDMR.” Structural Engineering Convention, December 21 – 23, CSIR-SERC, Chennai, India.
- Design of Storage Structures
- Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
- Safety of Structures
- Design and Detailing of Steel Structures
- Design of RC and Steel Structures (Evening College)
- Advance Design of Concrete Structure (Evening College)