Department of Physics
I, Dr. P. PARAMESWARA joined The National Institute of Engineering (NIE), Mysuru as an Assistant Professor in the year 2015. Prior to professional career at NIE, I have also served in various organizations and under diverse capacities, which includes Guest Faculty at Regional Institute of Education and Yuvaraja’s College, Mysuru, as Assistant Professor at Bharathi College Post Graduate Center in Mandya district.
I obtained my doctoral degree from University of Mysore, under the able supervision of Prof. R. Somashekar in Solid State Physics. I am a proud recipient of “Research Fellowship in Sciences to Meritorious Students (RFSMS)” by UGC, New Delhi, Govt. of India for a period of two years from 2010-2012. My primary research interest envisages structure-property relationship of polymers and their composite analogues. Which embraces novel synthesis, characterization and X-ray data modelling of diverse synthetic and natural polymers and their composites and/or nanocomposites. My research studies enables to call in the right polymer combinations for a specific target application, ranging from structural to bio-medical, photonic to opto-electronics and energy harvesting to energy storage.
My research findings have been continuously published with scientific publishers of imperative international repute. I have more than 25 research articles to my credit and I am also a recognized research supervisor under VTU and currently 02 students are working under my guidance.
In addition to teaching and research, I have also been entrusted with various administrative responsibilities, such as Editor, NIE-newsletter, member of Academic Council, member of Library committee and many more. Although, I am actively involved in research, nevertheless, my primary passion is and will always be TEACHING, as I truly believe that, a good teacher can re-shape the absolute dynamics of the nation, if required.
Besides, I am tech-savvy, with colossal passion on music and photography, going forward, I love to explore various technological tools towards the betterment of both curricular and co-curricular domains
- B.Sc. (Bangalore University)
- M.Sc. (Bangalore University)
- Ph.D. (University of Mysore)
- Jagadish R.S., Baldev Raj, Parameswara, P. and Somashekar, R. (2013): “Structure property relations in polyethylene oxide/starch blended films using WAXS techniques”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 127 (2) 1191-1197.
- Parameswara, P., Demappa, T., Mahadevaiah, Prakash, Y., Somashekarappa, H., Byrappa, K. and Somashekar R. (2012): “Polymeric degradation of water soluble chitosan/HPMC films using WAXS data”, Materials Research Innovations, 16(2), 126–129.
- Parameswara, P. and Somashekar, R. (2011): “Crystal Structure of Locally Available Tassar Fibers Based on [Ala-Gly]_n Amino Acid Sequence: Using X-Ray Data and LALS Method”, ISRN: Materials Science, 1–5.
- Lamani, R.A., Jayanna, H.S., Parameswara, P. and Somashekar, R. (2011): “Electrical conductivity and microcrystalline parameter in Co-Zn ferrites”, Materials Research Innovations, 15(3) , 185–189
- Usha Dharmaraj, Parameswara, P., Somashekar, R. and Malleshi, N.G. (2011): “Effect of processing on the microstructure of the finger millet by X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscopy”, Journal of Food Science and Technology, DOI: 10.1007/s13197-011-0536-4.
- Ashok, L.R., Jayanna, H.S., Parameswara, P., Somashekar, R., Ramachandra Rao, R. and Prasanna G.D. (2011): “Dielectric properties of polycrystalline Cu–Zn ferrites at microwave frequencies”, Journal of Alloys And Compounds, 509(18), 5692–5695.
- Indu Shekar, R., Damodhara Rao, P.M., Siddaramaiah, Satheesh Kumar, M.N., Kotresh, T.M., Somashekar, R. and Parameswara, P. (2011): “Microcrystalline and kinetic parameters of glass-PEEK hybrid composite”, J. Composite Materials, 45(5), 549–556.
- Jagadish, R.S., Baldev Raj, Parameshwara, P. and Somashekar, R. (2020): “Effect of glycerol on structure-property relations in chitosan/poly(ethylene oxide) blended films investigated using wide-angle X-ray diffraction”, Polymer International, 59(7), 931–936.
- Sangappa, Y., Asha, S., Ganesh, S., Subramanya, G., Parameswara, P. and Somashekar, R. (2010): “Microstructural parameters in 8 MeV electron-irradiated bombyx mori silk fibers by wide-angle x-ray scattering studies (WAXS)”, AIP Conf. Proc., 1202, 32–39.
- Siddaramaiah, Souza, Jr. F.G., Soares, B.G., Parameswara, P. and Somashekar, R. (2010): “Microstructural behaviors of polyaniline/CB Composites by SAXS”, Journal Of Applied Polymer Science, 116(2), 673–679.
- Sangappa, Y., Asha, S., Sanjeev, G., Subramanya, G., Parameswara, P. and Somashekar, R. (2010): “Microstructural parameters in electron-irradiated C108 silk fibers by wide-angle X-ray scattering studies”, Journal Of Applied Polymer Science, 115, 2183–2188.
- Ashok, R.L., Jayanna, H.S., Parameswara, P. and Somashekar, R. (2009): “Microcrystalline parameters of Cu-Zn ferrites using X-ray line profile analysis”, Ind. J. Pure and Appl. Phys., 47, 715–718.
- Sangappaa, Asha, S., Demappa T., Sanjeev, G., Parameswara, P. and Somashekar, R. (2009): “Spectroscopic and thermal studies of 8 MeV electron beam irradiated HPMC films”,
- Nuclear Instruments And Methods In Physics Research Section B:, 267(14), 2385–2389.
- Samir, O. M, Manjunatha, A, Parameswara, P, Somashekarappa, H and Somashekar, R. (2008): “Micro-Structural Parameters of Polymer Materials Using WAXS Data: Bimodals Crystal Size Distribution”, Journal Of Polymer Materials, Eds. Prof Sukumar Maiti, MD Publications PVT ltd, 25(4), 529–540.
- Parameswara, P., Demappa, T., Guru Row, T.N. and Somashekar, R. (2008): “Microstructural parameters of hydroxypropyl-methylcellulose films using X-ray data”, Irananian Polymer Journal, 17(11), 821–829.
- Chandra, Gayathri, B. H., Parameswara, P. (2020): “Synthesis, characterization and molecular modeling studies of (E)-3-tert-butyl-7-styryl-4H-[1,3,4]thiadiazolo[2,3-c][1,2,4]triazin-4-one derivative as potential human Aurora A kinase inhibitor” at the Second International Conference on Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at JSS Science and Technology University, Mysuru, during January 16-18th.
- Chandra, Parameswara, P., Nasseem El-Khatatneh, Mahendra, M. (2016): “Crystal structure and molecular docking studies of 3-(bis(2-hydroxy-4, 4-dimethyl-6-oxocyclohexyl)methyl) benzonitrile” at the Second International Conference on Material Science and technology (ICMST), held at St. Thomas College Pala, Kerala, during June 05-08th.
- Engineering Physics Theory
- Engineering Physics Lab