Dr. Pradeepa H
Associate Professor & HoD
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
I am working in NIE from 2004 to till date. My research interest is in the area of power system which includes distribution system, renewable energy and smart grid. Currently working on a project titled “Digital Protection Algorithms for Renewable Integrated Grid”, Sponsored by VGST, and Govt. of Karnataka”. At present guiding 2 full time PhD scholars (AICTE – NDF Scheme) in the area of Energy Management System. I have guided many UG and PG Projects. . I was a member of various committees at both department and institute level. I frequently organize course related workshops that are ‘hands on’ and relevant to industries. Currently working as Associate Professor and HoD of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department. I am also a part of TEQIP-III implementation team as Nodal Officer (Procurement).
- B E (Bangalore University)
- M. Tech (National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal)
- Ph. D (VTU, Belagavi)
- Digital Protection Algorithms for Renewable Integrated Grid, VGST-KFIST (L1), Government of Karnataka, Rs. 20 Lakhs, 2018 - 2020
- Best Project Guide (B.E. Programme) for the year 2017-18 for guiding project entitled “Fabrication of Portable Solar Water Purifier”.
- Best Paper Presenter for the paper, “Performance Analysis of Five-level Inverter for Hybrid Distribution Generation System” presented at IEEE sponsored Third International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computers and Optimization Techniques held at GSSS Institute of Engineering & Technology for Women, Mysuru, during 14-15 December 2018.
- VTU First Rank and gold medallist in M.Tech Degree (under VTU) in the year 2012.
- Madhusudhan, M., N. Kumar, and H. Pradeepa. "Optimal location and capacity of DG systems in distribution network using genetic algorithm."International Journal of Information Technology 13.1 (2021): pp 155-162.
- Venkatesh, A., Pradeepa H., Chidanandappa R., Shankar Nalinakshan., and Jayasankar V.N, S. “Brushless Motor Performance Optimization by Eagle Strategy with Firefly and PSO” International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology:2106.11135(2020), pp146- 153
- Venkatesh, A., Shankar Nalinakshan., Kiran S.S., and Pradeepa H. "Energy transmission control for a Grid-connected modern power system Non-Linear loads with a Series Multi-Stage Transformer Voltage Reinjection with controlled converters."(2020); pp 97 – 101.
- Bilgundi, Srishail K., M. Shivu, H. Pradeepa, and MV Likith Kumar. "Analysis of the Transient Stability of a Multi-machine System with SVC." InElectronic Systems and Intelligent Computing,Springer, Singapore, (2020), pp. 1003-1016.
- Vinay, M. S., N. Moha, and H. Pradeepa. "Iot Based Smart Energy Metering and Billing System." Solid State Technology" 63.6 (2020): pp 2825-2837.
- Keshav, Abhinandan, N. Mohan, and H. Pradeepa. "Analysis Of Harmonics Injected in The Power Grid Due to Ev Battery Charging." Solid State Technology (2020): pp 7466-7477.
- V.Likith Kumar, Srishail K Bilgundi, H. Pradeepa, “Optimal Allocation of DG Units in Distribution System considering Variation in Active Power Load, Archives of Electrical Engineering”, The Journal of Polish Academy of Sciences, Vol. 68 (268) - 2 /2019
- Pradeepa, Kishorini M C, “Optimal Siting and Sizing of DG Units in Distribution System to Minimize Active Power Loss Using Bat – Inspired Algorithm”, International Journal of Electronics, Electrical and Computational System, Vol 6, Issue 12,pp. 1-8, 2017
- Pradeepa, T. Ananthapadmanabha, Nagling G, “Fuzzy Multi-Agent Based Distributed Control Scheme for Voltage Regulation in Smart Grids”, Asian Journal of Engineering and Technology Innovation, Vol 1, Issue 3,pp. 1-6, 2016
- Pradeepa, Dr. T. Ananthapadmanabha, Sandhya, Bandhavya, “Optimal Allocation of Combined DG and Capacitor Units for Voltage Stability Enhancement”, International Journal of Procedia Technology,21,pp. 216-223, 2015
- T. Ananthapadmanabha, H. Pradeepa, et.al. “Optimal DG Placement using Multiobjective Index and Its effect on Stability and Field Relay”, International Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology , Vol 4, Issue 2,pp.202-218, 2013
- T. Ananthapadmanabha, Dr. A.D.Kulkarni, H. Pradeepa, et.al. “Rotor Angle Stability Analysis of a Distributed Generator connected to a Distribution Network”, Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Research, Vol 2,Issue 5,pp. 107-113, 2010
- R, T. Ananthapadmanabha,H. Pradeepa, Ozwin Dominic Souza(2010)” Bandgap Reference Generator for Converter Applications” International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp130-134.
- T. Ananthapadmanabha, H Pradeepa, Chidanandappa. R, AD Kulkarni,(2011)“Voltage stability constrained Available Transfer Capability calculations using MATLAB” International Journal of analysis and computation Vol.No.1, pp27-37.
- Srishail K Bilgundi, Shivu M, H Pradeepa, Likith Kumar M. V, “Analysis of the Transient Stability of System with SVC”, 1st International Conference on Electronic Systems and Intelligent Computing, March 2020, NIT Arunachal Pradesh.
- Madhusudhan M, N. Kumar, Pradeepa, “Optimal location and Capacity of DG Systems in Distribution Network Using Genetic Algorithm, International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer Technologies and Optimization Techniques, December 2019, GSSIETW, Mysore
- Ananthapadmanabha, H. Pradeepa, Chidanandappa R, A.D. Kulkarni “Performance Analysis of grid connected hybrid Wind/Diesel /Micro turbine generation System” proceedings of International Conference on Power and Energy Systems, April 2012, Hong Kong. Lecture Notes in Information Technology, Vol.13, page 23-28 during 2012
- T.Ananthapadmanabha,Chidanandappa,R,H.Pradeepa, ,A.D.Kulkarni “Optimal placement of Distributed Generator and Service restoration in Distribution System”, in proceedings of International Conference on Power and Energy Systems, April 2012, Hong Kong, published in Lecture Notes, Information Technology, Vol.13, page 29-35,2012.
- H Pradeepa, T. Ananthapadmanabha, Chidanandappa.R,“Performance evaluations of Distributed Generators in Distribution system” proceedings of 26th Indian Engineering Congress IEC Bangalore, during 15th -18th Dec 2011.
- Ananthapadmanabha,H Pradeepa, Chidanandappa.R, “Substation Expansion –planning of Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL) Mysore zone - A Case study” proceedings of 26th Indian Engineering Congress IEC Bangalore during 15th -18th Dec , 2011
- Ananthapadmanabha, Dr.A.D. Kulkarni,R.Chidanandappa,H Pradeepa ,Vishwanath G, Er.A.S Satish“Service Restoration in Distribution system through Reconfiguration using Data mining technique” Proceedings of 26th Indian Engineering Congress IEC Bangalore,page 77 during 15th-18th Dec 2011.
- Power System Analysis and Stability
- Power System Operation and Control
- Control Systems
- Electric Circuits
- Design of Control System
- Advanced Power System Analysis and Stability
- Economic Operation and Control of Power System
- Dynamics of Linear System
- Smart Grid-Technology and Application