Dr.Prakash K R
Department of Mechanical Engineering
My primary research interest is new material, automation and control .Over 25 years of experience out of which 10 years in industries and remaining in academia as a result of industry exposure in projects management Visvesvaraya Technological University shortlisted my name for an automation training in germany in the year 2004 and later worked as Special officer for university (VTU) during 2006-2011 to develop a centre of excellence in automation technology with the collaboration of Bosch Rexroth, this assignment has given me a lot of strength to solve technical problems in the field of automation as result got an opportunity to become resource person for many FPD & Corporate Programs which includes faculties from different state & industry employees .Apart from this provided many expert sessions to NITs & IITs. Presently working as professor in NIE with additional responsibilities such as Program Coordinator for Industrial automation and robotics & dean Industrial Relations. also responsible for executions of centre for robotics and controls under KCTU Govt of Karnataka and centre for Automation Technology- Department of Science & Technology to support research scholars in the area of sensor materials, material coating, automation, robotics and IoT. During the period from 2006 to till date conducted trainings to more than 3500 students across vtu colleges and trained more than 600 faculties from different states and 500 corporate employees for my contribution to this field VTU has honoured in the year-2019 & in 2020 acquired first patent on VR For Remote laboratory and in 2021 received distinguished professor award
- BE (Mechanical Engineering), 1990, Bangalore University
- M’Tech (Maintenance Engineering) 1993, SJCE-Mysuru
- PhD (Mechanical Engineering), 2011, Visvesvaraya Technological University Courses
- DST-FIST Centre for Automation Technology 97 Lakhs (Duration 2014-2019)
- 2.Centre For Robotics and controls -50 Lakhs (Duration 2014-2019)
- New Age Incubation (NAIN) –Projects -2 Lakhs 2017 -2020
- ARTPARK IISC Student Innovation Project(As Mentor) -Rs 1.8 Lakhs -Year 2021
- INDO PACIFIC DISTINGUISHED PROFESSOR AWARD In recognition of consistence superior performance in AUTOMATION& ROBOTICS -Year 2021
- VTU honoured in 2019 for the services provided to the University as Special officer
- Bosch Rexroth Germany Awarded The Train The Trainer Certificate for Fluid Power system
- M. Girish, K. R. Prakash, B. M. Satish, Pradeep Jain,(2011) K. Bavya Devi “Need for optimization of graphite particle reinforcement in ZA-27 alloy”,Materials Science and Engineering A,Volume 530,Issue-1,Page-382–388.
- M. Girish, K.R. Prakash, B.M. Satish , P.K. Jain(2011)“An investigation into the effects of graphite particles on the damping behavior of ZA-27 alloy composite material composites for tribological applications”, Materials and Design, Volume 32,Issue- 1,Page1050–1056.
- V and K.R.Prakash (2017)“Wi-Fi Controlled Automatic Food Maker” published in IEEE,Volume-978-1-5386-236 IEEE, Issue 1,page704-708.
- Ravi Kumar and K.R.Peakash(2018)“Mathematical Modeling Of Unsaturated Isophthalic Resin’s Curing Cycle” International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, Vol. 8, Issue 2, page 805-810.
- Kaushik ,C,N and K.R.Prakash(2015)“Design and Development of Automation System for Polyurethane Foaming Machine”, International Journal of Research Studies in Science, Engineering and Technology Volume 2, Issue 6, PP 33-41.
- Ramya M V, Dr. G. K. Purushothama and Dr. K R Prakash(2017)“PLCs based Remote Laboratory Platform for Learning Electrical Drive Control Applications”, International Conference on Signal, Image Processing Communication and Automation,Issue-1page-74- 76, 2017
- V, PRAKASH.K.R& NITHIN.K.S.(2020)“Strain Sensing and Characterization of CNFs Wrapped with polyaniline/Polypyrrole based polymer composites”, International Journal of Mechanical and Production engineering Research and Development , Vol10,Issue-2,page-1267-1274.
- Ramya M V, G K Purushothama and K R Prakash, “Design and Implementation of IoT Based Remote Laboratory for Sensor Experiments”, International Journal Of Interactive Mobile Technologies, 14, No. 09, pp. 227-238, 2020 (https://doi.org/10.3991/ijim.v14i09.13991). (SCI and Scopus Indexed).Ramya M V, G K Purushothama and K R Prakash, “M- Learning based Remote Laboratory for Electronics Experiments”, International Journal of Online and Biomedical Engineering, 16, No. 11, pp. 4-15, 2020 (https://doi.org/10.3991/ijoe.v16i11.16177). (SCI and Scopus Indexed)
- Ramya M V, G K Purushothama and K R Prakash, “An approach to convert conventional laboratories into an IoT enabled Laboratories”, International Journal of Web-Based Learning and Teaching Technologies, 16, Issue No. 5, Article 6, 2021 . (SCI and ScopusIndexed).
- Srinidhi Kulkarni, Prakash.K.R."Design and Development o Uiversal Adapter Plate for KUKA KR C4 Industrial Robot,International Journal of Research in Engineering , Scienec and Mangement,Volume -3 Issue-6,June-2020
- Prakash K R, Pratiksha Narake and Ramya.M. V Guruprasad.V Implementation of industrial IoT laboratory for sensors " Recent Advances in Manufacturing, Automation, Design and Energy Technologies pp 425-434 Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering DOI: 10.1007/978-981-16-4222-7_50
- Basavanna M, Dr. M. Shivakumar, Dr.Prakash.K.R " Navigation of Mobile Robot through mapping using orbbec astra camera and ROS in an Indoor environment" " Recent Advances in Manufacturing, Automation, Design and Energy Technologies pp 425-434 Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering DOI: 10.1007/978-981-16-4222-7_53
- Dr Prakash K R, Guruprasad V and Dr Nithin K S "Smart dispensing of ingredients using VL53LOX & Piezoelectric Polymer sensor" Recent Advances in Manufacturing, Automation, Design and Energy Technologies Recent Advances in Manufacturing, Automation, Design and Energy Technologies pp 425-434 Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering DOI: 10.1007/978-981-16-4222-7_49
- Kiran, K. R. Prakash, Poorna Chandra , V. Ravi Kumar, P. B. Asha, C. R. Prakash Rao"Experimental Study on Polymer Nan composites Based Strain Sensors for Structural Health Monitoring", Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization and Engineering, 2021, 9, 512-527
- V,J.B.Simha,K.R.Prakah and Praveen.M.P(2019)“New Frame Work for Robot Assisted Minimum Invasive Surgery”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology,Volume-29,No3,page-476-482,2019
- Amriya Tasneem H. R. Dr. K. R. Prakash and S.N. Ravi Shankar (2012)“Introduction of PLC-Based Remote Laboratory for Modular Mechatronics System” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering ,Volume 2,Issue-7,page328-333, 2012
- Harsha B V & K R Prakash(2013) “Control of Seam Welding for an Axle Housing Using Programmable Logic Controller” International Journal on Mechanical Engineering and Robotics, Issue-2, Volume-1,page-1-7.
- Sandeep S & K. R. Prakash (2013)“Automation of Loading and Unloading to CNC Turning Center”, International Journal on Mechanical Engineering and Robotics, Vol. 1, Issue 2,Page-8-12.
- Vinush.G, M.V.Achutha and K.R.Prakash(2015) “Dry Sliding Wear Behaviour of Nickel Aluminide coated on Zinc Aluminium alloy Metal Matrix Composite for Anti friction Applications”, International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, Issue 03, Volume 05 page-1836-1840
- K.R,Ramya and Vinutha(2015)“Mobile Robotics Software Reviews”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Advanced Engineering Issue 5, Volume 2 page 78-84.
- R. Prakash, Ravikumar Beeranur and Pradeep Kumar (2017)“Development of Etch Surface on Eus Needle”, International Journal of Research,Issue 08,Volume 04, 786-791, 2017
- Sudhanva S,Dr K R Prakash and Balaji Sunil Kumar(2017)“Implementation of drive kinematics for a self-driving Car”, International Journal of Engineering Development and Research, Issue 02, Volume 05,page-1444-1456, 2017
- Rakshitha.M.J, Mr.Madan G, Dr.K.R.Prakash,and Mr.Shivraj.C.S(2019) “Design and Development Automated Food Maker”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Issue-6, Volume-6,page-599-603
- Mallaradhya H M, K R Prakash(2013) “Automatic Liquid Filling to Bottles of Different Height Using Programmable Logic Controller”, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering, Issue-4,Volume-1,Page-9-11
- Ramana Srinivas, Dr. K.R Prakash (2019)“Design & Development of a Prototype of an Agri-bot for Multiple Farming Applications & n,p, k Sensing (Nitrate, Phosphorus, Potassium) ”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Issue-10, Volume-7,page-1-6.
- T.S, Shyamprasad and Prakash.K.R(2019)“Design and Development of Automated & Programmable Testing Rig for Sensor Characterization”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Volume 7, Issue 10, page-1-5, 2019
- Harshitha,Dr.K.R.Prakash“Implementation of Lane Centering Algorithm using Model Predictive Controller”International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Volume 7, Issue 10, page-1-5,2019
- Poornachandra Tejasvi T M, K R Prakash(2019)“Automation of NetAct Integration Process using Robot Framework”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Volume 7, Issue 10,page-1-4,2019
- Mahesh baradabadi, Dr.K.R.Prakash A Method of Producing Patterned Quartz Slabs International Journal of Research in Engineering,Science and Management Volume-3 Issue-5May-2020
- Pratiksha Narake Development of Humanoid Robot for Indoor Applications International Journal of Scientific Research in Mechanical and MaterialEngineering Volume-4, Issue-7 Dec-2020
- Arpitha Shankar S I, M. Shivakumar, K.R Prakash "A Survey on Frontier based Strategies for Multi Robot Exploration"INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY (IRJET) VOLUME: 07, SPECIAL ISSUE,Page 532-538, June- 2020
- Arpitha Shankar S I, M. Shivakumar, K.R Prakash " Implementation of ICP Slam Algorithm on Fire Bird V for Mapping of an Indoor Environment Atlantis Highlights in Intelligent Systems", volume 2,Page-647-651- Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Integrated Intelligent Computing Communication & Security (ICIIC 2021)
- K.S, Prakash.K.R. "Polymer-based electro-active smart composites as stretchable strain sensors" https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-818484-4.00014-8 Book Polymer-Based Advanced Functional Composites for Optoelectronic and Energy Applications, 2021, Pages 291-320
- METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR PERFORMING EXPERIMENTS IN A REMOTE LABORATORY. Patent Number- 365876. Application number-201941041529. Mainly on Method of Connecting devices using AR/VR for remote laboratories
- 6018/CHE/2014-[Our Ref: IP-2047-IN-14150274-NPA-2015]-A SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR COOKING USING A PROGRAMMABLE COOKING DEVICE. Published and awaiting Patent Award. This device is on Automatic cooking from a remote location using recipes selection
- Sensors and its application in manufacturing
- Modelling,Simulation and Analysis of Manufacturing systems Dynamics of Machinery
- Theory of Machines Control Engineering Hydraulic and Pnuematics Mechatronics
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing
- Industrial Automation and Robotics
- Drives and Controls for Automation