Dr. Sachin B
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Teaching is my passion. I believe that a good teacher can change the world. Quality education to the students is very much essential to improve technical knowledge. I started my career in 2013 as Assistant Professor, in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, and now continuing in NIE, Mysuru. Having working experience in academic institutions during which have developed expertise in research and education administration and has also contributed in terms of developmental activities in these fields. UG and PG students have completed their dissertation under my supervision in the areas of Manufacturing, Product development, Machining, surface Engineering, etc, and produced research articles in reputed International/National Journals, and Conference Proceedings. I have received the fellowship from the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) at NITK, Surathkal during 2016-2019 and I am also an Associate Member of the Institute of Engineers, India.I have been continuously involved in research and my areas of interest are Slide Burnishing, Sustainable Manufacturing, Cryogenics, Laser Dressing, Surface Texturing, Surface Integrity, Sustainable Product Design, Machining, etc. During my Doctoral research program, a dissertation was carried out in the area of Slide Burnishing under sustainable cooling environments. The active involvement in research led to the publications in reputed International/National Journals, Book Chapters, and Conference proceedings. In continuation with my research, I am currently involved in improving the aspects of sustainability and surface integrity of the components used in Aerospace, Biomedical, Naval, and Military applications. Currently, I am an active reviewer in the Journal of Cleaner Production, Materials, and Design, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Silicon, Surface Topography: Metrology and Properties, etc.
- B.E (VTU, Belagavi)
- M. Tech (VTU, Belagavi)
- Ph.D. (NITK, Surathkal)
- Rao, C. M., Sachin, B., Rao, S. S., & Herbert, M. A. (2021). Minimum Quantity Lubrication through the micro-hole textured PCD and PCBN inserts in the machining of the Ti–6Al–4V alloy. Tribology International, 153, 106619. (Elsevier, SCI, IF-4.271)
- Sachin, B., Narendranath, S., & Chakradhar, D. (2019). Effect of working parameters on the surface integrity in cryogenic diamond burnishing of 17-4 PH stainless steel with a novel diamond burnishing tool. Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 38, 564-571. (Elsevier, SCIE, IF-4.086)
- Sachin, B., Narendranath, S., & Chakradhar, D. (2019). Sustainable diamond burnishing of 17-4 PH stainless steel for enhanced surface integrity and product performance by using a novel modified tool. Materials Research Express, 6(4), 046501. (IOP, SCIE, IF-1.929).
- Sachin, B., Narendranath, S., & Chakradhar, D. (2018). Experimental evaluation of diamond burnishing for sustainable manufacturing. Materials Research Express, 5(10), 106514. (IOP, SCIE, IF-1.929).
- Sachin, B., Narendranath, S., & Chakradhar, D. (2019). Selection of optimal process parameters in sustainable diamond burnishing of 17-4 PH stainless steel. Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, 41(5), 219. (Springer, SCIE, IF-1.755).
- Sachin, B., Narendranath, S., & Chakradhar, D. (2019). Enhancement of surface integrity by cryogenic diamond burnishing toward the improved functional performance of the components. Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, 41(10), 396. (Springer, SCIE, IF-1.755).
- Sachin, B., Narendranath, S., & Chakradhar, D. (2020). Application of Desirability Approach to Optimize the Control Factors in Cryogenic Diamond Burnishing. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 45(2), 1305-1317. (Springer, SCIE, IF-1.711).
- Praveena B, Balachandra P, Sachin B, Shiv Pratap, Avinash L. (2020). Physical and mechanical properties, morphological behaviour of pineapple leaf fibre reinforced polyester resin composites. Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies, 1-13. (Taylor & Francis, Scopus).
- Sachin, B., Charitha M Rao, Gajanan M Naik, Puneet NP. (2021). Influence of slide burnishing process on the surface characteristics of precipitation hardenable steel, SN Applied Sciences (Springer, Scopus).
- Naik, G. M., Abhinaba, R., Sachin, B., Narendranath, S. (2018). ANOM Optimization Studies on Wire Electric Discharge Turning Using Taguchi Experimental Design. Journal of Material Sciences.
- , Sachin, B., V. R. Kabadi. (2016). Investigation on the Effect of FGM Alloy on Cylinder Liner using Centrifugal Casting Technique. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, 5(7).
- Sachin, B., Narendranath, S., & Chakradhar, D. (2018). Effect of cryogenic diamond burnishing on residual stress and microhardness of 17-4 PH stainless steel. Materials Today: Proceedings, 5(9), 18393-18399. (Elsevier, Scopus).
- Sachin, B., Narendranath, S., & Chakradhar, D. (2019). Analysis of surface hardness and surface roughness in diamond burnishing of 17-4 PH stainless steel. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 577, No. 1, p. 012075). (IOP, Scopus).
- Vishwas, C. J., Gajanan, M. N., Sachin, B., Abhinaba, R., Puneet, N. P., Anjan, B. N., & Vinayak, N. K. (2019). Study on Surface Roughness in Minimum Quantity Lubrication Turning of Al-6082/SiC Metal Matrix Composites. In Applied Mechanics and Materials (Vol. 895, pp. 127-133). Trans Tech Publications Ltd. (Scopus).
- Shyale, P., Shetty, M. H. N., Narayanappa, R. B., Sachin, B., &Subbanna, K. A. (2019). Study on extraction of excess heat from the fins of an engine cylinder to produce electricity using smart material. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 2080, No. 1, p. 020010). (AIP, Scopus).
- Vishwas, C. J., Girish, L. V., Naik, G. M., Sachin, B., Roy, A., Prashanth, B. Y., &Badiger, R. (2018). Effect of Machining Parameters on Surface integrity during Dry Turning of AISI 410 martensitic stainless steel. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 376, No. 1, p. 012127). (IOP, Scopus).
- Naik, G. M., Sachin, B., Badiger, R. I., &Hebbale, A. M. (2020). Microstructure and mechanical properties of TiO2 reinforced ZA22 metal matrix composite. Materials Today: Proceedings. (Elsevier, Scopus).
- K Raghavendra Pai, Ajit M Hebbale, JS Vishwanatha, Sachin B. (2020). Study of tribological properties on aluminium based hybrid composite developed through microwave energy. Materials Today: Proceedings. (Elsevier, Scopus).
- Durga Prasad, Sachin B. (2021). Characterization and Sliding Wear Behavior of CoMoCrSi+Flyash Composite Cladding Processed by Microwave irradiation. Materials Today: Proceedings. (Elsevier, Scopus).
- Naik, G. M., Sachin, B., Mallaiah, M., Badiger, R. I., &Sannayellappa, N. (2020). Effect of ECAE Die Angle on Microstructure Mechanical Properties and Corrosion Behavior of AZ80/91 Magnesium Alloys. In Magnesium Alloys. IntechOpen.
- Sachin B, Charitha M Rao, Gajanan M Naik, Durga Prasad C, Ajit M Hebbale, Vijeesh V, Muralidhara Rao. “Minimum Quantity Lubrication for Burnishing of Difficult to Cut Material as a Sustainable Alternative”, Sustainable Machining Strategies for Better Performance (SMSBP 2020), Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering (Springer, Scopus).
- Sachin, B., S. Narendranath., and D. Chakradhar. Optimization of cryogenic diamond burnishing process parameters on 17-4 PH stainless steel using Taguchi method. International conference on contemporary design and analysis of manufacturing and industrial engineering systems, 18-20th January 2018, National Institute of Technology, Trichy. (Received Best paper award).
- B., Charitha. M. Rao. A Study on Surface Engineering – Laser Cladding. National Welding Seminar, KTPO, Bangalore, 9th February 2013.
- B., Charitha. M. Rao. A Study on Recent Trends: Additive Manufacturing. National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, K S School of Engineering and Management, Bangalore, 12th November 2013.
- B., Venkatesh. M. K., M. Chellamalai., Ugrasen. G., P. V. Shashi Kumar. Studies on Laser Dressed Super Abrasive Grinding Wheels. International Conference on Convergence of Science, Engineering and Management in Education and Research, Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore, 27th September 2013.
- B., Venkatesh. M. K., M. Chellamalai., Ugrasen. G., P. V. Shashi Kumar. Optimization and Prediction of Laser Dressed Super Abrasive Grinding Wheels. National Level Technical Symposium Pratibimb, The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore, 31st October 2013.
- M., Deepak. B., Gajanan. M. Naik., Sachin. B., Ravindra. I. B., Ajith. M. H. Effect of TiO2 on microstructure and mechanical properties of Zn-22Al-2.5Cu alloy based composite, iCold, Alvas Institute of Engineering and Technology, Moodbidri, Mangalore November 27-29, 2019.
- B., Ugrasen. G. A Study on Wire Breakage in Wire EDM. Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology, Jyothy Institute of Technology, Bangalore, 9th March 2012.
- Aditya Arjun, Akshath T Pai, Bhavish Shetty, Sachin B, Ramesh Babu N, Gajanan M Naik, Charitha M Rao, Kiran S Aithal, Manjunath HN. “Impact Analysis of Knee Damper Assistant System with Fall Detection”, International Conference on Emerging trends in Science and Engineering 2020, Shri Madhwa Vadiraja Institute of Technology and Management, Udupi, 10th and 11th July 2020.
- Engineering Materials and Metallurgy
- Nano and Smart Materials
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Manufacturing Processes
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Non-Traditional Machining
- Advanced Metal Forming
- Foundry Technology