Dr. SURESH KUMAR S
Assistant Professor (FTC)
Department of Mechanical Engineering
I am an Enthusiastic, passionate, and experienced teacher having 18 years of teaching experience. Completed Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering Sciences from Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) Belagavi titled “Study the Effect of Shot Peening on Fatigue and Fracture Characteristics of Aluminium Based Metal Matrix Composites. My research interests are surface treatment process, Compressive residual stresses, and metal matrix composites.
I worked as an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, ATME College of Engineering Mysore, for a period of 10 Years. Served as Asst.Professor in Maharaja Institute of Technology Mysore for a period of 3. 5Years. Worked as lecturer in M.S. Engineering College, Bangalore for a period of 1.5Year. Worked as a junior training officer in government I.T.I, Mysore-8 for a period of 2 years and 7 months. I have organized FDP and State level intercollegiate Student project Exhibition.I was involved in various events like international conferences, criteria 2 in NAAC, and criteria 5 in NBA accreditation work.
- B.E in Mechanical Engineering (VTU,Belagavi)
- M.E in Machine Design (Bangalore University)
- Ph.D (VTU, Belagavi)
- PG Diploma in Yoga(KSU-Bangalore).
- Assistant Professor
- Suresh Kumar , G. Mallesh (2022):Influence of controlled shot peening on Mechanical properties and Compressive residual stress of Al6061-TiB2 Composite” published in Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Springer.
- Suresh Kumar. S , Rathan Kumar K(2022):Enhancing Surface Layer Properties of Al6061-B4C Composite by Controlled Shot Peening”published in IJSRSET ISSN: 2395-1990.
- Suresh Kumar. S, Dr. G. Mallesh(2020):Design and Development of Air Blast Shot Peening Machine to Study the Effect of Shot Peening Process on Microstructure and Residual Stress in Al-2024 Aluminum Alloy,IRJET, ISSN: 2395-0056.
- G. Mallesh , Suresh kumar.S (2017):Effect of shot peening on mechanical and wear properties of AISI1018 and AISI 304 steel by using wheel blast shot peening machine” inIJESMR, ISSN 2349-6193.
- Suresh Kumar.S (2017):Computer Numerically controlled Multi operational Machine” in IJRAME,ISSN 2321-3051
- Rakshith N, Manjunatha H S , Suresh Kumar S(2015):FE-Investigation of Semi Circular Curved Beam Subjected to Out-Of-Plane Load” in International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology (IJRET), p-ISSN; 2321-7308, e-ISSN: 2319-1163, Vol 4, Issue 8, August 2015 with impact factor:2.375
- International Conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering-IJSRSET-2022.
- International Conference on Recent Trends in Science and Technology – ICRTST 2021
- International Conference on Recent Trends in Science & Technology-2020 (ICRTST - June 2020)
- Emerging trends in Mechanical Engineering (2017)
- International conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering (2017)
- International conference on Advances in Mechanical science(2016)
- Mechanics of Materials
- Kinematics of Machines
- Dynamics of Machines
- Finite Element analysis
- Design of machine elements I & II,
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Experimental stress analysis
- Automotive engineering
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing