Department of Mechanical Engineering
My primary objective is to share my knowledge in the simplest way with the learners, especially mechanical engineering students, so that students will acquire the ability to design the systems which fulfil the need of our environment and society. I have taught design courses for both under graduation and post graduation students with total teaching experience of 10 years. My research interests are in the field of composite materials, modeling and analysis of mechanical systems; and vibration studies in mechanical structures. However, I am also interested in thermal analysis in various mechanical applications.
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering (VTU, Belagavi)
- M.Tech. in Maintenance Engineering (VTU, Belagavi)
- Ph.D – Specialization: Tribology of Composites Research Centre/University Name: SJCE, Mysuru / VTU Year of Graduation : 2021
- B. Harshavardhan, R. Ravishankar, B. Suresha, and S. Srinivas, “Static and Dynamic Mechanical Performance of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polyethersulfone Composites,” Appl. Mech. Mater., vol. 895, pp. 265–271, Nov. 2019, doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.895.265.
- B. Suresha, B. Harshavardhan, A. M. Rao, U. R. Koushik, and R. Hemanth, “Role of nano-fillers on tribological behaviour of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene composites,” Mater. Today Proc., p. S2214785319333322, Oct. 2019, doi: 10.1016/j.matpr.2019.09.089.
- B. Suresha, B. Harshavardhan, and R. Ravishankar, “Tribo-performance of epoxy hybrid composites reinforced with carbon fibers and potassium titanate whiskers,” presented at the Advances In Mechanical Design, Materials And Manufacture: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Design, Materials and Manufacture (ICDEM 2018), Karnataka, India, 2018, p. 020069, doi: 10.1063/1.5029645.
- B. Suresha, B. Harshavardhan, A. M. Rao, U. R. Koushik, and R. Hemanth (2019): Nano-fillers on Tribological Behaviour of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Composites, International conference on “Materials and Manufacturing Methods (MMM'19)” organized by NIT, Trichy during 05-07, July 2019.
- B. Harshavardhan, R. Ravishankar, B. Suresha, and S. Srinivas (2018): Static and dynamic mechanical performance of carbon fiber reinforced polyethersulfone composites, International conference on “Green Trends in Mechanical Engineering Sciences (GTMES-2018)”, MCE, Hassan, 03-05, Oct 2018
- B. Suresha, B. Harshavardhan, and R. Ravishankar (2018): Tribo-performance of epoxy hybrid composites reinforced with carbon fibers and potassium titanate whiskers, International Conference on “Design, Materials & Manufacture 2018”, Jan 29-31 2018.
- Kinematics of Machinery
- Dynamics of Machinery
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing
- Design of Machine Elements-I and II
- Mechanics of Materials
- Optimum Design of Mechanical Elements
- Advanced Theory of Vibrations
- Tribology and Bearing Design