Department of Mechanical Engineering
My research interests are in the area of thin film coatings, Synthesis & Characterization of Nanomaterials. I have been teaching subjects like Synthesis and Characterization of Nanomaterials, Advanced Material Science, Nanotechnology for Energy and Environment, Nanosensors and Devices, Composite Materials and Applications, Introduction to Nanotechnology and Advanced Nano-Science and Technology for both Post graduate and under graduate students.
I am a gold medallist and University 1st Rank holder in M.Tech Nano-Technology and a recipient of Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund - Merit Award, New Delhi. I have almost 10 years of teaching experience and seven years of research experience at various labs like National Aerospace Laboratories (CSIR – NAL), Bangalore and Centre for Nanotechnology, NIE, Mysuru. Presently I am working on Nano-Structured Thermal Barrier Coatings for Turbine Blades by PVD methods.
- M.Sc. (Uni. of Mysore)
- M.Phil. (Periyar University)
- M.Tech. (Nanotechnology)
- Gold Medallist/1st Rank in M.Tech (Nanotechnology)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Merit Fund Award
- Pramod Halappa, S. Tilak Raj and R. Sairani, Siddharth Joshi and R. Madhusudhana, S. Shivakumar (2017): “Combustion synthesis and characterization of Eu3+-activated Y2O3 red nanophosphors for display device applications”, International Journal of Nanotechnology, Vol. 14, No. 9/10/11, (2017)
- Madhusudhana R, M. A. Sangamesh, R. Gopalakrishne Urs, L. Krishnamurthy, G. L. Shekar: “Synthesis and Characterisation of ZrO2 by Simple Sol-Gel method”, International Journal of Advanced Research (2014), Vol. 2, Issue 4, 433-436.
- B. R. Thejashwini, Vijay Khopkar, R. Madhusudhana, B. Sahoo (2020): “Crystal growth and dielectric properties of ammonium dihydrogen phosphate(ADP) single crystal”, International Conference on 'Advances In Materials, Ceramics & Engineering Sciences' (AMCES- 2020) at Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru on 17th-18th January 2020.
- Yaseen K. R. Shariff , Harish K. Choudhary, Vijay Khopkar , Ankit Yadav, R. Madhusudhana, Balaram Sahoo (2020): “Sol-Gel Auto-Combustion Synthesis of Ba-Sr Hexaferrite Ceramic Powders”, , International Conference on 'Advances In Materials, Ceramics & Engineering Sciences' (AMCES- 2020) at Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru on 17th-18th January 2020.
- G. L. Bhuvana, B. N. Sherikar, R. Madhusudhana, B. Sahoo (2020): “Effect of Fly Ash on Setting Mechanism and Strength of Commercial Cement”, , International Conference on 'Advances In Materials, Ceramics & Engineering Sciences' (AMCES- 2020) at Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru on 17th-18th January 2020.
- Anish Raj K, Shivani Singh, Madhusudhana R, Sagar Mitra (2016): “Structural and electrochemical study of doped Li2FeSiO4/C cathode materials for future Lithium-ion Batteries, 2nd Indo-Canadian Symposium on Nanoscience and Technology (ICSNST’16), Feb. 18-19, 2016 at the National Institute of Engineering, Mysuru.
- Madhusudhana R., Anish Raj K., Sachin Pande M.P., Naveen Kumar J.R., L. Krishnamurthy(2015): “Thermal Barrier Coatings for High Temperature Applications on Nickel Super alloy Substrate”, National Conference of Emerging Trends in Nano Applications (NCETN – 2015), BMS Institute of Technology, Bengaluru during March 27 -28, 2015.
- Introduction to Nanoscience and Technology
- Advanced Nanoscience and Technology
- Synthesis of Nanomaterials
- Characterization of Nanomaterials
- Advanced Material Science
- Nanotechnology for Energy and Environment
- Nanosensors and Devices
- Composite Materials and Applications