Omkar S Powar
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
My primary research interests are Biomedical Signal Processing, Medical Devices, and Pattern Recognition. During my PhD at NITK, my research focus was on “Application of Surface EMG based Pattern Recognition for Eﬃcient Control of Upper Limb Prostheses”.
- BE (VTU)
- MTech (Jain University)
- Ph.D. (NITK)
- Powar, O. S., & Chemmangat, K. (2020). “Reducing the effect of wrist variation on pattern recognition of Myoelectric Hand Prostheses Control through Dynamic Time Warping”. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 55, 101626.Conference Proceedings.
- Powar, O. S., & Chemmangat, K. (2019). “Dynamic time warping for reducing the effect of force variation on myoelectric control of hand prostheses”. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 48, 152-160.
- Powar, O. S., Chemmangat, K., & Figarado, S. (2018). “A novel pre-processing procedure for enhanced feature extraction and characterization of electromyogram signals”. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 42, 277-286.
- Powar, O. S., & Chemmangat, K. (2019, August). “Comparison of Pre-Processing Filters on the Performance of sEMG based Pattern Recognition”. In 2019 International Conference on Power Electronics Applications and Technology in Present Energy Scenario (PETPES) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Powar, O. S., & Chemmangat, K. (2017, November). “Feature selection for myoelectric pattern recognition using two channel surface electromyography signals”. In TENCON 2017-2017 IEEE Region 10 Conference (pp. 1022-1026). IEEE.
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Signals and System
- Process Control and Instrumentation