Assistant Professor (FTC)
Department of Civil Engineering
Received Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree from University of Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, Bangalore, and Presently pursuing Ph.D. from NIT Surathkalunder the guidance of Prof.Amba Shetty and Dr.Pruthviraj U. Primary research interests are Surface water hydrology, Hydraulics, Remote sensing and GIS.
- Ph.D. (ongoing)
- M.E from UVCE, Bangalore University
- B.E from UVCE, Bangalore University
- Assistant Professor
- Awarded scholarship from Ministry of Education,GOI for Ph.D. studies
- Awarded Travel Grant to attend "NASA land cover/Land use change program and SARI advanced Training in Remote sensing and Geospatial Technologies" in Johor Bahru, Malaysia from South Asia Research Institute (SARI)
- Awarded Student Travel Grant from SPIE, To attend SPIE-2019, Remote Sensing Conference in Strasbourg, France
|SCOPUS INDEXED PAPERS:
1. Gururaj, P., Umesh, P. & Shetty, A. Evaluation of surface soil moisture models over heterogeneous agricultural plots using L-band SAR observations. Geocarto International, Taylor and Francis. DOI: 10.1080/10106049.2022.2032398. (IF=3.5)
2. Gururaj, P., Umesh, P. & Shetty, A. (2021) Assessment of surface soil moisture from ALOS PALSAR-2 in small-scale maize fields using polarimetric decomposition technique. ActaGeophysica, 69, 579–588. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11600-021-00557-x. (IF=2.3)
3. Gururaj, P., Umesh, P. & Shetty, A. (2021) Modeling of surface soil moisture using C-band SAR data over bare fields in the tropical semi-arid region of India. Applied Geomatics, 13, 555-564. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12518-021-00370-7.
4. Punithraj G., Pruthviraj U., Shetty A. (2020) “Surface Soil Moisture Retrieval Using C-Band Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) over Yanco Study Site, Australia—A Preliminary Study”. In: Ghosh J., da Silva I. (eds) Applications of Geomatics in Civil Engineering. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 33. Springer, Singapore. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-7067-0_8.
5. Punithraj Gururaj, PruthvirajUmesh, Amba Shetty, "Assessment of spatial variation of soil moisture during maize growth cycle using SAR observations," Proc. SPIE 11149, Remote Sensing for Agriculture, Ecosystems, and Hydrology XXI, 1114916 (21 October 2019); DOI: 10.1117/12.2532953.CONFERENCE AND POSTER PUBLICATION:
1. Gururaj P., Umesh P., Sara P.E.K., Shetty A. (2022) Top Surface Soil Moisture Retrieval Using C-Band Synthetic Aperture Radar over Kudremukh Grasslands. In: Jha R., Singh V.P., Singh V., Roy L.B., Thendiyath R. (eds) Hydrological Modeling. Water Science and Technology Library, vol 109. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-81358-1_4
2. Gururaj, P., Umesh, P., and Shetty, A.: Assessment of surface soil moisture distribution across small scale tomato fields using L band SAR data, EGU General Assembly 2020, Online, 4–8 May 2020, EGU2020-623, https://doi.org/10.5194/egusphere-egu2020-623, 2020.
3. Punithraj Gururaj, Liya Mary, Pruthvirajumesh and Ambashetty (2020) "Quantitative retrieval of surface soil moisture using ALOS PALSAR-2 polarimetric data in small scale farm fields" National conference on innovative research advances in engineering applications and processes, Jyothy institute of technology Bangalore, 28 Aug 2020.
4. Liyamary, Punithraj G, Pruthviraj U and Amba Shetty, (2020) “Rice crop monitoring using C-band synthetic aperture radar data”. New and effective innovations, technologies and key challenges, 30-31, Jan, NITK, pp-32.
5. Punithraj G, PruthvirajUmesh, and Amba Shetty, (2019) “Evaluation of SAR-optical image fusion approaches for forest LULC classification in Kudremukh National Park (KNP), India”. Poster presented in Land use/Land cover change, environmental and emissions in south/southeast Asia- NASA SARI International regional science meeting, 22-24 July,2019 Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
6. Punithraj G, Pruthviraj. U and Amba Shetty (2017) "Evaluation of Synergistic use of Sentinel-1 and Landsat data for land use/land cover classification" 22nd International Conference Hydraulics, Water Resources & Coastal Engineering, 21-23 Dec, LDCE, Ahmedabad, pp-132.
7. Ravi Kumar A.S, Mohan Kumar and Punithraj G (2016) “Identification of Potential Sites for Rain Water Harvesting Structures Using RS, GIS and MIF Techniques’’ International Journal of Innovative Research in Science and Engineering (ISSN: 2454-9665) Volume 02, Issue 05, pp 802-811.c