Dr. Remya Jayachandran
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
visit My Web page link
Dr. Remya Jayachandran has joined as Assistant Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, NIE Mysuru on 24th February 2019. She has a total experience of 10 years - 5 years of Teaching experience in various reputed institutions and 5 years of Research experience at NIT Calicut. She has obtained Ph.D. in the area of Analog Circuits Design from National Institute of Technology, Calicut in 2021, where she was a full time research scholar in the Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, NIT Calicut. Her research work was selected as part of the project under SMDP-C2SD Phase II at NIT Calicut and have successfully completed the chip design of the buffer amplifier IC. The fabrication of the designed buffer amplifier ICin 180 nm technology node was done in SCL Chandigarh, India funded by the SMDP-C2SD II and testing and verification of the buffer amplifier IC were done in the department of E&C, NIE Mysuru. She has filed an Indian patent on her research work on N-stage CMOS-OTA Buffer amplifiers in October 2016 which is currently in the examination stage. She has secured First Rank with Gold Medal in MTech VLSI design at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University in 2013. She has also qualified UGC-NET (Electronics) in December 2012 and June 2013. Her research interests include mixed signal circuit design, Nanoelectronics in biomedical and agricultural applications, MEMS etc. She was the coordinator of AICTE sponsored 5 days ATAL FDP on “Hands-on Approach For the Design and Implementation of Lab on Breadboard –A Blended Learning” held on July 2021, coordinator of the National Level Project Exhibition 2022 (Virtual mode) and coordinator of various Webinars and Student Development Programs organized by the Department of ECE, NIE Mysuru. She serves as reviewer for various reputed journals such as Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering (Springer), International Journal of Nanoparticles (Inderscience),International Journal of High Speed Electronics and Systems etc. and also in many reputed International Conferences.
- B.Tech. degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from IHRD College of Engineering Poonjar, Kerala, CUSAT University in 2009.
- M.Tech. degree in VLSI Design Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, India in 2013.
- Ph.D. degree in Electronics and Communication from National Institute of Technology Calicut in 2021 .
- Assistant Professor
- Biofuel quality estimation using IoT
- Memcomputing applications
- E-waste management system
- Low-cost NICU design
- Remya Jayachandran, Lekhana G, Bhuvana R S, M Rohini, "A novel tunable frequency sinusoidal OTA –LC Oscillator circuit for High frequency applications", Special Issue in Journal of Active and Passive Electronic Devices (JAPED), vol. 17(2), pp. 123-133, October 2023. (Web of Science Core Collection ESCI), Published by Old City Publishing, USA (https://www.oldcitypublishing.com/journals/japed-home/japed-issue-contents/japed-volume-17-number-2-2023/japed-17-2-p-123-133/).
- Remya Jayachandran, Dhanaraj K J, P C Subramaniam, “Planar CMOS and multigate transistors based wide-band OTA buffer amplifiers for heavy resistance load”, FACTA UNIVERSITATIS Series Electronics and Energetics, Vol.35(1), March 2022. https://doi.org/10.2298/FUEE2201013J
- Remya Jayachandran, Rama S Komaragiri, P C Subramaniam, Ranjith R, “High performance Reconfigurable FET for a Simple variable gain buffer amplifier design,” International Journal of Electronics,Vol. 109, 1, pp-100-118, 2022 , https://doi.org/10.1080/00207217.2021.1908618
- Remya Jayachandran, P C Subramaniam, DhanarajK J, “A novel tunable gain CMOS buffer amplifier for large resistive loads,” Integration, The VLSI Journal, (Elsevier), vol. 77, pp. 1-12, Mar. 2021, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vlsi.2020.10.007
- Ranjith R, Remya Jayachandran, K. J. Suja, Rama S Komaragiri, “Two dimensional analytical model for a reconfigurable field effect transistor,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 114, pp. 62-74, February 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spmi.2017.12.006
- Helna Aboobacker, Aarathi R Krishna, Remya Jayachandran, “Design, Implementation and Comparison of 8 bit 100MHz Current Steering DACs,” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 877-880, August 2013.
- Aarathi R Krishna, Helna Aboobacker, Remya Jayachandran, “Design and Implementation of 7 bit 100MHz Flash ADC,” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 881-886, August 2013.
- Annangi Saikiran Babu, K P Yashika, K S Nishaan Kushalappa, Aniruddh Adiga, Shreya B Raj, Mrudula N, Meghana S, Chandhana K B, Remya Jayachandran , "NeuroPredict: A Comprehensive Approach for Alzheimer’s Disease Prediction and Development of a Medical Assisting Kit ", International Conference on Recent Advances in Science and Engineering Technology – ICRASET 2023 (accepted).
- Darshan Babu K S, G. Adarsh, Karan K, Shylesh Kumar P B, Rupesh S, Remya Jayachandran,"A Novel scheme for IoT based Real Time Monitoring of Biodiesel Quality ", 2023 International Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics and Communication (ICRTEC), February 2023. 1109/ICRTEC56977.2023.10111864
- Fida Fareesha, Chandanashree Y K, Gowthami V, Remya Jayachandran, Shaeen Kalathil, "Real-Time Artificial Mood-tracking and Health-monitoring System (RAMAHS) for people with mental illness and their Caregivers ", 2023 International Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics and Communication (ICRTEC), February 2023. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICRTEC56977.2023.10111897
- Amith N Bharadwaj, Ananya M Kasyap, Gurusatwik Bhatta N, Remya Jayachandran, Rajalekshmi Kishore "A Survey on Terahertz Devices-A cutting edge Technology", 2023 International Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics and Communication (ICRTEC), February 2023. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICRTEC56977.2023.10111851
- Bhuvana R S, Lekhana G, M. Rohini, Remya Jayachandran, "Tunable frequency CMOS OTA-C sinusoidal oscillators for high frequency applications", 2022 IEEE International Conference of Electron Devices Society Kolkata Chapter (EDKCON), Kolkata, India, 2022, pp. 430-433, Doi: 10.1109/EDKCON56221.2022.10032920.
- Sanjith V K, Nirmitha S, Remya Jayachandran, Vijayadurga P , Yashaswini G Y, "Parametric analysis of piezoelectric-sensor array in foot step power generation system", Fourth International Conference on Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology (ICERECT) 26th December 2022 (https://doi.org/10.1109/ICERECT56837.2022.10059799).
- Remya Jayachandran, K J Dhanaraj, P C Subramaniam, “Hardware realization and testing of multistage OTA buffer amplifier for heavy resistive load," In 3rd IEEE International Conference on Devices for Integarted Circuits (DevIC 2021), May 2021 held at Kalyani Government Engineering College, Kolkata. 10.1109/DevIC50843.2021.9455806
- Remya Jayachandran, Rama S Komaragiri, P C Subramaniam, “Reconfigurable circuits based on single gate reconfigurable field effect transistors," In 6thIEEE International Conference on Electronics, Computing and Communication Technologies (CONECCT), July 2020 held at GITAM University, Bangalore. 10.1109/CONECCT50063.2020.9198322
- Remya Jayachandran, Rama S Komaragiri, P C Subramaniam, “Study of circuits based on SOI-vertical Gate-All-Around FET," In 15th IEEE India Council International Conference, INDICON, December 2018 held at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Coimbatore. 10.1109/INDICON45594.2018.8987021
- Remya Jayachandran, Rama S Komaragiri, Dhanaraj K, J, "Simulation of Reconfigurable FET circuits using Sentaurus TCAD tool", Book Chapter in Sub-micron Semiconductor Devices: Design and Applications, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, 2022, 10.1201/9781003126393-11
- “N-stage OTA buffer amplifiers with unity gain and high input dynamic range and tunable gain for driving large resistive load “ Patent No.: Patent Application No. 201741035499 filed on 06.10.2017; Granted Patent No. 445941 dated 06.10.2017, Inventors: P C Subramaniam, Remya Jayachandran
- Electronics Circuits I & II
- Basic Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Linear Integrated circuits
- Audio & Video Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Engineering Management
- Analog CMOS Design -I
- Electronics Fundamentals
- Mixed Signal IC Design
- Network Protocol Engineering
- Analog CMOS IC Design
- Qualified UGC NET in 2012
- First Rank with Gold medal in MTech VLSI Design, 2013
- Successfully defended the thesis work on “High performance OTA Buffer amplifiers for driving resistive load” in October 2021, NIT Calicut
- Completed the tapeout, testing and verification of CMOS OTA Buffer Amplifier IC in 2020
- Coordinator of AICTE sponsored 5 days ATAL FDP on “Hands-on Approach For the Design and Implementation of Lab on Breadboard –A Blended Learning” held on July 2021 https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IiNoromrLOoQl5uW2XGlLS472w_8iTZa?usp=sharing
- Coordinator of the National Level Project Exhibition 2022 (Virtual mode) held on April 2022 https://sites.google.com/nie.ac.in/project-exhibition/home
- Secured Fourth place for the student project in the National Level Project Exhibition 2022 https://sites.google.com/nie.ac.in/project-exhibition/home
- Faculty advisor of IEEE NISB, IEEE CAS and IEEE WIE, NIE Mysuru
- Resource person for the online workshop on “Analog IC design flow” in ILLUME 2020 organized by IEEE CAS, NISB (https://youtu.be/PhZpGTjbTJU)
- Resource person for the Workshop on Basics of Analog and Digtal CMOS Design (VLSI) with LTspice in ADROIT 2021 organized by IEEE NISB.
- Coordinator of various Webinars and Student Development programs organized by the Department of ECE, NIE Mysuru https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IiNoromrLOoQl5uW2XGlLS472w_8iTZa?usp=sharing
- Resource person for the TEQUIP II sponsored FSP on “Advanced Micro/Nanosensor Technologies”, organized by the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Government Engineering College Palakkad, Sreekrishnapuram during July 18 – 20, 2022.
- Participated in Student Research Symposium 2022 organized by IIT Indore on August 10-11th , 2022. https://ieee.ntc.iiti.ac.in/srs22/home
- ECE Students, NIE - 4 teams ( Team :1. Santhosh H S (Individual) 2. Likith Kumar (Individual) 3. Ananya, Amit & Gurusatwik 4. Fida, Gouthami and Chandanashree ) under the guidance of Remya Jayachandran presented their Model/Technology in Student Research Symposium 2022 organized by IEEE NTC IIT Indore on August 10-11th , 2022.
- Project "Low Cost NICU Incubator" presented by Likith Kumar M under the guidance of Remya Jayachandran won third prize for oral presentation in Student Research Symposium 2022 organized by IEEE NTC IIT Indore on August 10-11th , 2022. https://ieee.ntc.iiti.ac.in/gallery
- Resource person for the Five days Online Workshop on "Advances in VLSI Circuits using Cadence", held on 17th -21st October 2022, organized by NIE Mysuru
- NIE Center for Research and Development (NIE-CRD) Institute level Co-ordinator, NIE South Campus
- Bhuvana R S, Lekhana G, M. Rohini , 5th semester A batch students ECE, NIE Mysuru under the guidance of Dr. Remya Jayachandran, Assistant Professor, ECED, NIE Mysuru presented their project work in the "2nd International Conference of IEEE Electron Device Society Kolkata, EDKCON 2022", Analog/Digital/Mixed mode circuit design track on 26th November 2022. The title of the paper is "Tunable frequency CMOS OTA-C sinusoidal oscillators for high frequency applications".
- Final year student Project- WARM WOMB by Likith Kumar, Manoj M, Sanjay Kumar & Akash Kulkarni under the guidance of Dr. Remya Jayachandran got shortlisted in the FAER- Integra Scholar Program 2023.
- Final year student Suhas S got selected in the 6 months internship program offered by CEWIT, IIT Madras.
- Sanjith V K and Nirmitha S (Third semester students, ECE B batch) under the guidance of Remya Jayachandran, presented the project work on "Parametric analysis of piezoelectric-sensor array in foot step power generation system" in the Fourth International Conference on Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology (ICERECT) held on 26th December 2022 at PES College of Engineering Mandya.
- Remya Jayachandran presented in 3 min Thesis presentation - "High Performance OTA Buffer amplifiers for driving resistive loads" in the Research & Industry Conclave- 2023- Bridging Academia & Industry for a Sustainable Future., organized by IIT Indore held on 20-22 January 2023.
- Session chair of the International Conference- ICRTEC 2023
- Participated in the IEEE EDS Upskilling Course titled Electric Vehicle (EV) Mobility and Solutions on March 10-11, 2023 organized by Indian Institute of Technology Indore.
- Organizing committee member for the Event "NIE IDEAthon 2023"
- Darshan Babu, G Adarsh, Karan K, 6th semester students ECE got 2nd prize for the Model presentation contest in NIE IDEAthon 2023. Project name QCBIoT which was done under the guidance of Dr. Remya Jayachandran and Dr. Rupesh S, BRIDC, P.E.S. Mandya. Students got a Cash prize of ₹7000/- for this project.
- Second year students, Akash, Sagar, Bindu, Karthik Kumar of ECE (under the guidance of Dr. Remya Jayachandran) won First prize in Poster presentation contest in NIE IDEAthon 2023. They got Cash prize of ₹5000/- .
- Final year students, Sai Kiran, Anirudh Adiga, Yashika and Nishaan of ECE (under the guidance of Dr. Remya Jayachandran) won Second prize in Poster presentation contest in NIE IDEAthon 2023. They got Cash prize of ₹3000/- .
- Second year students, Vishnu Prasad, Anangha, Nithin, Akash of ECE (under the guidance of Dr. Remya Jayachandran) won Third prize in Poster presentation contest in NIE IDEAthon 2023. They got Cash prize of ₹1500/- .
- Faculty Coordinator of Indian Women in 3D printing (IW3DP) in NIE Mysore
- Student Projects -"MEMOREyes" and "PARISARA Vahini", Participated in the prelims of IEEE YESIST 12 -(Youth Endeavors for Social Innovation Using Sustainable Technology ) on 4th May 2023 on the occasion of “Kaushalya” Open House Project Expo-2023 at NMIT Bangalore.
- Lekhana G (Sixth semester student of ECE, NIE Mysore) who has worked in the OTA oscillator design project got 3 months internship in IIT Delhi in the area of Sensor design.
- Resource person for the three days staff development program conducted by Dept. of ECE, NIE Mysore on Lab essentials: Elvis Kit, Arm Processor and Matlab held on May 15th-17th , 2023.
- Indian Patent Granted for the invention "N-stage OTA buffer amplifiers with unity gain and high input dynamic range and tunable gain for driving large resistive load " , Patent Application No. 201741035499 filed on 06.10.2017; Granted Patent No. 445941 dated 06.10.2017. Patent was granted on 23/08/2023
- Session chair for the “ Student Research Symopsuim 2023” organized by IEEE Madyapradesh Session, IIT Indore