Dr.Sangamesha M A
Department of Chemistry
|Phone No:||+ 91-9900503238|
I am working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry at The National Institute of Engineering (NIE), Mysore, since June 2014. My main area of research interest is development of polymer nanocomposites for opto-electronic applications and preparation of thin films for solar cells. I also work on biodegradable polymers for food packaging applications. Previously, I was working as a research scholar at NIE from 2011 to 2014, towards the research project entitled as “Development of CIGS based Nanomaterials for Photovoltaics”, funded by Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), GoK. I have also worked in Quality Control Department at Jubilant Life Science from 2010-2011. I have involved in several academic and professional activities and sponsored research projects funded by KBITS on Exhaust gas carbon Extractor (EGCE). I took part in many national and international conferences, recently received best paper award in International Conference On ‘Advances in Materials, Ceramics & Engineering Sciences' ‘(AMCES- 2020)’. I am actively attended many FDP programs and short-term courses in reputed institutes. Recently, I have filed a patent on “A device to tap black carbon and other particulate matter from diesel engine vehicles”. I look forward to scientific and academic collaborations in my area of interest. Please visit our institute website for more information about my research activities.
- B.Sc., (University of Mysore)
- M.Sc., (University of Mysore)
- Ph.D (VTU, Belagavi)
International / National Journal Publications
- A Review on Synthesis and Applications of Tungsten Oxide Nanoparticles and its Polymer Composites, International Journal of Nanoscience, https://doi.org/10.1142/ S0219581X22 300012
- Sangamesha M A, Lakshmi Ranganatha V Rashmi V, RamithRamu, C Mallikarjunaswamy, Synthesis and characterization of 4-Hydroxy Benzophenone (Ph2CO)/ Polyvinyl Alcohol (PVA) composites for Ultraviolet (UV)-Shielding Applications, Materials Today: Proceedings, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2022.03.217
- C Mallikarjunaswamy, J.S. Vidya , H.N. Deepakumari , G. Nagaraju, M.A. Sangamesha, V Lakshmi Ranganatha, Larvicidal and antimicrobial activity of zinc oxide nanoparticles synthesized from rain tree pod aqueous extract, Materials Today: Proceedings, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2022.02.422
- SangameshaMadanahalliAnkanathappa, RashmiSarguruNanajundaiah,ChandrashekarHosur Kumara, Surface, Structural and Optical Investigation on Poly Vinyl Alcohol (PVA)/Bi2WO6Nanocomposite films,International Journal of Nano Dimension.,DOI:22034/ijnd.2022.1946867.2109
- T E Somesh, L R Shivakumar, M ASangamesha, Siddaramaiah, T Demappa, Polymer nanocomposites comprising PVA matrix and AgGaO2nanofillers: Probing the effect of intercalation on optical and dielectric response for optoelectronic applications, Indian Journal of Science and Technology 14(31): 2579-2589 (2021). https://doi.org/17485/IJST/v14i31.1614.
- VeenaMathad, Padmapriya P. and Sangamesha M. A. Some topological indices of phosphorus containing dendrimers, Palestine Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 10 (Special Issue II, 2021), 151–160.
- R Madhusudhana, K L Sushma, K Chandra Sekhar, L. Krishnamurthy, R GopalakrishneUrs and M A Sangamesha, Nanostructured Anti-Glare Coatings for Night Visibility, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 1065 (2021) 012017 doi:10.1088/1757-899X/1065/1/012017
- Santosh Kumar, M S Shamprasad, Y S Varadarajan, Sangamesha M A, Coconut Coir Fiber Reinforced Polypropylene Composites: Investigation on Fracture Toughness and Mechanical Properties, Materials today proceedings, https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.matpr.2021.01.402
- RashmiVeeranna, PramilaShivamurthy, MallikarjunaswamyChandrashekaraiah, NithinKundachiraSubramanni, SangameshaMadanahalliAnkanathappa, ShaukathAraKhanum, Lakshmi RanganathaVenkataravanappa, Metal Nanoparticles as Emerging Catalysts: A Mini-Review, Int. J. Nano Dimens., 12 (2): 90-97, Spring 2021.
- Asha M S, Sangamesha M A, Othbert Pinto,Sandra T O, Ridhu P Shaji, Synthesis and Characterization of Hetero Cyclic Imine and its Metal Complexes for Anticorrosion Application, Materials today proceedings, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2021.01.356
- A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar, Effect of Co doping on CIS2 thin films, Chinese Journal of Physics- Elsevier 56 (2018) 1147–1157
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar, Low Cost CuSSe Thin Film by Non-Vacuum Techniques, International Journal of Thin Films Science and Technology, 5, No. 2, 129-135 (2016).
- Prajwal, M. A. Sangamesha and K. Pushpalatha, Ant larvae silk fibres mat, Current Science, Vol. 108, No. 1546, No.8, 25 April 2015.
- A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G.L. Shekar, Structural and Optical Studies of Conducting PANI/CuSNanocomposites on Nanocrystalline Zinc-Oxide Thin Film, American Journal of Nanotechnology 5 (1): 1-9, 2014, ISSN 1949-0216, Science Publications, doi:10.3844/ajntsp.2014.1.9.
- A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar “Synthesis and Characterization of Conducting Polyaniline/Copper SelenideNanocomposites” in Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science (IJACS), Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science, KROS Publications 2(3) (2014), pp. 223-227.
- A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G.L. Shekar, “Effect of Concentration on Structural and Optical Properties of CuS thin films” at International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Volume: 02 Issue: 11, Nov-2013, page No, 227-234.
- Madhusudhana, M.A. Sangamesha, R. GopalKrishneUrs, L. Krishnamurthy, G.L. Shekar, Synthesis and Characterization of Zirconia (ZrO2) by simple Sol-Gel Route, International Journal of Advanced Research (2014), Volume 2, Issue 4, 433-436.
- A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha, G.L. Shekar, and S. Shamsundar, “Preparation and Characterization of NanocrystallineCuS Thin Films for Dye-Sensitized Solar cells” ISRN Nanomaterials, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Article ID 829430, 8 pages.
- M A, for presented the research paper entitled “Effect of Humidity on the Performance of Polyvinyl Chloride Based TriboelectricNanogenerator" in the 2022 International Conference on Recent Advances in Engineering Materials (ICRAEM 2022) held at Alva’s Institute of Engineering &Technology, Moodbidri, Karnataka, India during 03- 05, March 2022.
- Lovesome Benedict S, Madhusudhana R, Navyashree K C and Sangamesha M A, Black cotton soil stabilization using nanocomposites based hydrogels, presented in Two Day International e-Conference on Drug Discovery and Material Science, held on 15–16 September 2021 organized by IQAC and Department of Chemistry (UG & PG) JSS College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Mysore.
- Madhusudhana R, Navyashree K C, Lovesome Benedict S, Sangamesha M A, ZrO2 – TiO2 multilayered nanostructured coatings on AA5052 substrate as corrosion resistant coatings, presented in Two Day International e-Conference on Drug Discovery and Material Science, held on 15 – 16 September 2021 organized by IQAC and Department of Chemistry (UG & PG) JSS College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Mysore.
- Madhusudhana R, Navyashree K C, L. Krishnamurthy, R GopalakrishneUrs, Sangamesha M A, Synthesis and Characterization of TiO2 and Zr, Co doped TiO2nano Powder, presented in international conference in emerging trends in nanoscience and Nanotechnology, held on Aug 6 to 7 2021, at Srinivas University, Manglore- 574146.
- Sangamesha M A and Chandra, presented on “Prediction characterization and molecular docking studies on fungal Sclerotiumrolfsii for searching potential fungicides against damping off in rice nursery’ The International E-Conference on “Multidisciplinary approaches for plant disease management in achieving sustainability in agriculture” organised by Department of Plant Pathology, College of Horticulture, Bengaluru, University of Horticultural Sciences, Bagalkot, India during 6-9 October, 2020.
- Sangamesha M.A, Lokesh Kumar S, K. Pushpalatha, Nithin K S and Lakshmi Rangantha V, Influence of Copper Selenide nanoparticles on Structural, Optical and Opto-electronic Properties of PolyvinylAlcohol/ Copper Selenide blend Composites, Advances in Materials, Ceramics & Engineering Sciences' (AMCES- 2020) DayanandaSagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru, India, 17th - 18th January, 2020
- Shyamili N B, Yogitha M, Sangamesha M.A and K. Pushpalatha, Effect of Cadmium doping on Dye sensitized Poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA) Nanocomposite Films, International Conference on Nanomaterials and their Applications at University of Mysore held on March 1-2, 2018.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha, Fabrication and Characterization of PVA (Poly(vinyl alcohol))/PA-CuS (Polyaniline-Copper Sulphide) Nanocompositethin Films, 7th National Conference on Advances in Polymeric Materials (NCAPM), Polycon, Mysore, at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, JSS science and technology university, Mysore- 570 006, Karnataka, India, held 15th& 16th September 2017.
- A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar, Effect of concentration on Optical properties of CuS thin films, Two Day National Conference on “Recent Trends in Chemical Biology” at JSS College, Ooty Road, Mysore, held between 2nd and 3rd March 2015.
- A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar,Preparation and characterization of weaver ants’ silk - Polyaniline composites“Natural, Bio polymers and their composites- ICNP2015” at Mahathma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, held between 10th to 12th, April 2015.
- A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar, Surface analysis and Optical studies of CuSSe thin films for solar cell, National Conference on “Condensed Matter Physics and Application- Cmpa-2015 at Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal held between 27th and 28th March, 2015.
- A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar, “Synthesis and Characterization of Conducting Polyaniline/Copper SelenideNanocomposites”, 6th National Conference on Advances in Polymeric Materials (NCAPM), Polycon, Mysore, at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore- 570 006, Karnataka, India, held 16th& 17th April 2014.
- A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha, G. L. Shekar, and S. Shamsundar, “Preparation and Characterization of NanocrystallineZnO Thin Film on Flexible Substrate by Sol-Gel Method” at FirstIndo-Canadian Symposium on Nano-Science and Technology (ICSNST), at the National Institute of Engineering, Mysore, held between 20th -22nd February 2013.
- A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha, G. L. Shekar, and S. Shamsundar, Dye Sensitized Copper sulphide solar cells, in International Conference, Advance Nano Materials ANM 2012 at IIT/Madras, held between October 17th – 19th, 2012.
- Patent Granted on “A device to tap black carbon and other particulate matter from diesel engine vehicles” - 372428
- Engineering Chemistry Theory
- Engineering Chemistry Laboratory