Dr. Tojo Mathew
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
I started my career as a software engineer and worked for MNCs like Nokia, Samsung, Wipro for around 8 years before moving to the teaching profession. I did my Ph. D in Computational Medical Image Analysis from Dept. of CSE, NIT Surathkal. As a teacher , I handle primarily programming subjects, utilizing my industry experience for the benefit of the student community. I have qualified in UGC NET (2013) and GATE (2012) exams. My research interests are primarily in digital image processing and application of machine learning in medical image analysis.Please visit : https://sites.google.com/site/tojomathew/
- Ph.D in Computational Medical Image Analysis from National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal, 2022.
- M.Tech in Computer Science with Digital Image Computing from Dept. of Computer Science, University of Kerala, 2014.
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from MA College of Engineering, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, 2003.
- Assistant Professor
- Figured among top 2% performers in the national-level NPTEL Online Certification Course (MOOC) 'NBA Accreditation and Teaching and learning in Engineering (NATE)', conducted by IISc. Bangalore (Apr 2022).
- Figured among top 1% performers in the national-level NPTEL Online Certification Course (MOOC) 'C++ Programming' conducted by IIT Kharagpur (Apr 2017)
- Best M.Tech thesis award from Dept. of Computer Science, University of Kerala (Dec 2014)
- Qualified UGC National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) for Assistant Professorship (Apr 2014).
- Qualified Graduates Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) to receive scholarship for M.Tech from AICTE (Mar 2012).
1. Tojo Mathew, S. Niyas, C.I. Johnpaul, Jyoti R. Kini, Jeny Rajan, "A novel deep classifier framework for automated molecular subtyping of breast carcinoma using immunohistochemistry image analysis", Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, Elsevier, 2022, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bspc.2022.103657 (SCIE Indexed, JCR Impact factor: 3.88)
2. Tojo Mathew, Ajith B, Jyoti R. Kini, Jeny Rajan. Deep learning-based automated mitosis detection in histopathology images for breast cancer grading. Int J Imaging Syst Technol., Wiley, 2022, 1-17, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/ima.22703 (SCIE Indexed, Impact factor: 2.00)
3. Tojo Mathew, Jyoti R. Kini, and Jeny Rajan, "Computational methods for automated mitosis detection in histopathology images: A review." Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering, Elsevier, 2021, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbe.2020.11.005 (SCIE Indexed, JCR Impact factor: 4.314)
International Conference Papers:
1. Tojo Mathew , and Johnpaul C.I., "Reversible data hiding in encrypted images using interpolation-based distributed space reservation." In Advanced Computing and Communication Systems (ICACCS), 2017 4th International Conference on, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2017, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACCS.2017.8014608
2. Johnpaul, C. I., and Tojo Mathew, "NP-completeness of an optimization problem on plants selection using reduction method." Intelligent Computing, Instrumentation and Control Technologies (ICICICT), International Conference on. IEEE, 2017, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICICICT1.2017.8342556
3. Johnpaul C. I., and Tojo Mathew, "A Cypher query based NoSQL data mining on protein datasets using Neo4j graph database." In Advanced Computing and Communication Systems (ICACCS), 2017 4th International Conference on, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2017, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACCS.2017.8014558
4. Nirmal S. Nair, Tojo Mathew, Neethu A. S., Viswajith P. Viswanath, Madhu S. Nair and Wilscy M., "A Proactive Approach to Reversible Data Hiding in Encrypted Images", International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies - ICICT 2014 (CUSAT, Kochi, India), Procedia Computer Science, Elsevier, Vol.46, pp.1510-1517, 2015, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.02.071
5. Tojo Mathew, Wilscy M., "Reversible Data Hiding in Encrypted Images by Active Block Exchange and Room Reservation", International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics - IC3I 2014 (Mysore, India), IEEE Computer Society Press, pp.839-844, 2014, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/IC3I.2014.7019628
- Unix System Programming
- OOP with C++
- Data Structures
- C Programming
- Python Programming
- Problem Solving through Programming
- Python Programming & Applications