Dr. Tojo Mathew
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
I started my career as a software engineer and worked for MNCs like Nokia, Samsung, Wipro for around 8 years before moving to the teaching profession. I did my Ph. D in Computational Medical Image Analysis from Dept. of CSE, NIT Surathkal. As a teacher , I handle primarily programming subjects, utilizing my industry experience for the benefit of the student community. I have qualified in UGC NET (2013) and GATE (2012) exams. My research interests are primarily in digital image processing and application of machine learning in medical image analysis.Please visit : https://sites.google.com/site/tojomathew/
- Ph.D in Computational Medical Image Analysis from National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal, 2022.
- M.Tech in Computer Science with Digital Image Computing from Dept. of Computer Science, University of Kerala, 2014.
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from MA College of Engineering, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, 2003.
- Assistant professor Additional roles & responsibilities:
- Anti-ragging squad member
- Curriculum Design Committee Member
- Research ambassador
- Skill Development Steering Committee member
- TEQIP Coordinator - Dept.
- BoE Member - Dept.
- E-Box (Virtual Lab Coordinator) - Dept
- Lab Coordinator (C Programming, Data Structures) - Dept
- Figured among top 2% performers in the national-level NPTEL Online Certification Course (MOOC) 'NBA Accreditation and Teaching and learning in Engineering (NATE)', conducted by IISc. Bangalore (Apr 2022).
- Figured among top 1% performers in the national-level NPTEL Online Certification Course (MOOC) 'C++ Programming' conducted by IIT Kharagpur (Apr 2017).
- Best M.Tech thesis award from Dept. of Computer Science, University of Kerala (Dec 2014).
- Qualified UGC National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) for Assistant Professorship (Apr 2014).
- Qualified Graduates Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) to receive scholarship for M.Tech from AICTE (Mar 2012).
- Reviewer for scientific journals:
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
- Artificial Intelligence Review (Springer)
- Nature - Scientific Reports (Springer)
- IEEE Access
- SN Applied Sciences (Springer)
List of Papers Published
Author: Dr. Tojo Mathew, Asst, Professor, Dept. of CSE
I. International Journals
- Tojo Mathew, C. I. Johnpaul, B. Ajith, Jyoti R. Kini, and Jeny Rajan. "A deep learning based classifier framework for automated nuclear atypia scoring of breast carcinoma." Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence(Elsevier, 2023). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engappai.2023.105949(SCIE Indexed, Impact factor: 7.80)
- Niyas, S., Ramya Bygari, Rachita Naik, Bhavishya Viswanath, Dhananjay Ugwekar, Tojo Mathew, J. Kavya, Jyoti R. Kini, and Jeny Rajan. "Automated Molecular Subtyping of Breast Carcinoma using Deep Learning Techniques." IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine(IEEE, 2023). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/JTEHM.2023.324161(SCIE Indexed, Impact factor: 2.89)
- Tojo Mathew, S. Niyas, C.I. Johnpaul, Jyoti R. Kini, Jeny Rajan, "A novel deep classifier framework for automated molecular subtyping of breast carcinoma using immunohistochemistry image analysis", Biomedical Signal Processing and Control (Elsevier, 2022). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bspc.2022.103657(SCIE Indexed, Impact factor: 5.07)
- Tojo Mathew, Ajith B, Jyoti R. Kini, Jeny Rajan. "Deep learning-based automated mitosis detection in histopathology images for breast cancer grading", International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology (Wiley, 2022). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/ima.22703 (SCIE Indexed, Impact factor: 2.17)
- Tojo Mathew, Jyoti R. Kini, and Jeny Rajan. "Computational methods for automated mitosis detection in histopathology images: A review", Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering (Elsevier, 2021). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbe.2020.11.005 (SCIE Indexed, Impact factor: 5.68)
II. International Conference Papers
- Johnpaul, C. I., and Tojo Mathew. "NP-Completeness of an Optimization Problem on Plants Selection Using Reduction Method”, In International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Instrumentation and Control Technologies (ICICICT), 2017 International Conference on, (IEEE, 2017). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICICICT1.2017.8342556
- Johnpaul C. I., and Tojo Mathew. "A Cypher query based NoSQL data mining on protein datasets using Neo4j graph database." In Advanced Computing and Communication Systems (ICACCS), 2017 4th International Conference on, pp. 1-6. (IEEE, 2017). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACCS.2017.8014558
- Tojo Mathew , and Johnpaul C.I. "Reversible data hiding in encrypted images using interpolation-based distributed space reservation." In Advanced Computing and Communication Systems (ICACCS), 2017 4th International Conference on, pp. 1-6. (IEEE, 2017). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACCS.2017.8014608
- Nair, Nirmal S., Tojo Mathew, A. S. Neethu, Viswajith P. Viswanath, Madhu S. Nair, and M. Wilscy. "A proactive approach to reversible data hiding in encrypted images." Procedia Computer Science, 46, 1510-1517 (Elsevier, 2015). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.02.071
- Tojo Mathew, and M. Wilscy. "Reversible data hiding in encrypted images by active block exchange and room reservation." In 2014 International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics (IC3I), pp. 839-844. (IEEE, 2014). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/IC3I.2014.7019628
- Niyas S., Shraddha Priya, Reena Oswal, Tojo Mathew, Jyoti R. Kini, and Jeny Rajan, "Automated Molecular Subtyping of Breast Cancer through Immunohistochemistry Image Analysis", Computer Vision and Machine Intelligence (Lecture Notes in Network and SystemsBook Series, Vol. 586, Springer, 2023), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-7867-8_3
- Unix System Programming
- OOP with C++
- Data Structures
- C Programming
- Python Programming
- Problem Solving through Programming
- Python Programming & Applications
- Image Processing & Applications