How You Can Help
How You Can Help (NO DONATIONS SOUGHT!)
- By listening to us, as we try to make you aware of the many dangers at the workplace, injuring & killing many.
- By telling us your safety and health problems at the workplace, so we can try to help you solve them.
- By telling us your safety and health solutions, so that we may learn from you & share the ideas with others.
- By offering to give talks and short courses through our Centre on workplace safety so that it will benefit many.
- By spreading the word about us and what we are trying to do to reduce deaths and injuries at the workplace.
- By practicing personally and ensuring that your near and dear ones also practice the simple safety measures suggested by us and other safety-minded authorities.
Important Activities (international /national /regional):
- WINNOSAFE competition amongst students all over India, Dec 2020;
- National Forum on Workplace Safety 6 Dec 2020;
- Second National Forum on Workplace Safety on 5 Dec 2021.
Measurable contribution by the CWSH to Education / curriculum / students:
- CWSH has developed Occupational Safety and Health undergraduate course for engineers
- 2-credit, 26 hour course and
- 3-credit, 42 hour course.
- Delivery of courses on Occupational Health and Safety
- March–Risk Management to ISO Standards, 9 hours course for L&T, Mysuru, by Prof NK
- August –2 hours Seminar on Status and Future of OSH in India, for L&T, Mysuru,by Prof NK
- Participants statistics—
- Over550 people trained
- 35 + 35 for L&T
- 40– lab safety at NIE
- Prof Krishna’s 6S course – 90 unique registrants and 56 attendees – 37+ hours watched (total participants attended time)
- 38 participants for risk management
- 30 students for OSH course
2. National Committee Participation–
- N.Krishnamurthy –Member, Expert Committee for OSH (Factories), Govt.of India, DGFASLI
- Arun Rao – Member, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Committee on Implementation of Safety Recommendations at Kozhikode airport.
3. Procedures/Processes/Operations of the Centre:
- Preparation, marketing and delivering webinars and lectures
- Preparing and conducting NIE Campus Safety Audit
4. Leadership and core competence:
- Development and delivery of curriculum and lecture materials;
- Capability of conducting safety audits;
- Supervision and guidance of research projects.
5. Active collaborations:
- Consulting Engineers Association of India (CEAI)
- Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (ACCE)