Dr.Darshan C Sekhar
Department of Civil Engineering
My primary research interest is in the field of foundation engineering. I am actively involved in consultancy activities, particularly in the field of geotechnical engineering. I had been a research associate for a period of 8 months at IISc, after my post-graduation. I have delivered technical talks at Administrative Training Institute, Forest Staff Training Institute and L&T, CTA Mysuru. I have also been a reviewer for two international journals and few international conferences. At the departmental level I was an NBA and NAAC co-ordinator in 2020.
- B.E. (VTU)
- M.E. (Bangalore University)
- Ph.D. (NITK-Surathkal)
- Reviewer in Journal of Building Engineering, Elsevier
- Parikshith, M.V. and Darshan, C.S. (2019): “Feasibility of flyash based geopolymer for soil stabilization”. International Journal of Innovation Technology and Exploring Engineering, 9(1), 4348-4351.
- Sekhar, D. C. and Nayak, S. (2018): “Utilization of granulated blast furnace slag and cement in the manufacture of compressed stabilized earth blocks”. Construction and Building Materials, 166, 531-536.
- Sekhar, D. C. and Nayak, S. (2017): “SEM and XRD investigations on lithomargic clay stabilized using granulated blast furnace slag and cement.” International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 615-629.
- Sekhar, D. C., Nayak, S. and Preetham, H.K. (2017): “Influence of granulated blast furnace slag and cement on the strength properties of lithomargic clay.” Indian Geotechnical Journal, 47(3), 384-392.
- Parikshith, M.V., Darshan, C.S. and Rajath, K. (2019): “Impact of sewage water intrusion on bearing capacity and dewatering by Electrokinetic Remediation”. International Conference on Innnovative Trends in Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development, NITW, Telangana, India, 234-235.
- Sekhar, D. C., Nayak, S., Reva Venu, V.M. and Preetham, H.K. (2017): “Investigation on granulated blast furnace slag as an effective stabilizer for lithomargic clay.” International Conference on Geotechniques for Infrastructure Projects, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
- Sekhar, D. C., Pratibha, R. and Sivakumar Babu, G.L. (2014): “Support of an excavation with micropiles and nailing: A case study.” Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference, Kakinada, India, 1913-1916.
- Fundamentals of Geotechnical Engineering
- Applied Geotechnical Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Analysis of Determinate Structures
- Concrete Technology
- Building Planning and Drawing
- Analysis & Design of Sub Structures