Dr. Abhinaba Roy
Department of Mechanical Engineering
My primary areas of interest are in Manufacturing and Materials with major emphasis on Shape Memory Alloys, Advanced Manufacturing Processes and Materials Characterization. I have extensively worked on preparation of TiNi based Shape Memory Alloys using Vacuum Arc Melting method and utilized various characterization tools such as XRD, SEM, EDS, DSC, AFM etc. I have operational experience on Vacuum Arc Melting equipment, Wire Electro Discharge Machine, Universal Testing Machine (75kN), Microhardness Tester, Differential Scanning Calorimeter, Atomic Force Microscope and High Temperature Tribometer. I have experience with preparation, characterization and machining of TiNi based Shape Memory Alloys. I have handled Mechanical Engineering Sciences, Manufacturing Technology, Workshop practice and Machine Shop for UG students.I served as a Junior Research Fellow for a SERB funded research project and worked at NITK Surathkal as Assistant Lecturer for a semester during my Ph.D
- B.Tech (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology)
- M.Tech (NIT Agartala
- Manufacturing Technology), Ph.D. (NITK Surathkal, Mechanical Engineering)
- Roy, A., Narendra, N., & Nedelcu, D. (2017). Experimental investigation on variation of output responses of as cast TiNiCu shape memory alloys using wire EDM. International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technology, 9(1), 90-101.
- Roy, A., & Narendranath, S. (2018). Effect of spark gap voltage and wire electrode feed rate on machined surface morphology during Wire EDM process. Materials Today: Proceedings, 5(9), 18104-18109.
- Roy, A., & Narendranath, S. (2018). Impact of variation in wire electro discharge machining responses of homologous TiNiCu shape memory alloys for smart applications: an experimental investigation. Materials Research Express, 5(12), 125701.
- Roy, A., & Sanna Yellappa, N. (2019). Influence of dielectric flushing conditions during WEDM of TiNiCu shape memory alloys. Emerging Materials Research, 8(3), 376-386.
- Roy, A., Narendranath, S., & Pramanik, A. (2020). Effect of peak current and peak voltage on machined surface morphology during WEDM of TiNiCu shape memory alloys. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 34(10), 3957-3961.
- Vishwas, C. J., Girish, L. V., Naik, G. M., Sachin, B., Roy, A., Prashanth, B. Y., & Badiger, R. (2018, June). Effect of Machining Parameters on Surface integrity during Dry Turning of AISI 410 martensitic stainless steel. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 376, No. 1, p. 012127). IOP Publishing.
- Roy, A., & Narendranath, S. (2017). Study of Wire Electro Discharge Machining Accuracy of TiNiCu Shape Memory Alloys through Kerf Analysis. In Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Precision, Meso, Micro and Nano Engineering.
- Roy, A., & Narendranath, S. An Empirical View on Accuracy and Machinability of TiNiCu Shape Memory Alloys during Wire Electro Discharge Machining. In: National Conference on Advanced Materials, Manufacturing and Metrology. Editor: Dr. Samik Dutta, Dr. Shitanshu Shekhar Chakraborty 1(2), 210.
- Soni, H., Narendranath, S., Mashninini, P. M., Roy, A., Binoy, T. S., Jyothi, K., ... & Krishnan, A. (2020). Development and Surface Engineering of TiNi Shape Memory Alloy. In Surface Engineering of Modern Materials (pp. 33-52). Springer, Cham.
- Mechanical Engineering Sciences
- Manufacturing Technology
- General Engineering Practice