Department of Civil Engineering
My primary research interests are in Structural Dynamics, Fatigue & Reliability of Bridges. I am involved in several major research and consultancy works at Department of Civil Engineering. Some of the academic responsibilities such as Head of the Department, Dean (Academics), IQAC Head, and Principal were successfully completed at NIE. I am member in several academic committees in different Engineering Colleges such as BoE, BoS, Academic council member, and so on. I am recognised as research supervisor in VTU and AICTE. I am guiding four doctoral students under VTU University
- B.E. (Mysore Univ.)
- M.E., (IISc)
- Ph.D. (IITB)
- Member of the design team for the construction of various blocks. Honored on 10th April 2011 at Sri. Shankaracharya Bhavan NIEIT, Mysore
- Honored by NIEMC & Teachers Association, NIE, in 2013
- 2014 Best M.Tech thesis award - ACCE (I), Mysore centre
- G. Ravi delivered a special talk on ‘Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures’ at BIT, Sathyamangalam for a two-day National Workshop on Seismic Design of Structures on 5th May 2007
- Lecture delivered by Dr. G. Ravi on ‘EDUSAT programme-XIII’ at VTU Belgaum on 18th, 20th, and 25th October 2010.
- Lecture delivered by Dr. G. Ravi on ‘EDUSAT programme-XVIII’ on CV834 Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures at VTU Belgaum on Feb-Mar 2013.
- Shobha P., G. Ravi & K. Gourav, (2018): “Dynamic Analysis And Testing Of Steel And Wooden Frames”, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology (IJCIET), Volume 9, Issue 6, 264–272
- G. Ravi, S. Raviraj & Umesh, (2013): “Fatigue damage of railway plate girder bridges –A case study”, Journal of structural Engg., Vol.39, No. 6, 698-700.
- G. Ravi, & R. Ranganathan, (1995): “Load spectrum for Railway Bridges in India”. Bridge and Structural Engineer, Vol. 25, No. 1, 1-9.
- G. Ravi, & R. Ranganathan, (1994): “Fatigue Crack Growth Reliability of Riveted Bridges” International Journal of Structures, Vol. 14, No. 2, 103-114.
- K.T. Sundara Raja Iyengar, & G. Ravi, (1989): “Reliability studies of steel structures in Flexure, Tension and Compression”, Institution of Engineers (India, Vol. 69, 245-251.
- G. Ravi, H. S. Prasanna, Vinay M. L. Gowda, (2015): “Soil structure interaction for RCC framed structure – A case study”, 50th Indian Geotechnical Conference 17-19th Dec 2015, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- G. Ravi & Sandeep R, (2015): “Reliability analysis of brick masonry”, Proceedings of the 4th Asian conference on Ecstasy in concrete ICI-ACECON on Advancements in Structural concrete, 8-10 October 2015.
- Suprithnag and G. Ravi, (2014): “Seismic Behavior of Base Isolated steel framed structures from Non-Linear time hisory analysis”, Proceedings of the first annual conference on innovations and developments in civil engineering, ACIDIC-2014, NITK, Surathkal, India, 19-20 May 2014.
- G. Sarangapani, G. Ravi & S. A. Sajid, (2004): “Compressive Strength and Shear bond strength of stone masonry prisms” National conference on material & structures, 23-24, Jan 2004, NIT Warangal.
- G. Ravi, & R. Ranganathan, (2000): “Fatigue Reliability Evaluation Design and Code Calibration of Steel Bridges”, Proceedings of Structural Engineering Convention-2000 (SEC-2000), IIT Bombay, 5-8 Jan 2000.
- G. Ravi, & R. Ranganathan, (1996): “Fatigue Reliability of Railway Steel Bridges”, Proc. of National Seminar on Material and Structures, 1- 6.
- R. Ranganathan, & G. Ravi, (1995): “Fatigue Reliability Analysis of Rivetted Steel Bridges”, Proc. Of National Conference on Civil Engg., Maths, and Str., 424-431
- G. Ravi & R. Ranganathan, (1993): “Critical Study of Fatigue Design of Bridges in India”, IABSE Colloquium, Copenhagen, 45-52.
- G. Ravi, & R. Ranganathan, (1991): “Critical Study of Fatigue Design of Bridges as per BS: 5400 – part 10”, International Symposium on Fatigue and Fracture in Steel and Concrete Structure, 1319-1331.
- A system and method for building arches in foundations for buildings
- Strength of Materials
- Fundamentals of Structural Analysis
- Analysis of Indeterminate Structures
- Matrix Method of Structural Analysis
- Numerical Methods
- Structural Dynamics
- Advanced Mechanics of Solids
- Safety of Structures
- Analysis and Design of Shell Strictures
- Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering