Dr. Jayasankar V N
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
My primary research interests are Renewable Energy, Power Electronics and Power Quality. Currently I am working on a project on ‘Development of research facility for studies on grid connected renewable energy system at distribution level’. I have worked in National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal as a research scholar. My research activities in NITK Surathkal were mainly focused on ‘Grid connection of wind-solar hybrid renewable energy system, with active power filter functionality’. I have worked in Power Development & Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. Bengaluru as Engineer, Power System Studies. The projects handled in PRDC include power evacuation studies, design & rating for Neutral Grounding Reactor for the shunt reactor in substations, overvoltage studies, insulation co-ordination, switching transient and line impedance studies and harmonic analysis.
- B.Tech (Kannur University)
- M. Tech (National Institute of Technology Calicut)
- Ph.D. (National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal)
- V N Jayasankar, U Vinatha, "Modified Instantaneous Power Theory and Fuzzy Logic Based Controller for Grid-connected Hybrid Renewable Energy System with Shunt Active Power Filter Functionality", International Journal on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, 11 (2), 373-388, 2019.
- Jayasankar V N, Vinatha U, “Design of backstepping controller for PV-wind hybrid system with grid-interfacing and shunt active filtering functionality”, International Journal of Power Electronics, Inderscience Publishers, Vol. 9, 2018.
- Jayasankar V N, Vinatha U, “Advanced Control Approach for Shunt Active Power Filter Interfacing Wind-Solar Hybrid Renewable System to Distribution Grid”, Journal of Electrical Systems, Engineering and Scientific Research Groups Publishers, Vol. 14, 2018.
- N B Kumar, V N Jayasankar, U Vinatha, "PI Control Based DC Link Voltage Controller for Grid Integrated Domestic Photo Voltaic Systems", 2019 Innovations in Power and Advanced Computing Technologies (i-PACT), Vellore, India, Jan 2019, pp. 1-8.
- PG Bhat, D R Shetty, V N Jayasankar, U Vinatha, "Design and FPGA Implementation of Dual Self-Tuning Filter based Controller for Single Phase Shunt Active Filter", 2019 Innovations in Power and Advanced Computing Technologies (i-PACT) Vellore, India, Jan 2019, pp. 1-8.
- V N Jayasankar, N B Kumar, U Vinatha, “Enhancement of Load Voltage Compensation using Positive Sinusoidal Sequence Regulator in Fuzzy Logic Controlled Three Phase Series Active Filter”, 2017 IEEE International Conference on Technological Advancements in Power and Energy (TAP Energy 2017), Quilon, India, Dec. 2017, pp. 1-6.
- V N Jayasankar, N B Kumar, U Vinatha, “Grid Connected Hybrid Wind-Solar System with Shunt Active Filter Functionality”, 2nd International Conference on Systems, Energy and Environment (ICSEE – 2017), Kannur, India, Dec. 2017, Vol. 2, pp. 265-270.
- V N Jayasankar, M V Gururaj, U Vinatha, “A study on Hybrid Renewable Energy Source interface to the non-ideal grid at distribution level with power quality improvements”, 2016 IEEE 6th International Conference on Power Systems (ICPS), Bangalore, India, Vol. 6, Mar. 2016, pp. 1-5.
- S Aravind, U Vinatha, V N Jayasankar, “Wind-solar grid connected renewable energy system with series active self tuning filter”, IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, and Optimization Techniques (ICEEOT), Chennai, India, Mar. 2016, pp. 1944-1948.
- VN Jayasankar, U Vinatha, “Implementation of adaptive fuzzy controller in a grid connected wind-solar hybrid energy system with power quality improvement features”, 2016 IEEE Biennial International Conference on Power and Energy Systems: Towards Sustainable Energy (PESTSE), Bangalore, India, Jan. 2016, pp. 1-5.
- M V Gururaj, U Vinatha, V N Jayasankar, Interconnection of wind-solar hybrid Renewable Energy source to the 3 phase-3 wire distribution system along with power quality improvements at the grid side, 2015 IEEE International Conference on Power and Advanced Control Engineering (ICPACE), Bangalore,India, Sep. 2015, pp. 168-172.
- Jayasankar V N, Sindhu T K, “Optimal Design of a Hybrid Micro-grid for a Remote Village”, International Conference on Emerging Technology Trends on Advanced Engineering Research, Quilon, India, Feb. 2012, Vol.2, pp. 1-4.
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Flexible AC Transmission Systems
- Induction Machines and Synchronous Machines
- Flexible AC Transmission Systems
- Smart Grid – Technology and Application
- Research Methodology