Professor and Dean (R&D)
Department of Chemistry
|Phone No:||+91-9845656018, 0821- 4004905|
My major areas of research are Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites; and phase transitions. Many research papers were published in peer reviewed and indexed journals and conferences, also guided one student for PhD, and two patents were filed in 2018. I am a recipient of best paper award in the International conference on molecular association held at Aligarh in 1996. I have successfully completed two major research projects awarded from UGC, New Delhi and VGST-CESEM, Government of Karnataka. I was the subject expert for Chemistry in VTU e-learning program. My book on Engineering Chemistry was published in 2012 by the Wiley India, and revised edition was published in 2014. When it comes to my teaching experience, I have successfully completed 33 years of teaching at NIE, and served the institute at various positions viz. lecturer, assistant professor and HOD; Professor and Head; and Professor & Dean R&D till date. I have professional Life membership for ISC and ISTE
- M.Sc., (University of Mysore)
- Ph.D (IIT, Madras)
- Theoretical study of phase transitions of organic adsorbates at electrochemical interfaces - UGC, 3 Lakhs (2001-2004).
- Development of CIGS based Nanomaterials for PV cell - Co- investigator, VGST-CESEM, Rs. 60 Lakhs, (2011-2014).
- Received Best Paper Award, ICMA-96 at AMU, Aligarh
- Engineering Chemistry in 2012, by Dr. K. Pushpalatha, Published by Wiley India.
- Engineering Chemistry (Revised edition) 2014, by Dr. K. Pushpalatha,Published by Wiley India.
- B. M. Jagajeevanraj, S. Sachhidananda, K. Pushpalatha, K.S. Nithin(2019): “Nanostructured Al0.2Y1.8O3 Semiconductor Assisted Enhancement in PVOH Fortitude to: Withstand High Energy UV Photons: An Opto-Mechanical Study”, Optik, Elseveir, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2019.01.035.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar(2018): “Effect of Co doping on CIS2 thin films”, Chinese Journal of Physics- Elsevier, 56(3), 1147–1157.
- M. Prajwal, M. A. Sangamesha and K. Pushpalatha (2017): “Fabrication and Properties of Conductive Conjugated Polymers / Weaver Ant Silk Fibroin Composite Fibers”, Journal of Nano Technology and Its Application in Engineering, 2 (1), 1-15.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar (2016): “Low Cost CuSSe Thin Film by Non-Vacuum Techniques”, International Journal of Thin Films Science and Technology, 5 (2), 129-135.
- M. Prajwal, M. A. Sangamesha and K. Pushpalatha (2015): “Ant larvae silk fibres mat”, Current Science, 108 (1546), 25-26.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G.L. Shekar (2014): “Structural and Optical Studies of Conducting PANI/CuS Nanocomposites on Nano crystalline Zinc-Oxide Thin Film”, American Journal of Nanotechnology, 5 (1), 1-9, doi:10.3844/ajntsp.2014.1.9.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar (2014): “Synthesis and Characterization of Conducting Polyaniline/Copper Selenide Nanocomposites”, Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science (IJACS), KROS Publications, 2 (3), 223-227.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G.L. Shekar (2013): “Effect of Concentration on Structural and Optical Properties of CuS thin films”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 02 (11), 227-234.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha, G.L. Shekar, and S. Shamsundar (2013): “Preparation and Characterization of Nano crystalline CuS Thin Films for Dye-Sensitized Solar cells”, ISRN Nanomaterials, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, 8, Article ID 829430, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/829430.
- K. Pushpalatha and M.V. Sangaranarayanan (1998): “Phase transitions at mercury / aqueous solution interface: Estimation of critical exponents using spin-1/2 Isingmodelformalism”, Chemical Physics Letters, 288, 216-223.
- K. Pushpalatha and M.V. Sangaranarayanan (1998): “Critical exponents for two-dimensional condensation of organic adsorbates”, Surface Science, 384, 218-223.
- K. Pushpalatha and M.V. Sangaranarayanan (1997): “Two dimensional condensation of organic adsorbates at mercury/aqueous solution interface: Global analysis of critical parameters”, Journal of Electro analytical chemistry, 425, 39-48.
- B. M. Jagajeevanraj, S. Sachhidananda, K. S. Nithin and K. Pushpalatha(2020): “Development and performance evaluation of metal oxide decorated silk fabrics”, International Conference on Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT-20) at SJCE, Mysore, January, 16th–18th.
- M. A. Sangamesha, Lokesh Kumar S, K. Pushpalatha, Nitin K.S., and V. Lakshmi ranganath (2020): “Influence of Copper Selenide nanoparticles on the Structural and Optical Properties of Polyvinyl Alcohol/ Copper Selenide blend Composite”, International Conference on Advances in Materials, Ceramics & Engineering Sciences'(AMCES-2020) at Dayananda sagar college, Bangalore, January,17th–18th.
- B. M. Jagajeevanraj, S. Sachhidananda, K.S. Nithin and K. Pushpalatha (2019): “Silver nano colloid Wrapped Polyurethane Foam based Piezo-resistive Sensors for Smart Intravenous Fluid Dispenser Applications”, International Conference on Frontiers in Materials from Basic Science to Real –time Applications (F2DM) at Jain University, Bangalore, March 13th to 16th.
- Shyamili N.B, Yogitha M, M. A. Sangamesha and K. Pushpalatha (2018): Effect of Cadmium doping on Dye sensitized Poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA) Nanocomposite Films, International Conference on Nanomaterials and their Applications at University of Mysore, March 1-2.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar (2015): “Surface analysis and Optical studies of CuSSe thin films for solar cell”, National Conference onCondensed Matter Physics and Application- Cmpa-2015 at Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal, March27th and 28th.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar(2015): “Effect of concentration on Optical properties of CuS thin films”, Two Day National Conference on Recent Trends in Chemical Biology at JSS College, Ooty Road, Mysore, March2nd and 3rd.
- M.A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar(2015):“Preparation and characterization of weaver ants’ silk - Polyaniline composites”, Natural, Bio polymers and their composites- ICNP201at Mahathma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala,April 10th to 12th.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha, G. L. Shekar, and S. Shamsundar (2013): “Preparation and Characterization of Nanocrystalline ZnO Thin Film on Flexible Substrate by Sol-Gel Method”,FirstIndo-Canadian Symposium on Nano-Science and Technology (ICSNST), at the National Institute of Engineering, Mysore, February 20th -22nd.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha, G. L. Shekar, and S. Shamsundar (2012): “Dye Sensitized Copper sulphide solar cells”, International Conference, Advance Nano Materials ANM 2012 at IIT/Madras, October 17th -19th.
- Pushpalatha, K. (2005): "Condensation of organic adsorbates with reorientation: A spin-1 model formalism" symposia of "International Congress of chemistry and Environment" ICCE- 2005,December 24th-26th.
- Pushpalatha, K. (2003): “Evaluation of critical exponent pertaining to specific heat for organic adsorbates undergoing condensation at electrochemical interfaces- 11th International Conference on Surface and Colloid Science (ICSCS), Brazil, South America, September 15th-19th.
- Pushpalatha, K. (2001): “Mean Field Analysis of Spin-1/2 Ising Model Formalism; Differential Capacitance – Potential plots for Two - Dimensional Condensation of Organic Adsorbates at Mercury – aqueous Solution Interfaces”, International Congress of Chemistry and Environment-, Indore (M.P.), India, December 16th and 18th (cf. Proceedings of ICCE-2001, P.No.127-130).
- Pushpalatha, K and Sangaranarayanan, M.V.(1997): “Two-dimensional condensation of organic adsorbates at mercury/aqueous solution interface: A mean field approach”, IUPAC International Conference on Chemical and Biological Thermodynamics, held at Amritsar, India, during January 5th-8th.
- Pushpalatha, K and Sangaranarayanan, M.V.(1996): “Evaluation of critical parameters for two-dimensional condensation of organic adsorbates at merury/electrolyte solution interface”, First International Conference on Molecular Association 1996, held at Aligarh, India, during March 17-21.
- Multifunctional Polymer Nanocomposite thick film based optical band pass filter and photovoltaic converter (IP-3570-IN-17181077-PPA-2018)
- Polymer based sensors towards structural health monitoring of truck tyres (Developing as a joint venture with TVL, Mysuru)
- A device to tap black carbon and other particulate matter from diesel engine vehicles IP-3940 -IN-18190892 -PAS-2018
- Engineering Chemistry (Theory)
- Engineering Chemistry (Lab)