Dr.L Sukanya Ravishankar
HoD & Professor
Department of Chemistry
I Dr. Sukanya Ravishankar obtained my Ph.D., degree from University of Mysore, India and am working as Professor and Head, Department of Chemistry, The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore, India. My primary research interests includes synthetic organic and medicinal chemistry, however I am also actively working in the areas of nano research and food packaging materials. I have 28 years of academic and 02 years of industrial experience. During my professional career, I have served at various levels in NIE, to name a few, as chairperson of endowment awards for 04 years, chairperson of BOS (Basic Sciences) for 02 years and Head (Department of Chemistry) from 2013-2015 and from 2019 to till date.
Besides, I am also a recognized research guide under VTU and currently few students are working under my guidance. I am also open for both academic and research collaborations
- M.Sc., (Mysore Univ.)
- Ph.D. (Mysore Univ.)
- B. Suresha, B.L. Ravishankar and Sukanya Ravishankar. (2013): “Dynamic mechanical analysis and three-body abrasive wear behavior of epoxy nanocomposites”, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 32(1), 61-71.
- B. Suresha, B.L. Ravishankar and L. Sukanya Ravishankar. (2009): “Role of nanofiller additions on mechanical and dry sliding wear behaviour of epoxy nanocomposites”, Usak University Journal of Material Sciences, 2, 79-94.
- Sukanya L. Ravishankar, Ramesha A. Baba, Rangaswamy and Channe D. Gowda. (2007): “A comparative study of Quinolonium dichromate oxidation with hydrophobic dependence amnioacids; A kinetic and mechanistic approach”, Transition metal Chemistry, 32(3), 407-410.
- Presented a paper at National conference on Scintific , Computational and information research Trends in engineering held at GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women, Mysuru, India. “Synthesis, Characterization and biological investigation of Fe+3, Mg+2, Mo+2, and V+4 complexes of 2-acetyl naptho [2,1-b] furan oxime”, held during January 30, 2016.
- Presented a paper at National conference on pure and applied chemistry, held at Sahyadri Science College, Shimoga, India. “Phytochemical Screening and Analgesic activity of bark extracts of Pajanelia longifolia K.Schum”, held during December 29-31, 2014.
- Presented a paper at National Seminar on Recent Advances in Chemical Biology-An overview, held at Government Science College, Hassan, India. “In vitro Anthelmintic activity of bark extracts of Pajanelialongifolia”, held during March 15-16, 2013.
- Presented a paper at National conference onEmerging trends in Mechanical Engineering, held at Rajarajeshwari college ofengineering, Bangalore, India. “Effect of surface modifications of clay on the mechanical properties and dry sliding wear behavior of epoxy nanocomposites”, held during February 24-25, 2012.
- Presented a paper at International conference on Recent advances in Mechanical Engineering, held at Dr M.G.R Educational and Research Institute University, Adayalampattu, Chennai, India. “Wear Charecteristics of Epoxy nano composites filled with organo modified montmorillonite under three body abrasion”, held during 2012.
- Presented a paper at National Conference on Herbal Medicines in the Era of Globalization, held at Sahyadri Science College, Shimoga, India. “In vitro anthelmintic activity of leaves extracts of Tabernaemontana coronaria”, held during September 10-11, 2011.
- Presented a paper at State level seminar, held at Govt. Science College, Hassan, India. “Oxidation of dipeptides and their constituent amino acids by Quinolonium dichromate in aqueous perchloric acid medium: A kinetic and mechanistic study”, held during October 10, 2009.
- Presented a paper at National conference on Bioorganic and medicinal chemistry conference, held at Manasagangotri, University of Mysore, Mysore, India. “Hydrophobicity oxidation of amino acids using Quinolonium dichromate: A kinetic and mechanistic study”, held on October 05-07, 2005.
- Engineering Chemistry Theory
- Engineering Chemistry Lab