Dr. Mohana Lakshmi J
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
On the research front, I have completed my doctoral degree in the field of Power Electronics and Electric Drives. My doctoral dissertation looks at the use of a relatively improved methodology employing Genetic Algorithm based Extended Kalman filter for sensorless vector control of Induction motor drives particularly used in Electric Vehicles. I am actively working in the areas of Intelligent Control of motor drives in Electric Vehicles, design of high gain dc-dc power converters suitable for fast battery charging in Electric Vehicles/ DC Microgrid, development of smart sustainable systems using IOT for smart cities and remote/virtual laboratories.I have about 8 and half years of experience in teaching. I am a Senior Member of the IEEE and hold society memberships of Power Electronics, Industrial Applications and Power and Energy. I have received the Best Project Guide Award for the project titled Fabrication of Potable Solar Water Purifier and the Best Paper Presenter Award for the research article Performance Analysis of 5-level inverter for Hybrid Distribution Generation System. I have delivered a Keynote address on “Smart Grid and Smart City – A Global Innovation Arena” at IEEE, 2019 International Conference on Power, Energy and Innovation (ICPEI) conducted by Electrical Engineering Academic Association, Thailand. I am a Reviewer Member of various international journals and conferences, including IEEE/Elsevier
- Mohana Lakshmi J, Suresh H. N., Mahajan Sagar Bhaskar, et. al, “Real-Time Implementation of Extended Kalman Filter Observer with Improved Speed Estimation for Sensorless Control”, IEEE Access, 30th March 2021, Vol. 9, pp- 50452 – 50465, https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3069676 (Impact Factor of 3.745/ SCIE indexed H-index-86, Q1)
- Mohana Lakshmi J., Neethu V S, Deeksha R and Raghvendraprasad Deshpande, “Bus Clamped Modulation for Harmonic Minimization in Vector Control of Induction Motor Drives”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology, 12(1), 2021, pp. 760-770 (Scopus Indexed).
- Geetha Kiran A., Mohana Lakshmi J., “Student Centric Pragmatic Approach to Impart Concepts of Python Applications Programming”, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations. (Accepted and in press), July 2020. (Scopus Indexed)
- Arjun G. T., N. S. Jyothi, Mohana Lakshmi J., Neethu V. S., “ Simulation of Vector Controlled Adjustable speed System of Doubly Fed Induction Machine”, International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, vol. 6, Issue June 2018 (indexed in Thomson Reuters with an Impact factor 5.75).
- Arjun G. T., N. S. Jyothi, Mohana Lakshmi J., “ Vector Control of Induction Motor Using Xilinx System Generator”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, vol. 7, Issue 7, pp. 141-149, July 2018. (Indexed in Google Scholar).
- Mohana Lakshmi J, Geetha Kiran A., “Inculcating Glocalization Culture in Young Graduands”, International Journal for Research in Engineering Application and Management, Vol. 4, Special Issue ICSGUPSTM 2018 (indexed in Thomson Reuters with an Impact factor 5.86).
- Geetha Kiran A, Mohana Lakshmi J., “Instigating Research Culture at Institute Level”, International Journal for Research in Engineering Application and Management, Vol. 4, Special Issue ICSGUPSTM 2018 (indexed in Thomson Reuters with an Impact factor 5.86).
- Geetha Kiran A, Mohana Lakshmi J., Nanditha B. R., Swathi H. Y., “ Inter-Departmental Student Projects- Challenges and Benefits”, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, Special Issue Jan. 2018, eISSN 2394-1707.(Scopus indexed)
- A Geetha Kiran, Mohana Lakshmi J, H S Chandrashekar, “An Empirical Vision for Inspiring Students as a Core Driver to meet Global Challenges”, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations; Volume 30, Issue 3, January 2017.
- Mohana Lakshmi J. and H. N. Suresh, “A Robust EKF based Speed Estimator & Fuzzy Optimization Technique for Sensorless Induction Motor Drives”, International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive Systems , vol. 8, issue 1, March 2017, pp. 147-155 (Scopus Indexed, H-index-17, Q2).
- Varaprasad N. L., P. M. Krishna, S. Rajanna, Mohanalakshmi J., Shruthi K and T. S. Shruthi, “ Microcontroller Based DC Motor Control With Fuzzy Maximum Power Point Tracking of PV System”, International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 1315-1319, October 2013.
- Raghavendra N., H. N. Suresh, MohanaLakshmi J., Shruthi K. and Shruthi T.S., Fabrication and Development of Signal Loss Recovery System for AC Drives, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering (IJETAE), vol. 3, issue 8, August 2013, pp.164-171.
- Mohana Lakshmi J., Varsha K. S. Pai and H. N. Suresh, “Non–Linear Speed Estimator and Fuzzy Control for Sensorless IM Drive”, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, Vol. 79, pp. 307-318, Springer – Singapore, 2018 (https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-5828-8_30) (Scopus Indexed, H-index-18, Q3).
- Mohana Lakshmi J, H. N. Suresh, “Accuracy Improvement of Induction Motor Speed Estimation using Improvised Tuning of Extended Kalman Filter Technique”, 13th IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information System 2018 held at Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar, pp. 191-196, 1-2 December 2018.
- Mohana Lakshmi J, H. N. Suresh, Deekshitha N., “Performance Analysis of Five-level Inverter for Hybrid Distribution Generation System”, Third International Conference Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computers and Optimization Techniques at GSSS Institute of Engineering & Technology for Women, Mysuru, during 14-15 December 2018.
- Mohana Lakshmi J. and G. K. Purushothama, A Double Fuzzy based torque ripple minimization for DTC Induction motor drives, Proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent and Autonomous Systems (ICIAS2015), ISBN: 978-93-84659-38-7, Paper ID 40, Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan, November 28 - 29, 2015.
- Rekha H. R., MohanaLakshmi J. and H. N. Suresh, DC Bus Voltage Clamp Method to Prevent Overvoltage Failures, Proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent and Autonomous Systems (ICIAS2015), ISBN: 978-93-84659-38-7, Paper ID 8, Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan, pp. 21-26, November 28 - 29, 2015.
- Mohana Lakshmi J. and H. N. Suresh, Sensorless Vector Control of Induction Motor Drives, International Symposium on Advances in Power Distribution Engineering: Distributed Generation (DG), Micro Grid (MG) & Renewable Integration (RI), National Institute of Engineering, Mysore, 28th & 29th August 2015.
- Mohana Lakshmi J. and H. N. Suresh, “Sensorless Speed Estimation and Vector Control of an induction motor drive using Model Reference Adaptive Control”, in proceedings of International Conference on Power and Advanced Control Engineering at BNMIT, Bangalore from 12th to 14th August, 2015 (published in IEEE Digital Library).
- Mohana Lakshmi J., Nithin Kumar, Mohammed Zilfikar, Bhupinson, “Enhanced Solar Photovoltaic Based Electric Bike Charging Unit using Cascaded Boost Converter”, in the web based 6th National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering & Technology on 15th May, 2020.
- Ramya M V, K R Prakash and Mohana Lakshmi J, Patent Published – “Method and System for Performing Experiments in a Remote Laboratory” – Indian Patent Journal, 201941041529 (Examination completed & awaiting final report)
- Industrial Drives & Applications
- Power Electronics
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Fuzzy Logic and Applications
- Intelligent Application of Electrical Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Modeling and Analysis of Electrical Machines
- DSP Applications to Drives
- AC-DC Drives
- Power Electronic Converters