Dr.N V Raghavendra
Vice Principal and Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering
My area of specialisation is Manufacturing Engineering. Major research interests are Automation Technology and Technology Management. Till date, I have successfully guided two PhD scholars and one MSc (Engg) by Research candidate and presently five research scholars are working for their doctoral thesis under my supervision. About 25 M.Tech students have successfully completed their dissertation under my supervision in the areas of automation, product development, process capability and materials technology.I am the Principal Investigator for the FIST project of DST. Earlier I have served as the Special Officer of VTU-Bosch Rexroth Centre for Automation, Mysore, from 2007 to 2008 and headed the department of Mechanical Engineering at NIE from 2013 to 2015. I have undergone two week training programme on “Hydraulics & Pneumatics” at Bosch Rexroth Training centre in Germany in 2007 and two week training workshop on “Technology Transfer” at Shanghai, China during 2009. I have presented research papers in the international conferences held at IISc, Bangalore; Univ. of Nottingham, UK; University of Scotland, Edinburgh, UK; Univ. of Berkeley, USA; and Athens Institute of Engineering Research, Athens, Greece. I am presently the Vice Principal of NIE
- B.E. (Mysore Univ.)
- M.E.M (Mysore Univ.)
- M.Tech (IIT, Madras)
- Ph.D (IISc, Bangalore)
- Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC)
- Centre for Automation Technologies (DST-FIST)
- Centre for Robotics
- KK Chandriah, NV Raghavendra (2020), “Multi-Objective Optimization for Preemptive and Predictive Supply Chain Operation”, International Journal of Electrical & Computer Engineering, (2088-8708) 10
- S Chandra, Nagaraju, NV Raghavendra, GL Shekar, PMA Khan (2019), “Acquisition of Technological Capability by Firms in the Aerospace Cluster of Bengaluru”, The Asian Journal of Technology Management ,12 (1), 58-69
- KK Chandriah, NV Raghavendra (2018), “Scaling Research Efficacy in Supply Chain Management Towards Industry 4.0 Automation”, Communications, 7, 32-40
- B Suresha, SL Guggare, NV Raghavendra (2016), “Effect of TiO2 Filler Loading on Physico-Mechanical Properties and Abrasion of Jute Fabric Reinforced Epoxy Composites”, Materials Sciences and Applications, 7 (9), 510-526
- S Chandra, GL Shekar, NV Raghavendra (2015), “Aerospace Cluster Of Bangalore: Can The SMEs Take Up The Challenges?”, Journal of Asian Business Strategy, 5 (9), 191-199
- Lakshmikantha K.S, M. V. Achutha, N.V. Raghavendra, Madhushekar (2015), “Human Activity Recognition through Accelerometer Sensor Using Data Mining”, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology (IJRASET), Volume 3 Issue VIII, August 2015
- SS Prabhakara, NV Raghavendra (2013), “Industrial Cluster and Technological Dynamism: Study of Bangalore Machine Tool Cluster”, International Journal of Business and Systems Research, 7 (2), 158-167
- SS Prabhakara, NV Raghavendra (2012), “Does Clustering of Enterprises Foster Technological Learning?: Insights from the Bangalore Machine Tool Cluster in South India”, International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, 5(4)
- PK Kumar, NV Raghavendra, BK Sridhara (2012), “Effect of Infrared Cured Parameters on the Mechanical Properties of Polymer Composite Laminates”, Journal of composite materials, 46 (5), 549-556
- PK Kumar, NV Raghavendra, BK Sridhara (2011), “Development of Infrared Radiation Curing System for Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites: An Experimental Investigation”, India Indian Journal of Engineering and Materials Sciences, 18(1):24-30
- PK Kumar, NV Raghavendra, BK Sridhara (2011), “Optimization of Infrared Radiation Cure Process Parameters for Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites”, Materials & Design 32 (3), 1129-1137
- NV Raghavendra, MH Bala Subrahmanya (2006), “Development of a Measure for Technological Capability in Small Firms”, International Journal of Innovation and Learning, 3 (1), 31-44
- NV Raghavendra, MHB Subrahmanya (2005), “Collective Efficiency and Technological Capability in Small Firms: Evidence From Two Foundry Clusters in South India”, International Journal of Management and Enterprise Development, 2 (3-4), 325-348
- NV Raghavendra, MH Bala Subrahmanya (2005), “Industrial Clusters and Technological Capability in Small Firms: An Empirical Study of Two Foundry Clusters in South India”, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 2 (4), 358-376
- Sharath Chandra. N, G. L. Shekar, N. V. Raghavendra (2017), “Offset Policy and Its Impact on Aerospace Industry in India”, TIE 2017: EAI International Conference on Technology, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Education, Canterbury, England. September 11-12, 2017
- Sharath Chandra. N, G. L. Shekar, N. V. Raghavendra (2016), “Aerospace Industry of India: Analysis of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats”, 2016 7th International Conference on Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (ICMAE), IEEE, London, July 18-20. London, UK.
- Sharath Chandra. N, G. L. Shekar, N. V. Raghavendra (2014), “Aerospace Cluster of Bangalore: Current Scenario and Future Prospects”, 2nd International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering and Management, VVCE, Mysuru, 17 – 19, July 2014. ICCTEM-2014
- N.V.Raghavendra, S.S.Prabhakara (2013), “Do Industrial Clusters Foster Technological Capability: A Comparative Study of Small and Large Scale Firms in Bangalore Machine Tool Cluster”, Presented at the International Conference on Systems Engineering and Engineering Management 2013, San Francisco, USA, 23-25 October, 2013
- S.S.Prabhakara, N.V.Raghavendra (2011), “Industrial Clusters and Technological learning in SMEs : Study of Bangalore Machine Tool Cluster”, Presented at the International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (IE 2011)" at Singapore, 25-26 July, 2011.
- S.S.Prabhakara, N.V.Raghavendra (2011), “ Acquisition of Technological Capability in SMEs: A Case Study of Bangalore Machine Tool Cluster”, Presented at the International conference on Operational Excellence for Global Competitiveness, Febrauary 3rd – 5th 2011, RVCE, Bangalore. The paper won the ‘Best Paper award’.
- Kirankumar.P, N.V.Ragahavendra and B.K.Sridhara (2011),“Development of Process Parameters for Infrared Cured Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites” Presented at National Conference on Developments in Composite Materials and Processes ( DCMP -2011) April 7th - 9th 2011 pp 218- 231, held at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore Road, Bangalore.
- Kirankumar.P, N.V.Ragahavendra and B.K.Sridhara (2011), “The Effect of Combined Infrared Radiation and Thermal Curing Conditions on the Properties of Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composites”, Presented at the International Conference on Composites for 21st Century: Current & Future Trends. Jointly organized by Indian Institute of Science and North Carolina A & T State University, USA, Jan 2011, pp 598-603.
- S.S.Prabhakara, N.V.Raghavendra (2010), “Industrial Cluster and Technological Dynamism: Study of Bangalore Machine Tool Cluster”, International Conference on Advanced Materials, Manufacturing, Management and Thermal Sciences [AMMMT – 2010], SIT, Tumkur, November, 2010.
- P. Kiran Kumar, N.V. Raghavendra, B.K. Sridhara (2009), “Comparative Analysis of Infrared and Thermal cured Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composite Laminates”, International conference on Advanced Composites in Construction, (ACIC 2009), University of Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K., 1-3 September, 2009.
- Kirankumar.P, N.V.Raghavendra and B.K.Sridhara (2007), “Studies on Infrared cured Glass fiber Reinforced Polymer Composite Laminates.”, Presented at the International symposium on Advanced Materials and processing (ISAMP 2007), Bagalkot Engineering College , Bagalkot, Nov 2007.
- N.V.Raghavendra (2005), “Technological Capability and Collective Efficiency in Small Industry Clusters’, International Conference on Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, organized by ATINER, Lefkada, Greece, September, 2005.
- N.V.Raghavendra (2002), “ Are Industrial Clusters Conducive for Acquiring Technological Capability?: Evidence from two Foundry Clusters in South India”, International Conference on Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development, organized by European research Press Ltd., Nottingham U.K., April 2002.
- N.V.Raghavendra (2001), “Technological Capability: A new Mantra for promotion of small Firms”, National Consortium of Management Research Students, The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, September, 2001.
- N.V.Raghavendra (2001),“Impact of Collective Efficiency on Technological Capability: Evidence from two Foundry Clusters in South India”, International Conference on Economy, Environment and Society, Organized jointly by Texas A & M Univ., USA and UAS, Bangalore, July, 2001.
- KK Chandriah, NV Raghavendra (2018), “Architectural Framework for Industry 4.0 Compliance Supply Chain System for Automotive Industry”, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, Vol. 986.
- Sharath Chandra. N, G. L. Shekar, N. V. Raghavendra (2017), “Offset Policy and Its Impact on Aerospace Industry in India”, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Springer, Vol. 532.
- Fluid Power Systems
- Control Engineering
- Coordinate Metrology and Research Methodology
- Product Life Cycle Management