Dr.Prakash K R
Department of Mechanical Engineering
My primary research interest is new material, automation and control .Over 25 years of experience out of which 10 years in industries and remaining in academia. looking at the experience I was given an opportunity by Visvesvaraya Technological University(VTU) to undergo training in automation technology at Germany and later worked as Special officer for VTU during 2006-2011 to develop a centre of excellence in automation technology with the collaboration of Bosch Rexroth, this assignment has given me a lot of strength to solve technical problems in the field of automation, as result of this experience from 2011 I am working as professor in NIE and Program Coordinator for Industrial automation and robotics also developed centre for robotics and controls and centre for automation technology to support research scholars in the area of sensor materials, material coating, automation, robotics and IoT. During the period from 2006 to till date conducted trainings to more than 2500 students across vtu colleges and trained more than 400 faculties from different states, for my contribution to this field VTU has honoured in the year-2019
- BE (Mechanical Engineering), 1990, Bangalore University
- M’Tech (Maintenance Engineering) 1993, SJCE-Mysuru
- PhD (Mechanical Engineering), 2011, Visvesvaraya Technological University Courses
- DST-FIST Centre for Automation Technology – 97 Lakhs (Duration 2014-2019)
- Centre For Robotics and controls -50 Lakhs (Duration 2014-2019)
- New Age Incubation (NAIN) –Projects -15 Lakhs (2015- Ongoing)
- .Certified Trainer for Bosch in Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Honored for Service provided in bringing funds to NIE
- B. M. Girish, K. R. Prakash, B. M. Satish, Pradeep Jain,(2011) K. Bavya Devi “Need for optimization of graphite particle reinforcement in ZA-27 alloy”,Materials Science and Engineering A,Volume 530,Issue-1,Page-382–388.
- B.M. Girish, K.R. Prakash, B.M. Satish , P.K. Jain(2011)“An investigation into the effects of graphite particles on the damping behavior of ZA-27 alloy composite material composites for tribological applications”, Materials and Design, Volume 32,Issue-1,Page1050–1056.
- Amriya Tasneem H. R. Dr. K. R. Prakash and S.N. Ravi Shankar (2012)“Introduction of PLC-Based Remote Laboratory for Modular Mechatronics System” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering ,Volume 2,Issue-7,page328-333, 2012
- Harsha B V & K R Prakash(2013) “Control of Seam Welding for an Axle Housing Using Programmable Logic Controller” International Journal on Mechanical Engineering and Robotics, Issue-2, Volume-1,page-1-7.
- Sandeep S & K. R. Prakash (2013)“Automation of Loading and Unloading to CNC Turning Center”, International Journal on Mechanical Engineering and Robotics, Vol. 1, Issue 2,Page-8-12.
- Vinush.G, M.V.Achutha and K.R.Prakash(2015) “Dry Sliding Wear Behaviour of Nickel Aluminide coated on Zinc Aluminium alloy Metal Matrix Composite for Anti friction Applications”, International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, Issue 03, Volume 05 page-1836-1840.
- Ramya.V and K.R.Prakash (2017)“Wi-Fi Controlled Automatic Food Maker” published in IEEE,Volume-978-1-5386-236 IEEE, Issue 1,page704-708.
- Ravi Kumar and K.R.Peakash(2018)“Mathematical Modeling Of Unsaturated Isophthalic Resin’s Curing Cycle” International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, Vol. 8, Issue 2, page 805-810.
- Kaushik ,C,N and K.R.Prakash(2015)“Design and Development of Automation System for Polyurethane Foaming Machine”, International Journal of Research Studies in Science, Engineering and Technology Volume 2, Issue 6, PP 33-41.
- Prakash.K.R,Ramya and Vinutha(2015)“Mobile Robotics Software Reviews”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Advanced Engineering Issue 5, Volume 2 page-78-84.
- K. R. Prakash, Ravikumar Beeranur and Pradeep Kumar (2017)“Development of Etch Surface on Eus Needle”, International Journal of Research,Issue 08,Volume 04, 786-791, 2017
- Sudhanva S,Dr K R Prakash and Balaji Sunil Kumar(2017)“Implementation of drive kinematics for a self-driving Car”, International Journal of Engineering Development and Research, Issue 02, Volume 05,page-1444-1456, 2017
- Mrs. Ramya M V, Dr. G. K. Purushothama and Dr. K R Prakash(2017)“PLCs based Remote Laboratory Platform for Learning Electrical Drive Control Applications”, International Conference on Signal, Image Processing Communication and Automation,Issue-1page-74-76, 2017
- Neha M R, Mr.Madan G, Dr.K R Prakash ,Mr.Shivraj C.S(2019) “Design and Development of Smart Containers using Smart Sensors to Maintain Inventory”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Issue-6, Volume-6,page-593-598.
- Rakshitha.M.J, Mr.Madan G, Dr.K.R.Prakash,and Mr.Shivraj.C.S(2019) “Design and Development Automated Food Maker”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Issue-6, Volume-6,page-599-603.
- Mallaradhya H M, K R Prakash(2013) “Automatic Liquid Filling to Bottles of Different Height Using Programmable Logic Controller”, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering, Issue-4,Volume-1,Page-9-11.
- Ramana Srinivas, Dr. K.R Prakash (2019)“Design & Development of a Prototype of an Agri-bot for Multiple Farming Applications & n,p, k Sensing (Nitrate, Phosphorus, Potassium) ”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Issue-10, Volume-7,page-1-6.
- Bharat.T.S, Shyamprasad and Prakash.K.R(2019)“Design and Development of Automated & Programmable Testing Rig for Sensor Characterization”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Volume 7, Issue 10, page-1-5, 2019
- “Implementation of Lane Centering Algorithm using Model Predictive Controller”International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Volume 7, Issue 10, page-1-5,2019
- Poornachandra Tejasvi T M, K R Prakash(2019)“Automation of NetAct Integration Process using Robot Framework”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Volume 7, Issue 10,page-1-4,2019
- Umesh.V,J.B.Simha,K.R.Prakah and Praveen.M.P(2019)“New Frame Work for Robot Assisted Minimum Invasive Surgery”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology,Volume-29,No3,page-476-482,2019
- RAVIKUMAR.V, PRAKASH.K.R& NITHIN.K.S.(2020)“Strain Sensing and Characterization of CNFs Wrapped with polyaniline/Polypyrrole based polymer composites”, International Journal of Mechanical and Production engineering Research and Development , Vol10,Issue-2,page-1267-1274.
- 6018/CHE/2014-[Our Ref: IP-2047-IN-14150274-NPA-2015]-A SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR COOKING USING A PROGRAMMABLE COOKING DEVICE
- Real-Time Remote Laboratory Kit for Engineering Education-Ref. No. PS00002758
- Drives and Controls for Automation
- Sensors and its application in manufacturing
- Modelling, Simulation and Analysis of Manufacturing systems
- Dynamics of Machinery
- Theory of Machines
- Control Engineering
- Hydraulic and Pnuematics
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing
- Industrial Automation and Robotics