Dr. R Chidanandappa
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|About Me:||My primary research interests are in Distribution automation ,Smart grid with a Power electronics control and Power quality problems. However, I am also quite interested in Electric vehicle integration to grid with battery storage application. My doctoral and Masters students tend to work in these areas. Other than my own research and student supervision, I am the PG -Power System programme coordinator, Head of Centre of Excellence - Centre of Energy Management and Testing of Electrical Apparatus (CEMATEA) in Electrical and Engineering department and actively involved in Industrial consultancy and Testing. I am working with the VGST KFIST- L1 sanctioned Research project titled ”Establishment of Real time monitoring system R&D Facility for efficient operation of Campus power distribution network” with research fund Rs.20 Lakhs. I am reviewer of International Journal paper Electrical systems and components, Taylor and Francis group. I am the member of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) Committee at institute level.|
- B E (Kuvempu University)
- M. Tech (VTU, Belagavi)
- Ph D (VTU, Belagavi)
- International Journal Paper Reviewer - Electrical Systems and Components, Taylor and Fransis group.
- Venkatesh, A., Pradeepa H., Chidanandappa R., Shankar Nalinakshan., and Jayasankar V.N, S. “Brushless Motor Performance Optimization by Eagle Strategy with Firefly and PSO”International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology:2106.11135(2020), pp146- 153
- Hemanth Gurumurthy ., SureshaBheemappa. , RudramuniChidanandappa. , Pradhyumna Bhat "Optimization of Bio-based Liquid Transformer Insulator using MOORA Method." Electric Power Components and Systems 48.12-13 (2020): 1401-1409.
- Chidanandappa. R, Dr. T. Ananthapadmanabha, Anjali G (2017) “Network Reconfiguration of Radial Distribution Network with DG using Cuckoo Search algorithm” International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 6.
- Chidanandappa. R, Dr. T. Ananthapadmanabha, Ranjith. H.C (2016) “Multiobjective Elitism based Genetic algorithm for Service Restoration Planning through Feeder Reconfiguration in Distribution System with DG” Journal of Electrical engineering, Politehnica, Romania, volume -16, issue-1, pp-365-374.
- Chidanandappa. R, Dr.T. Ananthapadmanabha, Ranjith. H.C, (2015) “Genetic algorithm-based Network Reconfiguration in distribution system with multiple DGs for time varying loads”, Published in International Journal Elsevier's "Procedia Technology" volume 21, pp. 460 – 467.
- Chidanandappa. R, Dr. T. Ananthapadmanabha, Vishwanath.S(2015) “Priority algorithm based coordinated voltage control for distribution systems with distributed wind generators”, International Journal Elsevier’s “Procedia Technology”, volume 21 , pp 368 – 375.
- Chidanandappa. R, Pushpalatha, Dr. T. Ananthapadmanabha, (2014) “Performance analysis of current source fed induction motor drive with direct torque control” International Journal of Advanced research in Electrical Electronics and Instrumentation engineering, volume -3, issue-9, pp-12075-12084.
- T. Ananthapadmanabha H Pradeepa ,Chidanandappa. R, A D Kulkarni, (2011) “Voltage stability constrained Available Transfer Capability calculations using MATLAB” International Journal of analysis and computation Vol.No.1, pp27-37.
- Chidanandappa. R, Dr.T. Ananthapadmanabha, Ozwin Dominic Souza (2010)” Bandgap Reference Generator for Converter Applications” International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp130-134.
- Chidanandappa. R, Hemashree M (2018) “Performance analysis of solar PV Generation System” proceedings of International Conference on Innovations in Engineering, Technology and Sciences- (ICIETS), NIE-IT ,Mysore during September 21-22 ,2018
- Chidanandappa. R, Dr. T. Ananthapadmanabha, Pooja H R (2017) “PSO based Distribution System Network Reconfiguration with PV-type multiple DGs”, proceedings of International Conference Smart grid, Power and Control Engineering -ICSPACE 2017 , Glob.al Academy of Technology , Bengaluru, during 17th -19th April 2017.
- Chidanandappa. R, Dr. T. Ananthapadmanabha, Ranjith. H.C (2016) “Genetic algorithm-based Service Restoration in distribution systems with multiple DGs for time varying load”, in proceedings of IEEE Biennial international conference on Power and Energy Systems towards sustainable energy –PESTSE 2016 during January 21st -23rd 2016, Amrita school of Engineering Bangalore. (Available in IEEE Explore digital library)
- Chidanandappa. R, Dr. T. Ananthapadmanabha, (2016) “An Integrated Gravitational Search Multi-Objective Algorithm for Distribution Network Feeder Reconfiguration with DGs”, in proceedings of IEEE- International Conference on Electrical Electronics, and Optimization Techniques (ICEEOT) – during March 3-5, 2016, DMI College of Engg. Chennai. (Available in IEEE Explore digital library)
- Chidanandappa R, Vishwanath.S, T. Ananthapadmanabha, (2015) “Priority algorithm based coordinated voltage control for distribution systems with distributed wind generators”, in proceedings of International Conference on Smart Grid Technologies, held at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore during 6th to 8th of August, 2015.
- T.Ananthapadmanabha, Chidanandappa. R, H.Pradeepa, ,A.D.Kulkarni (2012) “Optimal placement of Distributed Generator and Service restoration in Distribution System”, in proceedings of International Conference on Power and Energy Systems, April 2012, Hong Kong, published in Lecture Notes, Information Technology, Vol.13, page 29-35,2012.
- Ananthapadmanabha, H. Pradeepa, Chidanandappa R, A.D. Kulkarni (2012) “Performance Analysis of grid connected hybrid Wind/Diesel /Micro turbine generation System” proceedings of International Conference on Power and Energy Systems,11-13 April 2012, Hong Kong. Lecture Notes in Information Technology, Vol.13, page 23-28 during 2012
- H Pradeepa, Dr.T. Ananthapadmanabha, Chidanandappa. R,(2011)“Performance evaluations of Distributed Generators in Distribution system” proceedings of 26th Indian Engineering Congress IEC Bangalore, during 15th -18th Dec 2011.
- T. Ananthapadmanabha, H Pradeepa, Chidanandappa.R, (2011) “Substation Expansion –planning of Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL) Mysore zone - A Case study” proceedings of 26th Indian Engineering Congress IEC Bangalore during 15th -18th Dec , 2011.
- T. Ananthapadmanabha, Dr.A.D. Kulkarni , R.Chidanandappa, H Pradeepa ,Vishwanath G, Er.A.S Satish (2011) “Service Restoration in Distribution system through Reconfiguration using Data mining technique” Proceedings of 26th Indian Engineering Congress IEC Bangalore, page 77 during 15th-18th Dec 2011.
- Electrical Power Quality
- High Voltage Engineering
- HVDC Power Transmission
- DC Machines and Transformer
- Power System Operation and Control
- Advanced Power System Analysis and Stability
- Power System Dynamics and Control
- Power Electronics Converters and Applications
- Electrical Power Distribution Automation and control