Dr. Rohini Nagapadma
Professor & Principal
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Phone No:||99806 07517|
My primary research interest is in the area of Image Processing. I am having 30+ years of Experience in the field of teaching. I was privileged to be HoD in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering for about 15 years. I’ve stood by the Department and the Institution in thick and thin and successfully steered it through, being the instrumental in its overall development .The experience and insights I’ve picked up on my journey has copiously aided me to evaluate Ph. D thesis’s solemnly. Several times I’ve been an examiner for the Ph. D defence as well. I have reviewed different papers in IEEE transactions and various International Journals and conferences which surely has widened my perspectives and horizons over time.
One of my research students is awarded the Ph. D Degree under VTU Belegavi. I am currently guiding four Ph. D students in quite a few vivid areas encompassing pioneering areas like Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Speech processing, Image Processing, IoT etc .
Salila Hegde is working on Implementation and relative evaluation of Medical image compression schemes using Number Theoretic Transform and its variants and comparative analysis with existing algorithms The research has resulted in successful implementations of fast and lossless compression schemes for the medical images .As medical image compression demands for lossless technique, it poses to be a potential alternate transform as it exhibits errorless operations. One of the students Sharmila B S focusses her work on developing an Intrusion detection system for Internet of Things using deep neural networks. The research area opens avenues into providing network security for IoT devices. IoT devices being resource constrained optimization in terms of power and memory is also taken into consideration. Ashwini D S is working on Machine Learning Based Approach for Developing an Efficient Sign Language Recognition the heart of which is to devise a Sign language recognition system that can efficiently and accurately translate sign language into text or speech using advanced Machine learning classifier to increase the system performance. Aneeta S Antony is working on Design and Development of a technique for recognition and comparison of disordered speech with normal speech in Kannada Language. The crux of this work is to develop a system to help those with speech disorders to recognize the speech and help them asses their accuracy and effectiveness of their speech thereby standing by them as a support system to aid in speech training.
Certain activities that I’ve pursued with enthusiasm and vigour are delivering a good number of talks in workshops, conferences, Faculty Development Programs. The sessions delivered has aided me to evolve, learn and deliver better each time. I am a branch counsellor of NIE IEEE student branch and also member of IEEE and IETE Professional society. I have several publications in renowned Journals. I have published 10+ National/ International Journals and 15+ National/International Conferences. I am also a member for various committees that demands strong mettle and equity, like Local Inspection Committee (LIC), VTU, Belagavi, Board of Studies (BoS) and Board of Examination (BoE) of reputed institutions. The activities besides solely academics alone has made my professional life a wholesome one.
- B.E. (University of Mysore, Mysuru)
- M. Tech (IIT Madras, Chennai)
- Ph. D (VTU, Belagavi)
- Investigative Studies on Number theoretic transform and its variants and their applications in signal and image processing using software and hardware techniques. Funding Agency: NIE-CRD (2017-18 Ongoing)
- Rohini Nagapadma,Salila Hegde, 2020 “Medical Image Compression Scheme Using Number Theoretic Transform” Computer Vision and Machine Intelligence in Medical Image Analysis, Springer, Singapore, Pages 43-53.
- Rohini Nagapadma, Salila Hegde 2019 “Finite Field Discrete Cosine Transform for Image Processing Applications” International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT) Volume 8, Issue 5.
- Rohini Nagapadma, Salila Hegde 2019 “Number theoretic transforms for fast digital computation” International journal of Research in Advent Technology, Volume 7, Issue 5, Pages 397-401
- Rohini Nagapadma, Salila Hegde 2017 “Lossless Compression Scheme for Regular Images using Number Theoretic Transform” International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume 158, Issue 9.
- Rohini Nagapadma, Ameen Ahsan, Nikhil B, Revanth M. R, Manjunatha 2017 “A Novel Constant Current Hot Wire Anemometer” IJESC (International Journal for Science and Computing), Vol. 7, Issue 4, ISSN 2250-1371.
- Rohini Nagapadma, S Padmashree 2016 “Area Optimized High Speed Parallel Architecture with Internal Pipelined Structure for Fic on FPGA” Far East Journal of Electronics and Communications, Volume 16, Issue 1, Pages 49.
- Rohini Nagapadma, Narasimha Kaulgud, Salila Hegde 2015 “Accelerating Huffman Algorithm using Multicore Platform” Journal of the Instrument Society of India, ISOI, IISC, Volume 45 Issue 4 Pages 233-235.
- Rohini Nagapadma, S Padmashree 2015 “Performance measure analysis between anisotropic diffusion filter and bilateral filter for post processing of fractal compressed medical images” International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume 123, Issue 12.
- Rohini Nagapadma, S Padmashree 2014 “Comparative Assessment of Fractal Image Compression with and without Neural Networks for Medical Images” International Journal on Recent Trends in Engineering, Volume 11, Issue 2, Pages 144.
- Rohini Nagapadma, S Padmashree 2013 “Comparative analysis of JPEG compression and fractal image compression for medical images”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Volume 5, Issue 11, Pages 1847.
- Rohini Nagapadma, S Padmashree 2012 “Comparative analysis of quad-tree partitioned iterated function systems for medical images” International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume 59, Issue 14.
- Rohini Nagapadma, Salila Hegde 2019 “Medical Image Compression Scheme Using Number Theoretic Transform”, First International Symposium on Computer Vision and Machine Intelligence in Medical Image Analysis, organized by Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim, India during 26th & 27th February 2019.
- Rohini Nagapadma, Sharmila B S 2018 “KNN classification using Multi-core Architecture for Intrusion Detection System” ICCCS-2018 organized by Dronacharya College of Engineering Gurgaon, during 1st to 2nd December 2018.
- Rohini Nagapadma, K Chandrashekar, Sumukh R Bhat, S L Abhilasha, N Ullas Raj, K Srikrishna, R Gopal Krishne Urs 2018 “Deposition of nano-structured multilayer coatings of Cu 2 ZnSnS 4 (CZTS) thin films by vacuum thermal evaporation method” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Volume 402, Number 1 (2018) 2nd International conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (ICAME 2018) organized by SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, India during 22nd to 24th March 2018.
- Rohini Nagapadma, Anita S Antony 2017 “Prepaid electricity billing system using GSM technology” ISCCDA17 (International Symposium on Cloud Computing and Data Analytics) Organized by NIE, Mysuru, during 17th & 18th March 2017
- Rohini Nagapadma, S Padmashree, 2016 “Different Approaches for Implementation of Fractal Image Compression On Medical Images” International Conference On Electronics, Communication, Computer Technologies and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT-2016) organized by GSSS Institute of Engineering & Technology for Women during 9th and 10th December 2016
- Rohini Nagapadma, S Padmashree, 2015 “Performance Comparison of Image Compression Algorithms” Proceedings of second international conference on signal processing, image processing and VLSI (ICRTSIV-2015) organized by Don Bosco Institute of Technology during 2015.
- A system and method for automatic subjective correction of vision (Applied)
- Multimedia Communication
- Digital Signal Processing
- Digital Image Processing
- Telecommunication Switching
- Wireless Communication
- Mobile Communication
- Wireless Networks
- Signals and Systems
- Multimedia Communications
- Protocol Engineering
- Research Methodology
- Microprocessor and Microcontrollers (IAR)