Dr. Rohit K Mathew
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
My primary research interests are Investigations on Enhancing the Power Grid Resilience, Power system Restoration, Distributed Generation and Microgrids and Blackstart studies. During my PhD at National Institute of Technology Calicut my research focus was mainly on the formulation of novel resiliency indices for the grid and development of an optimal framework for enhancing the grid resilience under extreme events
- B.Tech (Government Engineering College Thrissur)
- M.Tech (UCE, Rajasthan Technical University)
- Ph.D (National Institute of Technology Calicut)
- Rohit K. Mathew, Ashok S. and Kumaravel S. “An Efficient and Fast Fault recovery algorithm for a Resilient Grid under Extreme Events”, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects,org/10.1080/15567036.2019.1652371, 2019.
- Rohit K. Mathew, Ashok S., Kumaravel S. and Anuranj N J. “An Improved Algorithm for Power Distribution System Restoration Using Microgrids for Enhancing Grid Resiliency”, Electric Power Components and Systems Journal., vol. 46, no. 16–17, pp. 1731–1743, 2018.
- Rohit K. Mathew, Ashok S. and Kumaravel S. “Analytical Modeling for Assessing the Impact of DG on Distribution system Reliability”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research., vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 507–512, 2015.
- Rohit K. Mathew, Ashok S. and Kumaravel S. “Resilience assessment using microgrids in radial distribution network”, IEEE 7th Power India International Conference PIICON 2016, Bikaner, pp. 6–9, 2016.Anuranj N J, Rohit K. Mathew, Ashok S. and Kumaravel S. “Resiliency based power restoration in distribution systems using microgrids”, IEEE 6th International Conference on Power Systems ICPS 2016, IIT Delhi, pp. 1–5, 2016.
- Rohit K. Mathew, Ashok S. and Kumaravel S. “Resilience assessment of Electric Power Systems: A scoping study”, IEEE Students' Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science, MANIT Bhopal, pp. 1–4, 2016.
- Amit Bhimte, Rohit K. Mathew, and Kumaravel S., “Development of smart energy meter in LabVIEW for power distribution systems,” 2015 Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), pp. 1–6, 2015.
- Rohit K. Mathew, Ashok S. and Kumaravel S. “Impact of rooftop Solar PV based DG on reliability of distribution systems”, International Conference on Energy, Power and Environment. Towards Sustainable Growth, ICEPE 2015, NIT Meghalaya,pp. 1–6, 2015.
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Energy Auditing and Management
- Smart Grid
- Non-Conventional Energy Sources
- Power Systems
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation Techniques
- Research Methodology
- Electrical Power Distribution Automation and Control