Dr. Shankar Nalinakshan
Associate Professor & Deputy Dean(AA)
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
My primary research interests are control systems, process control and neural networks. During my Ph.D. in National Institute of Technology Calicut, my research focus was in process dynamics & control systems. One of my research publication was honoured with the best paper award from Christ deemed to be University Bangalore. First rank for the academic excellence during M.Tech course is another noticeable honour.
- B. Tech (Anna University Chennai)
- M. Tech(Anna University Chennai)
- Ph.D (National Institute of Technology Calicut)
- Best Paper Award
- M. Tech - Control & Instrumentation – First Rank Holder
- Venkatesh, Appalabathula, Shankar Nalinakshan, and M. Tony Aby Varkey. "Consistency of Extended Kalman Filtering and Particle Filtering Techniques for the State Estimation of Brushless DC Motor." Recent Advances in Power Electronics and Drives. Springer, Singapore, (2021).pp 327-337.
- Venkatesh, A., Pradeepa H., Chidanandappa R., Shankar Nalinakshan., and Jayasankar V.N, S. “Brushless Motor Performance Optimization by Eagle Strategy with Firefly and PSO”International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology:2106.11135(2020), pp146- 153
- Venkatesh, A., Shankar Nalinakshan., Kiran S.S., and Pradeepa H. "Energy transmission control for a Grid-connected modern power system Non-Linear loads with a Series Multi-Stage Transformer Voltage Reinjection with controlled converters."(2020); pp 97 – 101.
- Shankar Nalinakshan, V. Sivasubramanian, Vineesh Ravi, Aneesh Vasudevan, M.S. Ramya Sankar, K. Arunachalam, “Progressive crude oil distillation: An energy-eﬃcient alternative to conventional distillation process”, Fuel 239(2019), 1331 – 1337 (SCI Impact Factor: 5.12).
- Shankar Nalinakshan., Sivasubramanian Velmurugan., Aneesh Vasudevan., Arunachalam K., “Simulation, Optimization and Analysis of Energy Saving in Crude oil Distillation Unit”, International Journal of Oil Gas and Coal Technology, Vol. 18, Nos. 3/4, 2018(SCI Impact Factor: 0.582).
- S. Ramya Sankar , V. Sivasubramanian,, E.V. Vidya Vijay , M. Jerold , J. Kanimozhi , P. Sinu , N. Shankar “Kinetic, isothermal and thermodynamic investigation on electrocoagulation of Congo red dye removal from synthetic wastewater using aluminium electrodes”, Desalination and Water Treatment, 122(2018), 339-350(Aug 2018) ( SCI Impact factor: 1.38)
- Shankar N., Sivasubramanian V., Arunachalam K., “Steady State Optimization and Characterization of Crude oil using Aspen HYSYS”,Petroleum Science and Technology, 34 (13), (2016), 1187-1194 ( SCIImpact Factor: 0.981).
- Shankar N,AneeshV.,SivasubramanianV,“Aspen Hysys based Simulation and Analysis of Crude Distillation Unit”, International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology Vol.5, No.4 (Aug2015)
- Shankar Nalinakshan, AneeshVasudevan., SivasubramanianVelmurugan, Arunachalm K., “ Progressive Crude oil Distillation: An Alternative to Conventional Distillation Process- Evaluation using Process Simulator”, International Conference on Energy and Environment Global Challenges” , Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Calicut (March 2018).
- Vinod V.P., Shankar Nalinakshan, Albert Singh, “Analysis of Intelligent Controllers in an Autonomous PV-FC Microgrid”, International Conference on Energy and Environment Global Challenges”, Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Calicut (March 2018).
- Manoj Kumar T, Shankar Nalinakshan, Albert Singh, “An Improved Differential Evolution Algorithm for Multi ObjectiveEnvironmental Economic Power Dispatch Problem”, International Conference on Energy and Environment Global Challenges” , Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Calicut (March 2018).
- Ramya Sankar M S, Vidya Vijay EV, Jerold M, Kanimozhi J, Sinu P, Shankar N, Sivasubramanian V., “Congo Red Dye Removal from Synthetic Wastewater using Electrocoagulation: Kinetic study and Process Performance” International Conference on Energy and Environment Global Challenges”, Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Calicut (March 2018).
- Shankar N.,Shreenesh T.V., SivasubramanianV., “Evaluation of Progressive Crude oil Distillation Process using Process Simulator”, Kerala Science Congress 2017, Poster Presented (January 2017).
- Shankar N,AneeshV., SivasubramanianV “Simulation and Comparison of Crude Oil Distillation Techniques using Aspen HYSYS”, National Conference on Recent Trends in “Electrical Engineering & Industrial Electronics”,College of Engineering ,Vadakara (October 2016).
- Shankar N,AneeshV., SivasubramanianV “Simulation and Optimization of Crude Oil Distillation using Aspen HYSYS”, National Conference on Innovative Engineering Technologies- 2016, Christ University Bangalore. (March 2016) (Best Paper Award).
- Shankar N, SivasubramanianV,“Simulation of Crude oil Distillation using Aspen HYSYS” National Conference on Management Initiatives and IT Interventions for Emerging Avenues, Marthoma Institute of Information Technology Chadayamangalam, Kollam (February 2016).
- Shankar N, SonsyHeartson, SivasubramanianV “Model Reference Adaptive control of FOLD Process” National Conference on Innovative Engineering Technologies- 2015 Christ University Bangalore. (February 2015).
- Shankar N, G Glan Devadhas“Model Reference Based Supervisory control of an FOLD Process”Proceedings of National Conference on Communication, VLSI & Signal Processing NCCVSP-10
- Lovey Jacob, Tiza Moses, Shiney Joseph, LityAlen Varghese, Shankar Nalinakshan “Study on the Effective Removal of Chromium VI via Polysulfone/TiO2 Nanocomposite Membranes and its Antifouling Property”, Lecture notes on Multidisciplinary Industrial Engineering, Global Challenges in Energy and Environment, Springer 2019.
- Shankar Nalinakshan, Aneesh Vasudevan, J. Kanimozhi, and V. Sivasubramanian, “Recovery of Metal from Electronic Waste for Sustainable Development (through Microbial Leaching / Bioprocesses)”, Bioprocess Engineering for a Green Environment, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group (2018), pp 347 – 368.
- Electrical Measurements & Instrumentation
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Management & Entrepreneurship
- Professional Engineering Practice
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Advanced Control Systems
- Design of Control Systems
- Research Methodology