Dr. Shashidhar Bharadwaj S
Department of Chemistry
My primary research interests are Bio-organic and Medicinal Chemistry, I have worked on synthesis of a series of novel quinoline carbohydrazides and quinolinyl oxadiazoles, imidazo[2,1-b][1,3,4] thiadiazolyl quinolines, quinolinyl thiazolo triazoles, benzimidazole containing quinolinyl oxadiazoles, quinoline Schiff bases and methoxybenzo[d]thiazylquinolines. I also investigated their biological activities such as in vitro antimicrobial, antioxidant, in vivo antioxidant on Drosophila melanogaster, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, anti-diabetic, antithrombotic activities along with in silico molecular docking studies. I published the outcomes of my research work in international journals by Royal society of Chemistry, Wiley, Elsevier, ACS. I have thought to Master degree students on Medicinal Chemistry topic and also I used to encourage students in activity based learning rather than normal teaching, now I am teaching Chemistry to Engineering students. Apart from teaching Chemistry I believe and practise teaching moral values to students during my lecture in the class room, which is very much essential to young minds
- B.Sc. (University of Mysore)
- M.Sc. (University of Mysore)
- Ph.D (Mangalore Univ.)
- Shashidhar Bharadwaj S., Boja Poojary, S. K. M. Nandish, J. Kengaiah, M. P. Kiran, A. J. Das, A. Kulal, D. Sannaningaiah. (2018): “A simple and efficient synthesis, α-glucosidase inhibitory, anticoagulant, antiplatelet activity and in silico study of Benzimidazole hybrid scaffold with quinoliny loxadiazoles skeleton: As potential leads for the management of type-II diabetes mellitus and thrombotic disorders” ACS Omega, 3, 12562-12574.
- ShashidharBharadwaj S.,BojaPoojary, B. Usha, A. J Das, S. K. Middha. (2018): “Anti-inflammatory, radical scavenging mechanism and pharmacological potential of some novel 4-aryl-[1,3]-thiazol-2-yl-2-quinoline carbohydrazides and quinolinyl[1,3]- thiazolo[3,2-b][1,2,4]triazoles” Chem. Select, 3, 12478-12485.
- ShashidharBharadwaj S.,BojaPoojary, S. Madan Kumar, K. Byrappa, G. S. Nagananda, A. K. Chaitanya, K. Zaveri, N. S. Yarla, Y. Shiralgi, A. K Kudva, B. L. Dhananjaya.(2017): “Design, synthesis and pharmacological studies of some new Quinoline Schiff bases and 2,5-disubstituted-[1,3,4]oxadiazoles” New J. Chem., 41, 8568-8585.
- Shashidhar Bharadwaj S.,BojaPoojary, S. Madan Kumar, K. Byrappa. (2017): “Synthesis, characterization, thermal analysis, crystal structure and Hirshfeld surface analysis of 2-(3, 5-difluorophenyl) quinoline-4-carboxylic acid” Chemical Data Collections, 9(10), 134-142.
- Shashidhar Bharadwaj S.,Karthik Kumara, BojaPoojary, H. S. Yathirajan, K. Byrappa, N. K. Lokanath and S. Madan Kumar. (2016): “Ethyl 2-(3,5-di-fluorophenyl)quinoline-4-carboxylate: A second triclinic polymorph” IUCrData., 2016, 1, x160739.
- Usha B, Sharath Kumar M Nandish, Shashidhar Bharadwaj. S,Thejaswi N, Devaraja Sannaningaiah, Pushpalatha K. (2019): “Study on Anti-inflammatory, Anticoagulant, Antiplatelet Activity of Grewiaserrulata DC. And Grewiaheterotricha Mast” Int. J. Pharm Biol. Sci., 1, 1228-1237.
- Shashidhar Bharadwaj S. andBojaPoojary, (2018): "Design, synthesis and assessment of novel imidazo[2,1-b][1,3,4] thiadiazolylquinolines as inhibitors of Dihydrofolate Reductase and Tyrosinase"National Seminar, “Lab To Clinic: Approaches And Challenges In Drug Discovery, Design And Delivery” 23-24 February 2018, organised byMangalore University Department of Biosciences in association with Royal Society Of Chemistry (London) India Deccan Local Section (Rsc-Idls).
- Shashidhar Bharadwaj S. and Boja Poojary, (2017):“Design, Synthesis and biological screening of Novel Benzimidazole containing quinolinyl oxadiazoles and quinoline Schiff bases” UGC and DST- SERB sponsored “Two days National Conference on “Trends in Bioactive natural products and health care (BNPHC 2017)” on 6th& 7th October 2017. Organized by Department of Biochemistry, PG centre, Chikka Aluvara, Mangalore University, Karnataka.
- Shashidhar Bharadwaj S. and Boja Poojary, (2017):“Design, Synthesis and biological screening of Novel Benzimidazole containing quinoline Schiff bases”
- National conference on Science and Technology: reaching the unreached on 8th & 9th September, 2017. Organized by Indian science congress association in association with Mangalore University.
- Shashidhar Bharadwaj S. and Boja Poojary, (2017):“Synthesis and pharmacological studies of some new 4-Aryl-[1,3]-thiazol-2-yl-2-quinoline hydrazines and quinoline [1,3]-Thiazolo[3,2-b][1,2,4]triazoles”
- National conference on Green chemistry & nanotechnology opportunities and challenges-2017 Planning today for a sustainable tomorrow on 27 & 28th February, 2017. Organized by St’ Aloysius Mangalore.
- Shashidhar Bharadwaj S. and Boja Poojary, (2016):“Microwave assisted synthesis and pharmacological studies of some new imidazo[2,1- b][1,3,4]thiadiazolylquinolines” 9th KSTA Annual Conference organized by Karnataka Science and Technology Academy, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of Karnataka on December 20 and 21, 2016 at Christ University, Bengaluru.
- Shashidhar Bharadwaj S. and Boja Poojary, (2015):“Design, synthesis, and pharmacological studies of some new Schiff’s bases and 2,5-Disubstituted-( 1,3,4)-oxadiazoles ”National Seminar on Recent Advances in Chemicals Sciences (RASC-15) organized by Department of Post Graduate Studies in Chemistry on 17th and 18th December 2015 at St Agnes College, Mangalore.
- Shashidhar Bharadwaj S. and Boja Poojary, (2016): “9TH KSTA ANNUAL CONFERENCE” Organized by Karnataka Science and Technology Academy, Department of Science and Technology, Govt of Karnataka on December 20-21 2016.
- Engineering Chemistry