Dr.Y M Manjunath
Department of Civil Engineering
Graduated in Civil Engineering branch from Mysuru University in First class with distinction in the year 1987. I did Post graduation in Industrial Structures from Mysore University in the year 1991. My PhD is from Kuvempu University in the field Structural Engineering in the year 2011. I am served this same institution from 1992 till today. Serving as a Professor from 2011. My area of Interest is Concrete subjected to Elevated temperature.
I served this Institute with Administrative capacities like Estate Officer, VTU Exam Co-Ordinator, Joint student wellfair officer and Valuation Co-ordinator.
Presently I am working as
- B.E. Civil Engineering (Mysore Univ.)
- M.Tech, IS (Mysuru Univ)
- Ph.D (Kuvempu Univ, Mysuru)
- Savitha T.M., Y.M.Manjunath, Dilip Srinivas, (2019)“ Micro-behavioral study of bagasse ash based geopolymer concrete”, International Journal of Innovative and exploring engineering (IJITEE) ISSn : 2278-3075, vol-8, issue -9, July 2019 (IJ)
- Chidambar E, & Dr. Y.M.Manjunath, (2019)“ Experimental investigation on geopolymer concrete subjected to elevated temperature”, International journal of advance research, ideas and innovations in technology, ISSn 2454-132X, vol. 5, issue 3, 2019. (IJ)
- Prashanth Kumar N and Dr. Y.M.Manjunath,(2018) ” Seismic analysis of vertically geometic irregular structures’, International Journal of Scientific Development and Research (IJSDR), ISSN :2455-2631, May 2018, Vol. 3, Issure 5. (IJ)
- Dr. Y.M.Manjunath and Girish K.G., (2018)“ Outrigger and belt trusses as lateral load resisiting system for high rise buildings”, International Journal of Technical Innovation in morden Engineering and Science (IJTIMES), Vol. 4, Issue 5, May 2018.(IJ)
- Ashwini K.C. & Dr. Y.M.Manjunath,(2017) “ Comparative study of pushover analysis on RCC structures”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, ISSN:2278-0181, Vol.6, Issue 06, June -2017 (IJ)
- Dr. Y.M.Manjunath, Partha Pratim Nandy & Madivalappa Bani, (2017)”Effect of temperature gradient on continuous PSC bridge for straight and curved profile”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN:2278-0181, Vol.6, Issue 05, May 2017.(IJ)
- T.Ramanandesh Prasad & Dr. Y.M.Manjunath, (2017)“ Flexural Behaviour of concrete beams with M-Sand subjected to elevated temperature”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Applied Sciences (IJREAS), vol.7, Issue 1, Jan 2017, pp.13-27. (IJ)
- Dr.Y.M.Manjunth & Dinakar K.,(2016) “ Behavior of concrete subjected to elevated temperature by partially replacing cement with bagasse ash”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol 5, Issue 7, July 2016. (IJ)
- Shiva Prasad K.B. & Dr. Y.M.Manjunath, (2016) “Study on behaviour of concrete subjected to elevated temperature by partially replaceing cement with glass powder”, International journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) vol.5, Issue 06, June 2016. (IJ)
- Nagadorai A and Y.M. Manjuanth, (2015) “ Behaviour of concrete subjected to elevated temperature by replacing of fine aggregate with GBFS & Quarry dust”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology , ISSN: 2278-0181, Vol 4, Issue 06, June -2015 (IJ)
- Nagesh M.K. & Y.M.Manjuath, (2015)“ Study on behaviour of self compacting concrete by replacing sand with GBFS at sustanined elevated temperature”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol.4, issue06, June 2015. (IJ)
- Navya P & Y.M.Manjuath, (2015) “ Structural Behavior of Industrial Structure subjected to lateral loads”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol.4, issue05, May 2015. (IJ)
- Y.M.Manjunath, N.Suresh, D.S.Prakash and V.Bindiganavile, (2014)“ Influence of coarse aggregate type on the compressive response of concrete subjected to sustained elevated temperature”, Indian Concrete Institute, Journal, India, Jan-March 2014 (NJ)
- N.Suresh, Y.M.Manjunath, & D.S.Prakash, (2007) “Studies on behaviour of multiblended cement concrete subjected to elevated temperature” authored by Sri. Y.M. Manjunath and Dr. N. Suresh have been accepted for presentation in the National Conference on Theoretical & Experimental Advances in Civil Engineering (TEACE – 2007) to be held at Dept. of Civil Engineering, SRM Institute of Science & Technology, Kattankolathur, Kancheepuram Dist., Tamilnadu from 8th to 9th February 2007(TEQIP). (NC)
- Y.M.Manjunath, Dr. N.Suresh & D.S.Prakash, (2006) “Studies on the effect of W/c ratio on concrete subjected to sustained elevated temperature” in the National Conference on Fire affected concrete structures on 24th Nov’06 at Dept. of Civil Engineering, Gandhi Institute of Technology & Management, Visakapatnam, under TEQIP. (NC)
- N.Suresh, Y.M.Manjunath & D.S.Prakash, (2005) “Studies on Compressive Strength of Concrete subjected to cyclic heating” at International Conference on Recent Advances in Concrete & Construction Technology (INCRAC & CT 2005). 7-9 Dec, 2005, SRM Engg. College, SRM Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai. (IC)
- N.Suresh, Y.M.Manjunath & D.S.Prakash, ( 2005) “Studies on the Compressive Strength of Concrete subjected to Sustained elevated temperature” at International Conference on Advances in Concrete Composites & Structures (ICACS-2005), 6-8 Jan 2005, SERC, Chennai. (IC)
- N.Suresh, Y.M.Manjunath & D.S.Prakash, (2005) “Influence of Aggregates on Compressive Strength of Concrete Subjected to Elevated Temperature” at 2nd National Conference on Advances in materials & mechanics of Concrete Structures, 12-13 August 2005, IIT, Madras. (NC)
- N.Suresh, &Y.M.Manjunath,(2003) “Concrete subjected to elevated temperature – a review” National seminar on “Futuristics in Concrete and Construction Engineering” (NSFCCE – 2003) December 3-5 2003, at SRM Engineering College, Kattankolathur, Chennai. (NC)
- Participated in the two day National seminar & exhibition on Global trends in concrete – steel composite structures – Design & Construction held during at 10th -11th May 2019 at NIMHANS convention centre, Bengaluru.
- Continuing Education Programme – Short term course on “Recent Advances in Structural Dynamics & Strucrual Health Monitoring”at Dept. of Civil Engineering, IIT(BHU), Varanasi during March 25-27, 2019.
- Participated as ‘Delegate’ in National Convention & Exhibition on “Sustainable Urbansisation (Infra CE 2018)” orgnaised by Association ofConsulting Civil Engineers (India), Nashik Centre. The two days seminar was conducted on 27th & 28th July 2018 at Hotel The Gateway, Taj, Nashik.
- Attended the short term course on “Recent Advances in Transportation Engg” under continuing education programme held from 5th March to 9th March 2018 at IIT, Delhi.
- Short term training programme on “Structural Analysis and Design” from 23rd to 25th March 2017 at Chennai (IIT, Madras).
- Short term course on Advanced Computing Tools in Civil Engineering from 6th to 10th March 2017 at IIT, Kharagpur
- Participated in Two days seminar on “Recent Advances in Civil Engineering” held at Nityotsava, Mysuru on 20th and 21st Jan 2017.
- Attended the One week Faculty Development programme on “Pedagogical Training Technological Enabled Teaching Learning Process from 11th to 16th July 2016 at NIE, Mysuru.
- One day National workshop “Recent Advances in Geotechnics for Infrastructure –RAGI 2016”
- Participated in FDP on “Research areas of structural engineering” sponsored by TEQIP held on 22nd December 2015.
- Participated in “Design safe 2015” a one-day training program on Design Safe colloquium on Precast technology for sustainable construction was held on 27th November 2015
- Attended a one day National workshop on Recent Advances in Geotechnics for Infrastructures RAGI-2015 held on 25th April 2015
- Attended Two day workshop on Advances in Field Hydrological Research held on Feb 27-28, 2015
- Attended a one day training programe on “Design Safe-2014- Design of Bridges” was held on 15th November 2014 under TEQIP-II
- Attended the Training programme on Laboratory Quality Management system and Internal Audit as per IS/ISO/IEC 17025 held during 19-22 May 2014 at Building Fire Research Centre, NIE, Mysore, conducted by National Insitute of Training for standardization Bureau of Indian Standards.
- Attended a workshop on “Safety of structures” held on 10th May 2014 under TEQIP –II
- Attended a Workshop on Recent advances in geotechnics for infrastructure (RAGI -2014) on 15th March 2014
- Attended a workshop on “Waterproofing of concrete structures” held on 26th Feb 2014 under TEQIP –II
- Atended a workshop on “Water supply systems in fast growing cities (Technology, Management & Policies)” held on 17th Feb 2014 under TEQIP –II
- Build Tech -2013 – International Seminar on “Sustainable development” held at Mysore on 14th & 15th December 2013
- Attended a National conference on ‘Advances in Engineering and Technology - 2013’ on 7th November 2013 organized by Ekalavya Institute of Technology, Ummathur, Chamarajanagar District.
- Attended a Fourth International Workshop on Performance, Protection and Strengthening Of Structures under Extreme Loading on 26Th & 27th August, 2013
- Attended a workshop on Finite Element Analysis of Masonry Structures held on 24th August 2013 Under TEQIP-II
- Attended a one day training programe on “Design Safe” was held on 21st August 2013 under TEQIP-II
- Attended a workshop on Design of Masonry Structures held on 17th August 2013 Under TEQIP-II
- Attended a workshop on Academic Empowerment of faculty held on 11th May 2013 Under TEQIP-II
- STEELCON – National seminar on steel structures held at SJCE, Mysore on 26th & 27th April 2013.
- Build Tech -2012 – International Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Construction technology and housing for all held at Mysore on 8th & 9th December 2012.
- Attended three days training programme on “Alternative and cost effective building technologies” on 18th to 20th July 2011 at the University School of Design, Senate Bhavan, Mysore.
- Build Tech -2010 – International Seminar on Fast Track Construction during 11 & 12th December 2010 at Senate Bhavan, Manasagangothri, Mysore.
- REDECON – 2010 a National Seminar & Exhibition on Recent developments in design & construction Technologies held on 28th, 29th and 30th January 2010, at Convention centre, NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- Attended two days International Seminar on Affordable Housing at BAI, Mysore on 12th and 13th December 2009.
- Attended an International Exhibition and Seminar ‘ARCHITECH – Construction Speciality Expo 2008’ from 28th Feb to 29th Feb 2008 at Chennai Trade Centre, Nandambakkam, Chennai.
- 2 day National Seminar on ‘Urban Planning & Infrastructure – Buildtech 2007’ organised by BAI, Mysore, on 8th and 12th Dec’2007 at B.N. Bahadur Institute of Management Science, Mysore.
- International Conference on ‘Structural Engineers World Congress – SEWC 2007’ at the Grand Ashok Hotel, Bangalore, from 2nd Nov’ 2007 to 7th November 2007 (TEQIP).
- National workshop on ‘Non-Destructive Testing of Concrete Structures (NWNDT-2007)’ on 9th & 10th March 2007, as a resource person at School of Civil Engg., SASTRA University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu.
- Sri. Y. M. Manjunath has attended ‘Blue Print for Success – Shiv Khera’s 3 days programme, held at M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore, from 27h to 29th December 2006.
- International Conference on ‘High Rise Structures’ organised by Buildtech, BAI, Mysore Section, Mysore, from 8th to 10th December 2006.
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanics of deformable bodies
- Prestressed Concrete Structures
- Transportation Engineering
- Concrete Technology
- Building materials and Construction