Department of Civil Engineering
|Phone No:||94482 40040|
In 2015 I started my teaching career as faculty at NIE. I teach Civil Engineering subjects related to Mechanics and Design. Prior to joining NIE I was pursuing research at IISc in the area of Structural Masonry by developing energy efficient & low carbon building materials utilising non-organic solid wastes. My doctoral and Bachelor students tend to work in design, testing and analysis of masonry structures, most of which are being funded by State/institutional level funding agencies. I am a recipient of ‘Building Energy Efficiency Higher & Advanced Network (BHAVAN) Fellowship’ from Indo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum for the year 2019. Through this fellowship, I am presently working as Visiting Assistant Professor at Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of South Carolina, USA where I am working on developing energy efficient low carbon earth-based building for affordable housing
- B.E. (VTU, Belagavi)
- M.Sc. Engg. (IISc)
- Ph.D (IISc)
- MHRD scholarship – 2007 for pursuing M.Sc. Engg at IISc, Bangalore
- MHRD scholarship – 2009 for pursuing Ph.D. at IISc, Bangalore
- Travel grant – 2013 and funding to pursue Internship at the University of Illinois at Chicago, USA, United Sates National Science Foundation (NSF) [Award Number: 1030398]
- K. Gourav, K. S. Nanjunda Rao, and B. V. Venkatarama Reddy. (2020): "Prediction of Out-of-plane Flexural Behaviour of FaL-G Brick Masonry using Simplified Micro-modelling Approach", Masonry International (International Masonry Society). (Accepted)
- David A. Weed, Adam G Tennant, Mohamed Hosein Motamedi, K. Gourav, Craig D Foster, and B. V. Venkatarama Reddy. (2020): “Finite Element Model Application to Flexural Behavior of Cement Stabilized Soil Block Masonry,” Materials and Structures (Springer Nature). (Accepted)
- K. Gourav, S. N. Ullas, and B. V. Venkatarama Reddy. (2020): “Studies on properties of Flowable Earth Mix concrete for monolithic load bearing walls,” Construction and Building Materials, 250, 118876.
- K. Gourav and B. V. Venkatarama Reddy. (2018): “Out-of-plane flexure behaviour of fly ash-lime-gypsum brick masonry walls,” Engineering Structures, 173, 241–250.
- K. Gourav and B. V. Venkatarama Reddy. (2018): “Bond Development in Burnt Clay and Fly Ash-Lime-Gypsum Brick Masonry,” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 30(9), 04018202.
- B. V. Venkatarama Reddy, H. Hemanth Kumar, S. N. Ullas, and K. Gourav. (2016): “Non-organic solid wastes - potential resource for construction materials,” Current Science, 111(12), 1968–1976.
- K. Gourav and B. V. Venkatarama Reddy. (2014): “Characteristics of compacted fly ash bricks and fly ash brick masonry,” Journal of Structural Engineering (Madras), 41(2), 144 – 157.
- B. V. Venkatarama Reddy and K. Gourav (2011): “Strength of lime–fly ash compacts using different curing techniques and gypsum additive,” Materials and Structures, 44(10), 1793–1808.
- Shrinivas Hebbar A, Shrinidhi D Kulal, Tajmul Pasha, Prasanta Kumar, K. Gourav. (2019): “Numerical and Experimental Investigation of Vibration Isolation of Three-storied Building Structure using Tuned Mass Damper”, International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering & Management (ICAMEM - 2019) at Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore, INDIA during March 22 - 23, 2019.
- K. Gourav and S. N. Ullas. (2018): “Characteristics of Flowable Earth Concrete”, International Symposium on Earthen Structures (ISES-2018) at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, INDIA during August 22 – 24, 2018.
- K. Gourav, N. C. Balaji, B. V. Venkatarama Reddy and M. Mani. (2017): “Studies into structural and thermal properties of building envelope materials”, CISBAT 2017 International Conference, Future Buildings & Districts Energy Efficiency from Nano to Urban Scale at EPFL, Lausanne, SWITZERLAND during September 6-8, 2017.
- G. Sarangapani and K. Gourav. (2017): “Compressive Strength of Alternative Concrete Block Masonry units,” International Conference on Global Civil Engineering Challenges in Sustainable Development and Climate Change - (ICGCSC-17) at Mangalore Institute of Technology & Engineering, Moodabidri, INDIA during March 17-18, 2017.
- K. Gourav and B. V. Venkatarama Reddy. (2009): “Strength development in lime-fly ash compacts using different curing techniques and additives,” International Seminar on Waste to Wealth, Green Building Materials and Construction Technologies using Agricultural and Industrial Wastes at Building Materials & Technology Promotion Council (BMTPC), Govt. of India, New Delhi, INDIA during November 12-13, 2009.
- K. Gourav and S. N. Ullas. (2019): “Characteristics of Flowable Stabilised Earth Concrete”. Earthen Dwellings and Structures. Springer Transactions in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Edited by B. V. Venkatarama Reddy, M, Mani, and P. Walker P. Springer, Singapore .
- Engineering Mechanics
- Fundamentals of RC Design
- Design of RC Structures
- Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
- Design of Storage Structures
- Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering