Department of Mechanical Engineering
I am Srinag, a teacher passionate about awakening the joy of learning through creative expression of knowledge. I have been serving in the teaching profession from past six years. Prior to this, I worked as a design engineer at L&T Mumbai for two years. My research interests include aerodynamics of natural flyers and application of data driven techniques to analyse fluid flow. I secured an AIR of 121 in 2014 GATE examination. I am a reciepient of the best technical paper award at the International Conference on Aviation Technology, 2020 and have received a cash award of Rs.50000/- from Yaskawa Pvt. Ltd. for my work on biomimitics in 2017. I am the founder and faculty advisor of a student chapter ‘Aerotantrix’ and have initiated the aeromodelling lab at the Institute. I handle courses in fluid and thermal domains and thrive to create inspiring learning experiences through the same.
- B.E. (VTU, Belagavi)
- M.Tech (IIT Kharagpur)
- (Ph.D) (IIT Kharagpur)
- Malavika.S, Namratha.M.Gowda, P.Srinag. (2018): “Thermal and aerodynamic design, fabrication and flow analysis of an axial compressor using innovative inverse technique”, International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research (IJCESR), 5(5), 60-64.
- P.Srinag, Arnab Roy, and Sivaramakrishna G (2013): “Effect of preheat and air-fuel ratio on the performance of a realistic gas turbine combustor- A computational study”, 23rd National Conference on I.C. Engines And Combustion, SVNIT, Surat during December 13-15, 2013
- P.Srinag, Arnab Roy, and T.N.Shridhar (2020): “Investigation of nonlinear interplay between imposed kinematics and induced aerodynamics of insect flight using sparse regression technique”, International Conference on Aviation Technology, Kolkata, organized by AeSI during March 6-8, 2020
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing
- Machine Drawing
- Fluid Mechanics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics