Dr.Sangamesha M A
Department of Chemistry
|Phone No:||+ 91-9900503238|
I am working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry at The National Institute of Engineering (NIE), Mysore, since June 2014. My main area of research interest is development of polymer nanocomposites for opto-electronic applications and preparation of thin films for solar cells. I also work on biodegradable polymers for food packaging applications. Previously, I was working as a research scholar at NIE from 2011 to 2014, towards the research project entitled as “Development of CIGS based Nanomaterials for Photovoltaics”, funded by Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), GoK. I have also worked in Quality Control Department at Jubilant Life Science from 2010-2011. I have involved in several academic and professional activities and sponsored research projects funded by KBITS on Exhaust gas carbon Extractor (EGCE). I took part in many national and international conferences, recently received best paper award in International Conference On ‘Advances in Materials, Ceramics & Engineering Sciences' ‘(AMCES- 2020)’. I am actively attended many FDP programs and short-term courses in reputed institutes. Recently, I have filed a patent on “A device to tap black carbon and other particulate matter from diesel engine vehicles”. I look forward to scientific and academic collaborations in my area of interest. Please visit our institute website for more information about my research activities.
- B.Sc., (University of Mysore)
- M.Sc., (University of Mysore)
- Ph.D (VTU, Belagavi)
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar. (2018): “Effect of Co doping on CIS2 thin films”, Chinese Journal of Physics- Elsevier, (56), 1147–1157.
- M. Prajwal, M.A. Sangamesha and K. Pushpalatha. (2017): “Fabrication and Properties of Conductive Conjugated Polymers / Weaver Ant Silk Fibroin Composite Fibers”, Journal of Nano Technology and Its Application in Engineering, 2 (1&2),1-15.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar. (2016): “Low Cost CuSSe Thin Film by Non-Vacuum Techniques”, International Journal of Thin Films Science and Technology, 5(2), 129-135.
- M. Prajwal, M. A. Sangamesha and K. Pushpalatha. (2015): “Ant larvae silk fibres mat”, Current Science, 108(8),1546-1547.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G.L. Shekar. (2014): “Structural and Optical Studies of Conducting PANI/CuS Nanocomposites on Nanocrystalline Zinc-Oxide Thin Film”, American Journal of Nanotechnology, 5(1), 1-9.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar. (2014): “Synthesis and Characterization of Conducting Polyaniline/Copper Selenide Nanocomposites”, Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science, 2(3), 223-227.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G.L. Shekar. (2013): “Effect of Concentration on Structural and Optical Properties of CuS thin films”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 02 (11), 227-234.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha, G.L. Shekar, and S. Shamsundar. (2013): “Preparation and Characterization of Nanocrystalline CuS Thin Films for Dye-Sensitized Solar cells”, ISRN Nanomaterials, Article ID 829430, 8 http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/829430.
- Sangamesha M.A, Lokesh Kumar S, K. Pushpalatha , Nithin K S and Lakshmi Rangantha V (2020): “Influence of Copper Selenide nanoparticles on Structural, Optical and Opto-electronic Properties of PolyvinylAlcohol/ Copper Selenide blend Composites” Advances in Materials, Ceramics & Engineering Sciences' (AMCES- 2020), organised by Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru, India, during January 17th - 18th, 2020.
- Sangamesha M.A, Lokesh Kumar S, K. Pushpalatha and Madhukar B S (2020):Modifying Poly(Vinyl Alcohol) (PVA) from Insulator to Small-Bandgap Polymer: An Approach for Optoelectronic Devices, Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT-20), organised by Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, JSS Science and Technology University, Mysuru - 570 006, during January 16th to 18th ,2020.
- Shyamili N B, Yogitha M, Sangamesha M.A and K. Pushpalatha (2017): “Effect of Cadmium doping on Dye sensitized Poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA) Nanocomposite Films”, International Conference on Nanomaterials and their Applications 2018 organised by University of Mysore, at manasagangothri, Mysore during March 1-2, 2018.
- M.A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha (2017): “Fabrication and Characterization of PVA (Poly(vinyl alcohol))/PA-CuS (Polyaniline-Copper Sulphide) Nanocomposite thin Films”, 7th National Conference on Advances in Polymeric Materials (NCAPM) Polycon-2017, organized by Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, JSS science and technology university, Mysore -570006, Karnataka, India, during September 15 & 16, 2017.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar (2015): “Effect of concentration on Optical properties of CuS thin films”, Two Day National Conference on “Recent Trends in Chemical Biology” organized by JSS College, Ooty Road, Mysore, during March 2 and 3, 2015.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar (2015): “Preparation and characterization of weaver ants’ silk - Polyaniline composites”, Natural, Bio polymers and their composites- ICNP2015” organized by Mahathma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, during April 10 to 12, 2015.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar (2015): “Surface analysis and Optical studies of CuSSe thin films for solar cell”, National Conference on “Condensed Matter Physics and Application- Cmpa-2015, organized by Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal, during March 27 and 28, 2015.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha and G. L. Shekar(2014): “Synthesis and Characterization of Conducting Polyaniline/Copper Selenide Nanocomposites”, 6th National Conference on Advances in Polymeric Materials (NCAPM), Polycon, organized by Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore,, Karnataka, India, during April 16 & 17, 2014.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha, G. L. Shekar, and S. Shamsundar (2013): “Preparation and Characterization of Nanocrystalline ZnO Thin Film on Flexible Substrate by Sol-Gel Method”, First Indo-Canadian Symposium on Nano-Science and Technology (ICSNST), organised by National Institute of Engineering, Mysore, during February 20th -22nd, 2013.
- M. A. Sangamesha, K. Pushpalatha, G. L. Shekar, and S. Shamsundar (2012): “Dye Sensitized Copper sulphide solar cells”, International Conference, Advance Nano Materials (ANM 2012), organised by IIT/Madras, during October 17th – 19th, 2012.
- Outcome Based Education and NBA Accreditation Training Program -2020 organized by GSSS college, Mysore, during 7th to 11th Jan 2020.
- Development programme on “Developing Next Generation Faculty” organized by NIE, during 22-28th July 2019.
- Engineering Faculty you can do Research, Learn how, organized by NIE, 22-23rd February 2019
- Technology Enabled Teaching Learning Process-2017 QIP organized by NIE, Mysore during Jan 3-9,2017
- One day workshop on Synthesis and Characterization of thin films held organized by NIE, Mysore during Octo 5,2016
- One day workshop on Proposal Writing to Funding Agencies held on Octo 6,2016 at NIE, Mysore
- Second Indo-Canadian Symposium on Nano-Science and Technology 2016 organized by NIE, Mysore during Feb18-19,2016 at NIE, Mysore
- 103rd Indian Science Congress held at University of Mysore on Jan 3-7, 2016.
- Three day Workshop on Research Methdologies and Latex held on 29th -31st Dec 2014 organised by VVIET, Mysore
- One day state level seminar on “Nanotechnology and Relevance of Chemistry in Contemporary Society” held on Sep 30th –Oct 1st 2013 organised by NIE, Mysore.
- One day state level seminar on Nano-Science & Technology-2013 at JSS College for Women, Mysore.
- 4th Banglore Nano “Nanoscience & Technology at the Cutting Edge-held on Dec 7-9, 2011” at The Lalit Ashok, Banglore, organized by Department of biotechnology, GoK
- A device to tap black carbon and other particulate matter from diesel engine vehicles- IP-3940 -IN-18190892 -PAS-2018
- Engineering Chemistry Theory
- Engineering Chemistry Laboratory