Sunil S R Gaekwad
Department of Mechanical Engineering
I have been an Assistant Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering since August 2011 and the coordinator for the NIE CNC Training Centre since June 2012. The Centre has proven to be a thriving nucleus for student driven activities. Nearly 1000 students and industry personnel have been trained at the Centre. I am also the Coordinator for Training on Automation Technology at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIE.
I am the faculty advisor for the Formula Student Racing teams at NIE since June 2014. The track racing (Formula Bharat & SAE Supra) & off road (SAE Baja India) teams have won numerous accolades in the past few years.
I am currently pursuing my PhD at the JSS Science & Technology University in the field of Tooling Applications of ABS using Additive Manufacturing. I am a member of the executive committee of the Additive Manufacturing Society of India.
- BE in Mechanical Engineering from NIE, Mysuru in 2009
- MTech in Tool Engineering from GTTC, Mysuru in 2011
- Ph.D (In pursuit - registered in 2017)
- Rutvij Rajiv Naik, Sunil Gaekwad (2015): “Design of a Submerged Cooling System for a Vertical Axis Milling CNC Machine”, International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT), Volume 5, Issue 1, July 2015
- Naveen M S, Sunil S R Gaekwad (2019): “Evaluation of Surface Roughness in Fused Deposition Modelling Parts: A Review”, International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering & Management (ICAMEM – 2019), 22 & 23 March 2019
- Rakesh K. M, Sunil Gaekwad (2016): “Modal Analysis of Rear Dumper Cabin to Study Effect of Stiffener Addition to Cabin Panels Susceptible for vibration” National Conference on Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, 2016
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing
- Fluid Mechanics
- Automotive Engineering
- Rapid Prototyping
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Professional Communication
- Manufacturing Technology
- Fluid Power Systems
- Material Science & Metallurgy
- Mechanical Engineering Sciences