VADIVEL S M
Department of Industrial and Production Engineering
Sri.Vadivel Sengazhani Murugesan is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial and Production Engineering. He has submitted his Ph.D. Thesis in Engineering Management research area , in NIT Karnataka, School of Management in June 2020. He has received his Master of Science (by research) in Operations Management from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M) on 2015 and Master of Engineering in Manufacturing Engineering in Government of Technology on 2011, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, He also attained bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering from College of Engineering on 2009, Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He has over 6 years industrial experience in various manufacturing industries and 3 years of research and teaching experience. His research interests include Operations and Production Management, Lean Service and Sustainability, Workplace Ergonomics, Supply Chain Management, Facility Planning and Design and MCDM methods. He has published 15 various international and national journals and participated in 17 international conferences. He won the best conference paper award in NUS Singapore on Sept.28-30,2018.He is the life member of Indian Institute of Industrial Engineering (IIIE) and Society of operations Management (SOM).
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (SRMTI)
- B. E (CEG-ANNA UNIVERSITY)
- M.E (GCT-CBE)
- M.S (IIT-M)
- Ph.D (NIT-K)
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeria A. H., Deeksha Sanjay Shetty, Sunil Kumar Jauhar (2020) “Enhancement of mail operational performance of India post facility layout selection using AHP” International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, Springer publishers. 11(2),pp.494-505.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13198-019-00854-1 (Scopus Indexed).
- Vadivel S.M., Sequeria A. H., Sunil Kumar Jauhar, Vimal Kumar (2020) “Sustainable postal service design: Integrating quality function deployment from the customers perspective” International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, Springer publishers.11(2),261-273. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1007/s13198-019-00906-6 (Scopus Indexed).
- Accepted: Vadivel S.M and Sequeria A. H. (2018) “Enhancing the Operational Performance of Mail Processing Facility Layout selection using Multi - Criteria Decision Making Methods” International Journal of Service and Operations Management, Inderscience publishers. (Scopus Indexed).DOI: 10.1504/IJSOM.2020.10018620.
- Vadivel S.M., and Sequeria A. H. (2019) “A hybrid method for the selection of facility layout using experimental design and grey relational analysis: A case study”, International Journal of Hybrid Intelligent Systems (IJHIS), IOS Press publishers,1-10, DOI: 10.3233/HIS-190264.
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeria A. H. (2017) “Lean service application towards operational performance in Indian Postal Mailing Service – A Conceptual Model, International Journal of Engineering Technology Science and Research, 4,(10),pp. 24 – 28.
- Vadivel S M and K.S.Amirthagedeswaran March 2013, Performance Evaluation in facility layouts design using Analytical Hierarchy Process, Indian institute of Industrial Engineering journal, Vol.VI & Issue no.3 Page 24-28 Link: http://iitm.academia.edu/VadivelSm
- Vadivel S M and K.S.Amirthagedeswaran, August 2014,Design improvement in facility layout through non-traditional algorithms, Indian institute of Industrial Engineering journal. Vol. IX, Issue no.6 Page 20- 24
- Vadivel S M and R.Baskaran, May 2015, Forecasting demand on each stage in public transportation - An empirical analysis, Vol. VIII, Issue.no.7, Page 32-39
- Varunkumar.S, Vadivel S M, Varadharajan.P,Vandhiyan.P,December 2016,Design and Fabrication of Drilling Vice, Indian institute of Industrial Engineering journal. Vol. IX, Issue no.12 Page 40- 45
- Rajeswari, Amirthagedeswaran, Vadivel S M, Dec 2014, Investigation of machining parameters in end milling of AISI4340 steel, Indian institute of Industrial Engineering journal. Vol. VII, Page 14- 17
- S.Sasikumar, Gopi, Vadivel S M, November 2016, Effect of process parameters on joint strength in FSW - Aluminium Alloy 6082 T6, Vol.IX & Issue.No.11, Page 14 – 19
- Vadivel S.M, Venkatesh Balasubramanian,Mervin Alexender, 2014, “Lean Ergonomics in an Indian postal service industry – A case study”, HWWE 2014,IIT Guwahathi, McGraw hill publications, Pg.no.711-714 .
- Vadivel S.M, Baskaran.R,Dhanabalan.B,2016,”Performance evaluation of Omni Bus transport system in Tamil nadu using Analytical hierarchy process, CARPET16,Bharath Nikethan Engineering College,Theni, pg.no.27
- Vadivel S.M, Robert Rajkumar.S,2016,” Implementing lean ergonomics and performance evaluation of facility layouts in Indian postal Manual sorting centre using AHP – an Empirical study, CARPET16,Bharath Nikethan Engineering College, Theni, pg.no.35
- Vadivel S.M and Sunil D.Souza,2016, ”Lean Ergonomics Evaluation of Indian postal Manual sorting facility layouts – a Empirical study, COSMAR16, IISc.Bangalore, pg.no.17.
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeira A.H., “An operational performance of Indian Postal Service using Lean manufacturing approach A conceptual framework”, International conference on Strategies in volatile and uncertain environment for emerging markets , Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi, 14-15 July, 2017.Pg.no.20.
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeira A.H., “Lean service application towards operational performance in Indian postal Mailing service –A conceptual model”, 4th International conference on Advancement in Engineering, Applied Science and Management (ICAEASM-2017), Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Juhu, Mumbai, 8th October 2017.
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeira A.H., “Indian postal service operational performance by lean sustainability approach”, ATHENAEUM 18, VIII International conference on Contemporary Management Research, Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), IIT Madras, 9th and 10th February 2018. Pg.no.4
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeira A.H., “Indian postal manual sorting facilities layout selection using AHP methodology”, RCOSCM 18, Research conference on Operationas and Supply Chain Management, Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik, 17th February 2018. Pg.no.35-47.
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeira A.H., “Green Postal Service Design: Integrating quality function deployment from customer’s perspectives, 2nd International Conference on Innovative Research in Science,Technology and Management (ICIRSTM 18), National university of Singapore (NUS), Singapore, 29-30,September 2018. Pg.no.31.
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeira A.H., “A Novel Approach for Operational Performance Based Mail Sorting Facility Layout selection using Grey Relational Analysis: A Case on India Speed Post Service Industry”, 18th International Conference on Design Intelligent Systems Design and Applications, VIT University, Vellore, Tamil nadu, 6-8,December 2018.
- Vadivel S.M, Sequeira A.H.S K Jauhar, “Metaheuristic for Optimizing the India Speed Post Facility Layout Design and Operational Performance Based Sorting Layout Selection using DEA Method”, 10th World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired computing, VIT University, Vellore, Tamil nadu, 6-8,December 2018.
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeira A.H., “Evaluating and Ranking the operational performance Mail Processing Facilities layout using Grey Relational Analysis”, 12 Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management, IIM Kozhikode, 20-22,December 2018. Pg.no.16.
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeira A.H., “Implementing lean service tools and techniques in India speed post service – A case study”, 12 Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management, IIM Kozhikode, 20-22,December 2018. Pg.no.17.
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeira A.H., “Value Stream Mapping Simulation (VSM-Sim): methodology to design the lean service systems in India Post Service Industry – A case study”, 8th International Engineering Symposium (IES2019) at Kumamoto University, Japan, March 13-15, 2019.pp-640-645.
- Vadivel S.M., Sequeria A.H., Sunil Kumar Jauhar, Baskaran.R “Application of multi-criteria decision-making approach for the evaluation of Tamilnadu private bus companies from passengers’ perspective”, 4th international conference on soft computing: Theories and applications (SoCTA2019) at NIT Patna, India. December 27-29, December 2019.
- Vadivel S.M., Sequeria A.H., Sunil Kumar Jauhar, Amirthagadeswaran K.S. “CNC Machine Shop Floor Facility Layout Design using Genetic Algorithms”, 4th international conference on soft computing: Theories and applications (SoCTA2019) at NIT Patna, India. December 27-29, December 2019.
- Vadivel S.M and Sequeira A.H., “The impact of lean service practices, workplace environment practices, and social practices on the operational performance in India Post service industry”, 7th International Business Analytics and Intelligence Conference (DCAL2019) at IIM Bangalore, India, December 05-07, 2019.
- Manufacturing Processes - 1
- Engineering Management & Entrepreneurship
- Engineering Management