Vikram Athreya V
Department of Mechanical Engineering
I am interested in Thermal Engineering and have been carrying-out my research in the same field. To be more specific, I work on Heat Engines along with my undergraduate and postgraduate students. Other than my research, I am also interested in working on Renewable Engineering Technology and have worked in some of the projects at NIE-CREST. I teach thermal engineering courses for UG & PG students. As part of NECAT team, I handle some of the sessions during BCAT, ACAT and modular courses.
I also hold the position of NSS officer (Coordinator) for the institution where some of activities like Blood donation campaign, Making of Seed balls, etc. will be carried with the student volunteers. Being faculty adviser for the Team SAENIEks (BAJA), my role is to motivate the students for the continuous improvement in their work.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (KTB, Bangalore)
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering (VTU, Belagavi)
- M.Tech in Thermal Engineering (VTU, Belagavi)
- Vikram Athreya V, N K S Rajan, Manjunatha A and H R Purshothama, “An Experimental Study on Kerosene Based Pulse Detonation Engine", International Journal of Mechanical Engineering & Technology (IJMET), Volume:5, Issue:9, Pages:31-35.
- Vikram Athreya V, N K S Rajan, Manjunatha A and H R Purshothama, “An Experimental Study on Kerosene Based Pulse Detonation Engine ", Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering and Management (ICCTEM), 2014.
- Abhishek Dhotre, Vikram Athreya V, “Design and Development of Robotic Vision Inspection Cell for Fuel Injection Pump”, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering for UG/PG students and Research Scholars (NCETMEC), 2019
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing
- Mechanical Engineering Science
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Basic Thermodynamics
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Microgrid with Renewable Energy Integration
- Renewable Energy Technology