- To promote widespread use of renewable energy devices and system
- To develop qualified personnels in the field of Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technologies
- To design and develop renewable energy systems
- To provide students innovative projects and courses in the field of renewable energy technology
- To collaborate with overseas universities to work in the field of renewable energy and sustainable technologies
- To provide comprehensive and effective renewable energy solutions through project and consultancy services
- To work for the cause of society and for green and sustainable technologies
Creating a sustainable energy future is the world’s most pressing need and greatest challenge. To progress on this journey, policy and technology need to work in tandem at all levels.
It takes ingenious and insightful minds to create futuristic solutions that help preserve our planet. The Centre for Renewable Energy & Sustainable Technologies (CREST), incepted as Centre for Appropriate Rural Technologies (CART), has taken giant strides to enable just this – giving shape to ideas and engineering solutions with real-world impact, leveraging technology.
Here are some trailblazers from CREST’s green engineering champions:
- Biogas plant – Mysore Zoo: potentially saves 50% LPG usage by converting animal waste to gas
- Rainwater Harvesting – Mysore Palace: helps maintain the 28-acre palace garden in particular; enabled the palace to become one of the distinct few to implement the practice
- Kitchen Waste Biogas Plant – NIE-Boy’s Hostel: converts 18 tons of kitchen waste a year to biogas and uses by-product slurry for gardening, creating a best practice in waste management
- Signed an MoU for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Project-Innovation Hub for WASH with National Institution of Urban Affairs, Government of India and Mysore City Corporation
- Conducted a Do-It-Yourself Aerobic Composter workshop in February 2018 under TEQIP III with other faculty coordinators from other departments as an Induction Programme for First year undergraduate engineering students
- Inaugurated the 100kg/day Kitchen waste Biogas plant at NIE Boys Hostel
- Four undergraduate students from the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering participated in the two weeks winter study circle on ' Developing Energy Management Applications for Microgrid ‘during Dec’17- Jan’18 at the University of Wisconsin- Madison USA.
- A 2 credit interdisciplinary elective‘ Microgrid with Renewable Energy Integration ‘ for Mechanical and Electrical & Electronics sixth semester students was undertaken as part of the ongoing project ‘Microgrids Partnership for Sustainable Global Development ‘ with University of Wisconsin – Madison, USA
- Biofuel project funded by Karnataka State Biofuel Development Board
- Student projects on Biogas bottling, Electronically controlled solar thermal cooker and microgrid is under progress
- NIE-CREST organized and participated in a number of awareness programmes and exhibitions mainly Mysuru open street winter festival, Alvas Nudisiri Moodbidri, Adichunchanagiri Exhibition and awareness programmes at academic, government institutions and various apartment complex in Mysuru
Consultation of Biogas Project at Port Vila, Vanuatu, South Pacific Island Installation of 1-5 kg/day Kitchen Waste Biogas Plant at Deputy Commissioner Randeep’s Residence, Mysuru Installed 25kg/day Kitchen waste biogas plant at Pramati School, Mysuru, 50kg/day Kitchen waste biogas plant at Banashankari Temple, Bangalore, 10 Biogas plants 1-5 kg/day kitchen waste capacity at Bidadi sponsored by Bosch India Foundation Installation of Kitchen waste composter and Leaf composter at GST office quarters , Mysuru
Here's a glimpse of various activities, research, and achievements of CREST through the years.
Head- CREST: Mr. Shamsundar
|Phone No: 99726 95511|