‘N. Krishnamurthy Centre for Workplace Safety and Health’ (CWSH) is an autonomous unit of NIE, funded and founded by NIE alumnus (CE-1955) Dr. N. Krishnamurthy, Safety Consultant and Trainer in Singapore, as Founder-Director. It was inaugurated at NIE on 6 December 2019 by Padma Vibushan Sri N.R. Narayana Murthy.
It has two Honorary Deputy Directors Mr. Arun K.R. Rao, and Mr. M.S. Vijayashankar, and a full- time Project Assistant Mr. H.S. Aravind. It also has an Advisory Council currently consisting of:
- Mr. N.R. Narayana Murthy,
- MD of CMPC Pvt Ltd Mr. A.N. Prakash,
- NIE Hon. Secretary Mr. D. Sudhanva,
- NIE Principal Dr. Rohini Nagapadma, and
- NIE C.E. Professor Dr. N. Suresh.