The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was set up at NIE in November 2012. The mandate given to IQAC is to put in place processes for improving the standards across all academic programmes in the college. The policy documents of University Grants Commission (UGC) and National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) are the basis for formulating the role and responsibility of IQAC. The objective of IQAC is to
- Develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
As per the guidelines specified from statutory bodies, IQAC at NIE is focused on
- To develop and apply quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic activities of the college
- To facilitate the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- To arrange for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional process
- To disseminate information about various quality parameters of higher education
- To organize inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- To prepare documents of various programmes/activities of the college, leading to quality improvement
- To act as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality related activities including adoption and dissemination of good practice
- To develop and maintain institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality
IQAC at NIE constantly work as dynamic system to bring quality changes in participation decision-making process at various level in the Institution.